5.0 out of 5 stars La Jolla. A Celebration of its Past, December 19, 2002
Leigh Sherman (La Jolla, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Jolla, A Celebration of Its Past (Paperback)
There are other charming books written about the jewel-by-the-sea, La Jolla, but this one adds a special touch that enhances our beautiful resort with fascinating facts from the past. Famous names such as Irving J. Gill, the architect, Ellen Browning Scripps, Charles and Anne Lindbergh, Gregory Peck, and Cliff Robertson, to name a few.
The world renowned Scripps Institute of Oceanography with its pioneers, such as Roger Revelle, is one of the many outstanding features and facts of a well written record of our paradise-on-earth village.
Though not a native of La Jolla, I have visited it since 1938. I moved my residence here in 1985.
I have sent this book to family and friends out of town who have also become intrigued with this Town with the Funny Name by Max Miller.
Indeed, anyone, anywhere, interested in history and the arts will open a book filled with them.
Signed: Leigh Sherman, member of La Jolla Branch of National League of American Pen Women since 1984.

5.0 out of 5 stars La Jolla: A Celebration of its Past, October 7, 2002
Maureen Shaner (La Jolla, California. U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Jolla, A Celebration of Its Past (Paperback)
My husband is very impressed with Patricia Daly-Lipe's book, so much so that I haven't had a chance to read it yet. He has read a number of books about our home town of La Jolla and found this one to be truly superior to the typical tourist offering. The overall quality of the book is demonstrated by the breadth of the topics covered coupled with the knowledgable glimpses of La Jolla offered by several resident authors.

La Jolla, A Celebration of Its Past
La Jolla, A Celebration of Its Past by Patricia Daly-Lipe (Paperback - August 1, 2002)
Used & New from: $1.24