5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish version of a classic!
This Spanish version of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" is just as cute as the English version. Children will love the pages of varying sizes with holes where the caterpillar has eaten up the food.

You can also practice counting up to five with your little one as the bug eats one apple on Monday, two pears on Tuesday, etc.

The vocabulary in this book...
Published on December 4, 2004 by E. WIe

1.0 out of 5 stars This Translation is horrible
Published on July 10, 2012 by Arleene

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish version of a classic!, December 4, 2004
This review is from: La oruga muy hambrienta: Board Book (Spanish Edition) (Board book)

The vocabulary in this book DOES require a Spanish speaker in the home. My husband does not speak Spanish and this book is too hard for him to read to our babies, whereas he can read other Spanish board books. Additionally, as it is only in Spanish, my husband cannot compare the Spanish words to English.

Still, I think it's a great addition to your library if one adult speaks Spanish and you are trying to teach your children the language too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always great, March 28, 2000
As an elementary school Spanish teacher this book is a lifesaver. While I found some of the translations slightly unusual it is a great way to use childrens literature to teach many subjects in Spanish. Since it is a favorite of all children and so well known the book is easily understood and can teach number, colors, days of the week, and the life cycle of a caterpillar.

5.0 out of 5 stars So cool!, May 22, 2004
kabuka "Kabuka" (Honolulu, HI United States) - See all my reviews
In case you aren't familiar with this book, it is about a caterpillar who eats and eats and eats. The board book version has holes in the pages so the reader can see what he has eaten. It is so cute! The illustrations are adorable and the kids love it! We are a bilingual family so my boys have the Spansih version. It's super and very durable!

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this book!, September 15, 2006
My daughter is only 20 months old now, but we began reading this book to her at about 14 months. She has learned the names of fruits in spanish and how to count to 5 within a couple of weeks of beginning to read it. It is one of her favorite books along with "Oso pardo, Oso pardo...". This is one of the required books for a spanish class that she will be beginning when she turns 2. As a spanish speaker it is a really easy book for me to read with fun pictures that my daughter enjoys. Even now she loves to put her fingers in the holes to count the fruit. For parents/caregivers who are not quite as experienced in reading spanish, it may be a little difficult to pronounce some of the words, but with some help you should be able to read the words effortlessly after a few times. My parents and in-laws don't speak much english and they love reading these spanish books to their granddaughter. It's a great way for them to bond.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent translation of a great book, May 22, 2011
I loved The Very Hungry Caterpillar as a kid, and so does my son. We bought it in Spanish as his father is latino, but he is thoroughly resisting speaking in Spanish! The best thing about this book is the great translation. So many kids books that have been translated to Spanish lose all of their original character, and become bland and boring at best, and wordy and incomprehensible at worst. This one is great! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!!!!!! My Son loves it!!!!, April 8, 2009
S. Garcia "Javi's mom" (Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic) - See all my reviews
This spanish version is very good, I even like it better than the english one. My 18 months old son absolutely loves this book and enjoys putting his fingers in the holes that are inside. Really good book!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful way to introduce Spanish into the classroom or y, May 17, 2004
Amazon Customer (Birmingham, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This is a wonderful Spanish translation of a classic. This story flows whether you are reading in English or Spanish. Children are so familiar with this story that they embrace the Spanish easily. This translation is a must have in the multi-lingual classroom.

1.0 out of 5 stars This Translation is horrible, July 10, 2012
I own this book in English and had gotten used to reading it to my 20 month old in Spanish. I made up my own translation since I'm fluent in both languages. I checked out the Spanish version at the library only to be highly disappointed. The book did not flow at all and the wording was very off. One book that does translate well and those who translated it did a good job, is Big Dog, Little Dog. I have that book in English/Spanish and it's great in both languages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start, January 25, 2008
This is a great Spanish book for children. They learn the days, some verb tenses, and foods. The pictures help one to remember the words. Great for adult and children.

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic book in spanish, January 15, 2007
Steffi (Omaha, NE USA) - See all my reviews
What's not to love about this childrens favorite? Perfect for all those who start spanish in school.

La oruga muy hambrienta: Board Book (Spanish Edition)
La oruga muy hambrienta: Board Book (Spanish Edition) by Eric Carle (Board book - September 16, 2002)
$10.99 $9.37