5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!
This is a delicious oil. The walnut flavor really stands out. We keep this oil in the refrigerator, to preserve freshness and taste. Definitely shake it well before each use. Everyone comments on how good it tastes whenever we use it. So, it's pretty universal in its appeal.

Published on December 15, 2009 by C. Schmidt

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Poorly Packaged
We have used this product before and love it, so decided to send some as a gift to friends. The cans were received dented. Two of the cans were significantly dented. The 3 cans were taped together, but no other packaging was in the box. One side of the box was torn. The shipping receipt was not included nor was the "gift" message that we had requested. Our friends...
Published on May 27, 2011 by J. Wenning

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, December 15, 2009
C. Schmidt (Colorado Mountains) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil, 16.9-Ounce Cans (Pack of 3) (Grocery)

We make a salad dressing using this walnut oil, blood orange vinegar and honey. The ratio of all ingredients is 1:1. E.g.:
- 1/4 cup blood orange vinegar
- 1/4 cup roasted walnut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
(adjust to your taste buds)
Mix with a blender or hand blender (or by shaking the jar, but a blender mixes much better, especially with the thick honey). Wow, is this a wonderful salad dressing!

By the way, we use this blood orange vinegar: "Cuisine Perel Blood Orange Vinegar", which is available via Amazon. It has a wonderful flavor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lovely taste but be sure to shake before using, September 12, 2009
I make an extended butter using this oil, water and liquid lecithin. It is just the BEST tasting spread ever and much healthier because of the walnut oil. I keep mine refrigerated to preserve that wonderful taste and aroma. It tends to settle out so be sure to shake it before using to get the full flavor and consistency. I didn't know to do this on the first container and when I got to the bottom it was very thick, almost sludgy, with the roasted bits. Amazon's price is pretty fair although I can occasionally find it locally (TJ Maxx)a bit cheaper. But I must say ordering from Amazon and getting it shipped straight to me is VERY convenient. I've never had any problems with damaged or leaking containers on this product (well maybe a small dent in the metal but that's all).

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best oils on the market!, March 20, 2012
La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut is the best tasting oil I have ever had. My old favorite was Avocado oil but this is even better and keeps longer. I pour it on everything. Make a great mayonnaise. Spinkle on baked stuffed shrimp or baked fish. Drizzled on steak or chicken and as a topping for pasta and bruschetta with some garlic, parsley and parmesan cheese. Addictive so you'll want to have it in the house all the time. Buy it you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Barbeques, March 3, 2009
aristata (Kendrick, ID) - See all my reviews
I've used La Tourangelle roasted walnut oil during the barbeque season for the past four years or so. It's a great product and I won't fire-up the hibachi without it. Along with various vinegars, I'll splash it on mushrooms, peppers and whatever veggies I have from the garden. (The main dish is usually tofu, but I have a special marinade for that.) One 500 ml can lasts me about one season while the other two keep well in the refrigerator. From what little shopping-around I've done I think the price would be hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, April 1, 2011
wow. I read the great feedback on this product and took the plunge and was not disappointed. We had bought some other walnut oil at WF and this one blows that out of the water. The flavor, aroma, and price are second to none.

My fav recipe so far:
take a large yam/sweet potatoe, cut in 1/4 inch strips lenthwise (like a long potatoe chip). baste in oil and salt. broil for 10 min per side. enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good oil, April 14, 2012
I ordered a set of three cans and they showed up yesterday in perfect condition (no dents). So far I have made some boiled red potatoes and seasoned them with walnut oil and sea salt. I also roasted some yukon gold potatoes and english squash with the oil and it turned out wonderful--the walnut oil gives it a great flavor. I will be giving one can to my parents. Since my mom is not a fan of olive oil it will give my dad a new flavor to play with in his cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars YAY!, September 21, 2011
La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil, 16.9-Ounce Cans (Pack of 3)
I had already ordered this and had two left in my refrigerator, having given one to my brother. He shared it with mutual friends, who loved it too, so I ordered another package for Christmas gifts to those who had fallen in love with it after tasting his sharing. I then used it (1 C.) in my peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe (see review of Skippy Natural Creamy PB). This arrived today and I have to cheer!

Thank you SO much! This product was securely and SNUGGLY packaged in the perfect sized box so it did not slide about or damage itself! THANK YOU SO MUCH AMZ for giving due attention to appropriate and PROPER packaging to these three cans of walnut oil! PERFECT! (YAY!)

It is lovely and so yummy that I also ordered a set of the Pecan oil too.
La Tourangelle Roasted Pecan Oil, 8.45-Ounce Tin

And, remember to check out the others - pistachio, hazelnut, pumpkin, almond, etc.
This is a great answer for those of us with non-nut food allergies (Dairy, Soy, Gluten, Lime, Mint, Grapes) that allow us to use these oils to give some enchantment to our cooking and baking. I subbed it for the peanut oil in my PB cookies and it added a nice note to them. Like Christmas! YUMM!

Remember, (like so many other helpful reviewers advise) to keep it in the refrig!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, January 1, 2012
Harry Woods (Sellersburg, Indiana USA) - See all my reviews
In a "feeling carefree" moment at the grocery -- I purchased a can of this oil thinking to myself I would be tossing ~$7 in the trash later, but I was always curious about that little shiny metal can of Walnut Oil.. Yesterday, I took the plunge and OMGz is this oil awesome!! I put it to use in my pasta sauce, replacing the Olive oil, and it was delicious! The can says to refrigerate immediately after opening to preserve the oil, but I do not think its going to last very long before its empty..

4.0 out of 5 stars Savory and earthy flavor, August 9, 2011
Flavor 5 STARS: First time I used the oil I poured some in a saute pan to scramble some eggs. It ended up being an earthy mushroom like flavor. I loved it. I pour it on my dogs food occasionally and they love it. I wanted to buy this originally because I watched the Dr. OZ tv show and he recommended ingesting a little every day for its anti-inflammatory properties. I gave some oil to my Aunt who has an auto-immune disease and she likes the oil as well. I would definitely buy this product again.

Ding for metal alloy container: It is cheap metal and though it was packaged well by Amazon.com the containers probably got dented in Amazon's warehouse because it didn't seem like the packaging should have caused the dents. The way it was packaged if there was any damage it would probably only be dents to the containers so I would say "expect" dents with any shipment of oils if this company uses the same cheaper kind of metal alloy for their containers. Dents do not make the product taste worse so I do not worry about the taste. I will return it if the containers leak but that would not stop me from ordering again. However, the odds of leaking happening probably statistically is not "often" if you receive shipments regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious butter substitute, September 26, 2010
Koho (Bay Area, California) - See all my reviews
This is the good kind of fat, and tastes great.
I actually like the taste better than butter. It has a similar quality- rich, indulgent, blends well with foods, and it is way healthier than butter. Not as aggressive tasting as olive oil.
I have substituted it for butter every chance I get, with good results. (disclaimer- I'm not much of a cook...)

Please buy this, so Amazon will keep it in stock for me. It costs much more in stores, and is hard to find

Rate and Discover Movies