Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on November 25, 2011
La Reina del Sur was one of the most exciting, fast paced and tightly plotted telenovelas ever aired. It has great acting, led of course by Kate del Castillo in the title role. There are no subtitles, and it's in Spanish, so you have to be fairly fluent to understand what's going on. The story is gripping, tracing the unexpected rise, fall and rebirth of a woman who never asked to be, but somehow turned out to be, a very powerful figure in the international drug trade. Even though she's a "criminal", the viewer has a lot of sympathy for her, as she has a strong internal moral code, and cares deeply about her friends. The original series ran 63 episodes, and all 63 are included in full on Volumes 1 and 2 (6 discs each). The picture and sound are clear, and I'm really enjoying every minute, even though I saw it originally on TV.
on November 10, 2011
You get the entire telenovela if u get volume 1 and 2... With no editing ... Great quality, best Novela in in a very long time and very unique, about drugs, love and sex,, you must watch..
on December 3, 2011
Wonderful novel I did not wanted to end. If you like action and adventure you need to have this more than great DVD. One of the kind.
on December 31, 2011
Son pocas las palabras que pueden describir esta obra de arte en actuaciones, ambientación, escenarios y sobre la historia leí el libro y ahora que vi la serie esta llevada a la pantalla de una manera extraordinaria, Kate del Castillo te cautivara, pero la participación de la española Cristina Urgel se lleva obra, fantástica, debes no solo verla, tenerla.
on April 2, 2012
Be best mini series ever, have watched it 3 times. Highly recommend it.
Kate del Castillo's best ever performance as La Reina del Sur
on February 12, 2013
The series is great, so if you speak Spanish don't pass this up. The problem is that they made the stupid decision to not include subtitles. I ended up buying these for my wife (she speaks Spanish and I don't) and we couldn't watch them together. I had to wait for it to show up on TV and we watched it that way.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 16, 2013
If you have read the book (magnificent) and you liked it, you will NOT be disappointed (and if you haven't read the book, I suggest you start there as it will make you appreciate the series more). I love Kate.
on March 30, 2014
Esta novela esta magnifica, me encanto, ojala saliera otra continuacion de esta novela. Kate del Castillo tubo que trabajar como loca en esta novela, pero me incline ante ella que papelaso , tremenda eso viene en la sangre.
on December 3, 2012
Such a great story telling...direct, sharp, witty. Superb acting...will keep you glued to the seat considering the quickness of the pace. Can't wait to the the sequel...if the finally green-light it.!
on February 24, 2012
I'm was thrilled when I saw that La Reina Del Sur was available on DVD but what surprised me more
was that it wasn't edited. It's the complete novela with all episodes. Wow. Now that's impressive.
I bought 3 copies of this novela and gave the other two as gifts. I'm watching it again and the
only thing it lacked is that they didn't include the English subtitles. That would have made these
DVD's perfect. I hope that they reconsider and add the English subtitles because the story is SO
good and English speaking people would buy it. You guys are missing out on a lot of American buyers.
At least add the subtitles as an option. Originally when it aired on Telemundo they DID have the
subtitles in English so at least think about it.