5.0 out of 5 stars Best sunscreen ever so sensitive skin
Published on March 3, 2010 by Monika Balmori

1.0 out of 5 stars Not proven effective against UV-A
Published on June 15, 2010 by Nemo

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sunscreen ever so sensitive skin, March 3, 2010
This review is from: La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid for Face, 1.7-Ounce Bottle (Health and Beauty)
I got this product because I have rosacea and very sensitive skin, everytime I try skin products my face gets really irritated speccially when I use sunscreen, but that is the one thing I never left home without, I live in Fl and is always really hot and sunny, to leave the house without sunscreen is a big mistake for my skin, but I never found a good sunscreen that would suit my needs. When I first got it in the mail I remember thinking that is a little expensive considering how small it is, but is worth every penny, I will defenitly keep buying it time and time again, I use it after moisturizing in my face and the results are incredible, its not pasty or oily, is just perfect.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not proven effective against UV-A, June 15, 2010
Nemo (Berkeley, CA) - See all my reviews
This version of "Anthelios" does not contain mexoryl, which is the most effective UV-A blocking agent. Don't buy this version of "Anthelios;" instead, look at the other Anthelios products that DO contain mexoryl. If you want a non-mexoryl sunscreen (which I don't recommend, since they are less effective against UV-A), then go with the Neutrogena productd that contain "helioplex," The lower SPF "dry touch" versions are reasonably effective, feel better on the skin than any other sunscreen I've tried, and are way cheaper than this product.
Having said that, the mexoryl-based sunscreens are more effective than the Neutrogena, so are probably worth the extra cost. Bear in mind that UV-A causes cancer, but not sunburn. A sunscreen that protects against sunburn, is not an effective anti-cancer agent unless it also protects against UV-A. Most sunscreens that claim UV-A protection only provided it for half an hour or so. Mexoryl, on the other hand, lasts several hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this sunscreen, June 27, 2014
I have foolishly spent way too much time in the sun over the years without sunscreen and my skin has paid the price. This product provides a very nice and light coverage and thoroughly protects your skin from the sun’s damaging rays. The tube is a bit small though and it doesn’t last very long, but it is a quality product. I have also started using an amazing skin vitamin that helps repair sun damage, helps wrinkles and improves skin elasticity, try it: Renuvaderm - The Most Complete Anti-Aging Skin Supplement!.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, June 30, 2013
Compared to other sunscreens of like SPF protection, this one turns yellow on skin and stains clothing. Between my husband and me, we have three ruined white bicycle jerseys with yellow stains around the neck.

4.0 out of 5 stars light weight, April 22, 2013
Solmaz (Vancouver, BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
It is a good sunscreen, very light weight but a little bit drying. I would recommend it to people with oily or combination skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars So happy I don't have to import this from Europe!, October 24, 2009
I have been using the "Anthelios Fluide Extreme" for years after discovering it in Paris, either picking it up when I traveled to the EU or importing at ridiculous cost. Annoying and expensive, but it's simply the best sunscreen out there for daily use -- light, easy to use, lasts all day, plus cuts out the need for morning moisturizer.

What a delight to find that they have found a US importer! The US formula is slightly different, and I think a bit better, as it leave my skin more matte. However, now that it is winter, I find the formula dries me out a bit, so I will either import the slightly greasier EU formula or try one of the other Anthelios products available here.

One complaint -- no mexoryl in this one (their press releases are very specific about this.) I can't find out anything about what "cell-ox" actually is. But I do trust that there's some UVA protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have arrived at the only facial sunscreen I will ever use, September 16, 2010
Antoinette (Hendersonville, NC) - See all my reviews
Believe me, I have tried chemical, physical block, a combination of those....all brands you can imagine....this is THE ONE. I apply after my morning serum routines (Vit C usually) have had a couple minutes to sink in. VERY smooth, absorbs right into skin and even when used immediately after an at-home chemical peel...it does NOT sting! A little goes a long way so it is also a great value.

1.0 out of 5 stars this suncreen and fabrics do not mix, August 6, 2010
This suncreen can stain your clothing yellow. I accidentally had some drip on to my jeans and another time on my shirt. Both times I wiped the suncreen off right away. When I washed my clothes there was a bright yellow stain from the suncreen which does not come out easily. Two machine and three to four hand washes later (where the fabric was scrubbed together) the stain might be gone or will only be faded depending on the amount of sunscreen/type of fabric.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this product!, October 30, 2010
This is the best sunscreen I have found. What I love about it is that is has a matte finish. I have used other sunscreens, but they leave my face shiny and makeup is hard to apply afterwards. This sunscreen protects my face and yet after applying it, I have a perfect foundation to apply my morning makeup.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Results, June 14, 2014
I have used this product for almost two weeks now and it really dries my skin out. I love the way it feels so silky going on and it absorbs extremely fast (almost too fast), but it causes other problems that just don't make it worth using. My face is also very rough looking now (it's not flaky -- just a raised rough surface all over). I'm not sure if that's a second issue or if it's the result of the extreme dryness.

Also, this product smells very highly of toxic chemicals. And while I expect a certain chemical smell, this made me wonder what the heck I was putting on my skin. I really wanted to like this product, but I cannot even wear it. I will have to throw it away.