5.0 out of 5 stars Even Accutane didn't work for me...
Published on November 6, 2007 by Minelli

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Didn't Work
I purchased this after I started breaking out with cystic acne for no apparent reason. I'd get about 4 or 5 huge bumps on my jaws and along my chin. Right around the time the bumps would almost be gone, which would take at least 2 weeks, I'd get 4-5 *new* huge bumps in different places on my face. It was very frustrating, and I really needed something to deal with this...
Published on May 7, 2012 by JadedDelta

5.0 out of 5 stars Even Accutane didn't work for me..., November 6, 2007
This review is from: La Roche-Posay Effaclar K Acne Treatment Fluid (30ml) 1 Fluid Ounce (Health and Beauty)
I highly recommend this product in combination with other Biomedic products from LaRoche-Posay for the treatment of stubborn acne. I had trouble with moderate to severe acne for most of my 20s. I tried everything - accutane, 5 kinds of antibiotics, differin gel, ortho tri-cyclen + aldactone, stuff from tv, and oftentimes, I used several of the treatments in combination, as directed by my ever-hopeful dermatologist. Finally, I went to a plastic surgeon to see about some scar treatments, and before he did any major procedures, he put me on a combination of effaclar K, a couple of other biomedic products, Retin-A micro, and I had regular micro-dermabrasion and/or facial peel treatments. Retin-A Micro gave me really dry skin, so after I cut that out, everything else worked perfectly. I know other people's recommendations can be annoying, especially when you're certain that nothing will work, but I'd say that this product is worth a try! It really did help me. I continued to use it even after I stopped going to regular microdermabrasion appointments, and I have never had a reoccurence of acne. (As a side note, I also avoided major plastic surgery as a result of the success.)

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!, February 20, 2009
This product is absolutely awesome. I've had acne since childhood and tried this when I was in my mid 30's. I've tried many products including Proactiv. I was introduced to this at the dermatologist's office. Adult acne is now gone. I bought some for my kids (ages 14 & 21) and their acne is gone. This product doesn't dry out the skin and a small tube goes a long way. You don't have to use much. Just a small dab. It also works wonders for preventing razor bumps. After shaving, apply this to the shaved area and no razor bumps. My 21 yo loves it for acne and razor bumps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better!, February 18, 2011
I have been suffering with both regular and cystic acne. In the first week of using this I only noticed that my skin was softer, brighter, and more evenly colored. There was not much of a difference in acne other than less swelling. After two weeks my pores were much less clogged and my regular acne started diminishing. Also, the healing time for acne lessened and they stopped getting as large and inflamed. This WILL NOT get rid of cystic acne, but it certainly helps them heal and stops them from growing as large. I have been using this product for about a month now and my skin is clearer, scaring is going away, and my skin is slightly less oily. Another thing: this is a great makeup base. After a month of using this 3 times a day I have used about 1/3 of the tube. I tend to go overboard on application, especially on the cystic areas. Everything else I have tried irritates my sensitive skin including benzoyl peroxide, tretinoin, sulfur, anything with alcohol in it, and even other salicylic acid products. This does not irritate my skin, in fact it calms it. I absolutely recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, November 18, 2008
I wish I had found this product long ago.

It is the only thing I've actually rated 5-star on Amazon because I believe it rates it.

It reduces visible zits when applied directly to them- sometimes in just a couple of hours.

When applied to the whole face after a warm shower just before bed, you wake up with a clearer, cleaner, tighter face. The acidity kills acne-causing bacteria on and below the surface of the skin, dissolving oily residue, preventing clogged pores, and eating away dead skin.

I found this product in Paris, and a few years later it started to be exported to the USA. Until then, I was spending alot of money to purchase and ship it here into the USA where I live. Now that it is available on Amazon.com, I'm so overwhelmed with happiness.

I cannot possibly say enough. This stuff really is that good. 10/10!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever found, February 18, 2011
I've got the standard oily T-zone, but with incredibly sensitive skin, and usually have a few blemishes hanging around. The thing is, they're usually big, gnarly awful zits. And I have tried everything. Everything I have tried has either made my skin turn bright red from irritation or it did nothing at all. This stuff has been the perfect solution. I use it once a day when I'm all clear and twice when things start flaring up and I have never ever been so happy with anything else.
It's not the cheapest ance solution, but I can promise you it's worth it. Without a doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Product, I Really Do..., February 8, 2009
I love this product! I have tried literally hundreds of beauty products from many countries and in every price range. I've used cetaphil and creme de la mer... However, I can say that after two months of using this product it is the best thing I have found for my acne-prone skin. As my dermatologist always emphasizes after I tell him I feel like I'm wasting my money, there is no such thing as a miracle. He's right, and I still get some breakouts, but this has helped- noticeably.

It also did not dry my skin the way all other acne products seem to do. I pair it with LRP's toleriane moisturizer and I get no flakes at all, and almost no zits. Best thing I've ever found for my acne; in my case better than prescription gels or antibiotics. My skin started getting better in a few days, but give it a try for at least 2-3 weeks since it takes some people longer to see results.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best I've ever found, December 16, 2011
I'm a licensed esthetician that has had the opportunity to use many acne products and professional treatments but nothing has worked the way this stuff does. I'm in my mid-twenties and suffer from mild cystic acne and pustules at least once a week. I discovered this product and it has cleared up my breakouts in just one day. Not only that but I use it only once a day (to spot treat) and it doesn't dry out my skin! I combine this with the cleanser and moisturizer and I wake up with smooth, clearer and happy skin! I'm very very happy that I've found this product after struggling with acne for 10 years. I'm excited to combine this with microdermabrasion and peels once a month :D

5.0 out of 5 stars keeps skin clear and improves texture, November 19, 2011
I have weird skin that's acne-prone and sensitive and reacts badly to anything even slightly comedogenic. Only 2 products have been able to keep my skin clear and happy...this Effaclar K and Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion. Effaclar K is great because it's an everyday insurance policy againt zits, plus it has a slight exfoliating quality that over time will make one's skin smoother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acne Treatment, March 30, 2011
Jill Douglas "Jill Douglas" (Mason City, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I am 44 years old with a mild case of errupting acne. I had tried several OTC medications for a topical, but after a month, I was frustrated. I searched Amazon for another product and came across the La Roche-Posay Effaclar K Treament and decided to try it since so many others had positive results.

I too am a believer in this product. The acne that I have is in the T areas of my face. In just two days, errupting acne seemed to just disapear. I'm really impressed with the product and would recommend it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving this so far, July 3, 2009
Like many other reviewers, I've tried many products to treat my adult skin that breaks out (especially around the chin area). I received this about two weeks ago, and have been using it only at night before I go to bed. Typically, I find if I use a product like this twice a day my skin gets dry and flaky, so I limit to once a day. I am so impressed with this product! Instantly, my skin looks better - smoother, with the pores less visible. I've noticed that I am hardly breaking out anymore. Based on this I am going to buy another product from their line.

Rate and Discover Movies