Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on January 13, 2008
If you want to treat your tastebuds to the ultimate delight, try dulce de leche and this brand is the best! As a native of Argentina, I grew up with this stuff and no imitation comes close. Serve it inside crepes slightly warm folded and with powder sugar, with flan or ice cream and remember a little goes a long way. Very sweet!
on July 26, 2015
I purchased this for my mother in law's birthday breakfast (we were making crepes). Opened the product & there was mold growing all over the inside of the jar. I was so embarrassed! Expiration date on jar is April 2016.
review image
on August 23, 2012
... maybe you don't want to try it. It's that good.

I was introduced to it when it was carried by Williams-Sonoma. It's been discontinued -- at my local store, at least -- but I am thrilled to be reunited with it on Amazon Marketplace. It makes a delicious spice cake complement or ice cream cover. Divine.
on March 11, 2014
My town has many stores selling different brands of dulce de leche, but I order this one which is twice the price (at least) because it makes my dulce de leche cheesecake incredible. I had this first on a trip to Argentina, and I realized then that caramel or just any old dulce would never satisfy.
on September 3, 2014
I lived in Argentina for a summer a couple of years ago and I fell head-over-heels in love with the dulce the leche.
While I was there I learned that you can use it on cakes, alfajores, on top of "Maria" cookies, waffles, pancakes, on bananas, etc.

When I came back, I needed to share this amazing finding with some of my friends, so I went to Amazon on a mission to find this tasty treat and to my surprise I found "La Salamadra" dulce the leche, which was one of the brands that I had tasted in Argentina.
The flavour of this dulce is rich and creamy, honestly I could just eat it by the spoonful.

It is honestly a little taste of Argentina here in the US.
on November 12, 2014
This is the real thing. I'm argentinian and it was hard for me to find REAL dulce de leche in the states. Although there are other argentinian brands on amazon, the difference about the flavor is the container. The glass jar really keeps the amazing dulce de leche/vanilla flavor. I had a bad experience with the packaging, but I think it was amazon's fault, that's why I'm giving 5 stars to the product and the seller.
This is a caramel flavored filling/topping that is very popular among people from Latin America. I grew up eating dulce the leche, as my parents were Cuban. My ex-husband is from Argentina, and he, too, grew up eating this mouth-watering, sweet dessert topping.

It is delicious with ice cream, with flan, and as pastry filling. I even know people who eat it as a spread on white bread. It is also delicious by itself, though one cannot eat all that much of it in one sitting as it is so sweet. When I discovered its availability on Amazon and saw that it was recommended by a fellow reviewer, I immediately bought three jars, even though the shipping was on the high side. Well, the actual product more than met my expectations, as it was absolutely delicious. I can certainly understand why it was the Gold Trophy winner in the spreads/sweet toppings category at the 2000 Fancy Food Show.

I am only sorry that I did not buy more than three jars of it, as I see that it is no longer available through Amazon, and I am plumb out of it. The good thing, however, is that I know how to make dulce de leche. I am, however, notoriously lazy about cooking. Maybe the fact that it is no longer available will galvanize me into whipping up a batch of this delicious taste treat. If not, I can only hope that it will become available.
on November 7, 2015
This Isn't like the gooey, stringy caramel we are used to in America. The texture is more like a dense, rich but not too sweet pudding. It is really delicious and from the first spoonful you know you are eating real food...nothing cheap, or fake about it. Like so many other reviewers, I had one spoonful, went into a trance, and came out of it when a third of the bottle was gone. The jar is about the same size as a small jar of spaghetti sauce. I'm glad I ordered two jars and will most certainly order it again as long as the company does not make a foolish move and change the ingredients.
on February 14, 2014
This is as good as it gets. Ordered from Amazon and tried it based on friends recommendation. We now have this on the table every morning and for dinner. Excellent on toast, breads and cookies. Use just a thin film over toast and cookies. This is so good, makes you want to hide it and keep for yourself, really.
on August 20, 2015
A bit pricey but truly tastes like caramel made from real sugar and real milk (not corn syrup and skim milk). If you've been regularly disappointed by other "caramel" products generally sold in the US, this one might just be perfect.