Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on March 3, 2010
I got this product because I have rosacea and very sensitive skin, everytime I try skin products my face gets really irritated speccially when I use sunscreen, but that is the one thing I never left home without, I live in Fl and is always really hot and sunny, to leave the house without sunscreen is a big mistake for my skin, but I never found a good sunscreen that would suit my needs. When I first got it in the mail I remember thinking that is a little expensive considering how small it is, but is worth every penny, I will defenitly keep buying it time and time again, I use it after moisturizing in my face and the results are incredible, its not pasty or oily, is just perfect.
33 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 15, 2010
This version of "Anthelios" does not contain mexoryl, which is the most effective UV-A blocking agent. Don't buy this version of "Anthelios;" instead, look at the other Anthelios products that DO contain mexoryl. If you want a non-mexoryl sunscreen (which I don't recommend, since they are less effective against UV-A), then go with the Neutrogena productd that contain "helioplex," The lower SPF "dry touch" versions are reasonably effective, feel better on the skin than any other sunscreen I've tried, and are way cheaper than this product.
Having said that, the mexoryl-based sunscreens are more effective than the Neutrogena, so are probably worth the extra cost. Bear in mind that UV-A causes cancer, but not sunburn. A sunscreen that protects against sunburn, is not an effective anti-cancer agent unless it also protects against UV-A. Most sunscreens that claim UV-A protection only provided it for half an hour or so. Mexoryl, on the other hand, lasts several hours.
3434 comments| 470 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2013
Compared to other sunscreens of like SPF protection, this one turns yellow on skin and stains clothing. Between my husband and me, we have three ruined white bicycle jerseys with yellow stains around the neck.
22 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2009
I have been using the "Anthelios Fluide Extreme" for years after discovering it in Paris, either picking it up when I traveled to the EU or importing at ridiculous cost. Annoying and expensive, but it's simply the best sunscreen out there for daily use -- light, easy to use, lasts all day, plus cuts out the need for morning moisturizer.

What a delight to find that they have found a US importer! The US formula is slightly different, and I think a bit better, as it leave my skin more matte. However, now that it is winter, I find the formula dries me out a bit, so I will either import the slightly greasier EU formula or try one of the other Anthelios products available here.

One complaint -- no mexoryl in this one (their press releases are very specific about this.) I can't find out anything about what "cell-ox" actually is. But I do trust that there's some UVA protection.
33 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2014
I have used this product for almost two weeks now and it really dries my skin out. I love the way it feels so silky going on and it absorbs extremely fast (almost too fast), but it causes other problems that just don't make it worth using. My face is also very rough looking now (it's not flaky -- just a raised rough surface all over). I'm not sure if that's a second issue or if it's the result of the extreme dryness.

Also, this product smells very highly of toxic chemicals. And while I expect a certain chemical smell, this made me wonder what the heck I was putting on my skin. I really wanted to like this product, but I cannot even wear it. I will have to throw it away.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 14, 2015
Before you buy, just know this: All the raves for Anthelios (which started in the mid-to-late 90's) originally were for the *European* version, which contains Mexoryl, a patented UVA blocker with proven track record in EU and Canada. Mexoryl is highly stable; it does not degrade after hours of sun exposure, rendering the "reapplication" part of sunscreen nearly moot. L'Oreal was the one to patent and develop Mexoryl, which is why it's only found in L'oreal brands outside of the US. In the late 90s and early 2000's everyone was buying Anthelios from European or Canadian sites. Coasting on this word-of-mouth success, the US version was soon launched--- but without the star ingredient which is so effective.

The FDA did not approve Mexoryl as a sunscreen; Talk to anyone in cosmetic industry regulation and it's well-known that the USA is 10 years behind Europe and Asia on approving sunscreens. The list of US-approved sunscreen ingredients is very short, whereas in Europe and Asia the list is longer--- and these newer ingredients are much lighter, thinner, and more absorbent -- Another reason why EU/Asia sunscreens feel like invisible silk---and US ones tend to feel greasy/heavy.

The US version does NOT contain Mexoryl, instead it contains Avobenzone --also highly stable for many hours under the sun -- but this formula also contains Oxybenzone, a controversial ingredient (look it up). I'm not against chemical sunscreens, but I personally avoid Oxybenzone as much as I can. However, one great benefit is the milky-light texture, absorbent finish that feels weightless on skin. This is one reason why it's so popular.

If you don't care about chemical UV filters and just want an absorbent formula that works great on the face, this is a good option. But know that the Euro version is far superior, and if travelling outside the US, stock up --it's very affordable.
on April 22, 2013
It is a good sunscreen, very light weight but a little bit drying. I would recommend it to people with oily or combination skin.
on September 16, 2010
Believe me, I have tried chemical, physical block, a combination of those....all brands you can imagine....this is THE ONE. I apply after my morning serum routines (Vit C usually) have had a couple minutes to sink in. VERY smooth, absorbs right into skin and even when used immediately after an at-home chemical peel...it does NOT sting! A little goes a long way so it is also a great value.
on August 27, 2010
My dermatologist recommended this product to me some years ago. I am 69, still look like 52 (in the face and neck area, anyway--LOL.) The fluid is ultra light and absorbs immediately so I can put on make up right away. I use it everywhere (even eyelids) but most on face, neck, chest/bosom, hands and arms. Dr. recommended that I use it each and every day even if indoors in a closet on a rainy day as one is constantly being bombarded by UVA and UVB radiation, which is both harmful and ages skin. Also, I find it is very economical as a little goes a long way. If one needs additional moisture, it combines easily with moisturizing lotions. It's also water resistant and still retains its SPF even after 40 minutes of perspiring in a gym or swimming.
review image
on August 6, 2010
This suncreen can stain your clothing yellow. I accidentally had some drip on to my jeans and another time on my shirt. Both times I wiped the suncreen off right away. When I washed my clothes there was a bright yellow stain from the suncreen which does not come out easily. Two machine and three to four hand washes later (where the fabric was scrubbed together) the stain might be gone or will only be faded depending on the amount of sunscreen/type of fabric.
66 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse