5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value
Published on October 21, 2010 by Thom Mitchell

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I bought these boots for use on the ranch. We have mud on the property. They lasted three weeks before both boots tore across the top of foot. The boots were not worn through out the entire day.
Published on August 28, 2012 by Tortuga

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, October 21, 2010
Thom Mitchell (Providence, RI USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I was skeptical that a $27 boot would keep my feet dry and warm. I was wrong. These boots are great - good fit, qood quality construction and my feet are toasty warm and dry. The steel toe and steel shank provide protection and support, the 16" boot height means I can go through mud and muck without fear of water pouring in over the top of the boot. These boots are perfect for the mud season and you can't beat the price. Glad I took a chance and bought them. Give them a try, you'll be glad you did.

4.0 out of 5 stars LaCrosse 16" Boots, June 3, 2010
These boots are winners; the only reason they don't rate five stars is that the soles are not evident 'ice grabbers' (but they are substantial), and these boots do not have top cinchers. (If necessary, the tops might be snugged with a steel bookbinder clip.) I plan to try these LaCrosse boots for summer hiking and kayaking in the Arctic. The steel shank gives expected foot support. Hiking on ice? Plan to grab a rod or staff to comfort you! These are indeed economy boots, but for the money they may be impossible to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome boot! I love it., August 23, 2011
This review is from: LaCrosse Men's 16" Economy Knee Boot (Apparel)
These boots came today with some EXCELLENT shipping service. They came only two days after I ordered them!

I decided to give these new boots a good test and see how they are. Weird how some reviews said they were clunky! And some of the latest reviews seemed to criticize the steel shank, or lack thereof, for this boot. Maybe they got the wrong kind because I'm wearing this pair right now while typing and I have to say I was never impressed more than I am right now with a certain pair of boots. The steel shank seems to be fine, and they're steel-toed, which is good for me since if you kicked a rock, your toes wouldn't hurt afterwards! The padding inside the boots is VERY comfortable and seems like I could wear them for hours! Waterproofed to the limit, and they don't go up to the knee, but comes pretty close! Easy to tuck pants inside.

I also read some reviews asking if the boots run big or not. Well, I'll answer that the best way I can. I wear a size 13 in shoes and the last pair of boots I ordered were in a 13 and fit fine, but were a bit snug. So on this pair, I decided to order ONE SIZE UP and see how it turned out. They are PERFECT! My feet aren't swimming in them and also have a little bit of room for some added comfort. Easy to pull off and on, and jeans are easy to tuck inside, depending on the size of your calves, I guess. So I ordered a size up and they fit great! But if you're cautious, you can order your own size and they'll be no problem. I work an outdoors job and once the weather cools down, I'd be willing to pay TOP DOLLAR for some decent boots that could keep me in comfort once the cold sets in. But I'm glad that I'll have these for the upcoming weather. Order these! I'd rate them a 10 out of 10 if Amazon allowed me to go that high!

Update: November 8, 2012----These boots after more than a year are still holding up very strong. No cracks or tearing apart of the boot anywhere, and still VERY waterproof. I must have worn them a hundred times in rain and snowstorms. They hold up very well, and in the snow, my feet didn't seem to get cold at all, so it's obvious they are made for both rain and snow. I'm betting that I can get another 5 years of wear out of them!

Update: March 9, 2014----I have owned this pair for nearly three years now. It's been rainy recently, so I've been wearing them in the rain while running errands on foot to the nearby store a few blocks away and they still hold up very well! My feet stay dry. I should order another pair just to keep as an extra set. These are great! I definitely got my money's worth. I've read some of the complaints from more recent reviews and I don't know what's going on with the pairs those guys got, but this pair is just fine, and I've never had a pair of footwear that lasted this long before.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT RUBBERBOOTS - BUT LOOK ON THE SIZE !, October 19, 2012
First thank,s Amazon for the good service.
I did order this Rubberboots to Germany, so you can,t buy this here. Delivery from Amazon was very fast, they arrived in Germany 2 Days before estimated date.
These boots are great - exactly as on the photo ,not heavy , good quality, and the shiny look is very cool. The steel toe protect you against stones, but you do not feel.
Perfect for mud season and a very good value for this price. .
The rubber material is very soft, with cotton inside ,and very comfortable. Wide enough for easy slip in and out with trousers .
But be careful with the size! Normally i wear size 8 ,but some customers here in Amazon said that this boots are huge.
So i decided to buy this one full size smaller than what i wear. Great idea !They fit perfect !
I love this Rubberboots .I will wear them every day, walking with my dog.
So try them,, you'll be happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect but size large, September 2, 2011
Parth Vasa (Sunnyvale, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LaCrosse Men's 16" Economy Knee Boot (Apparel)
Its one size bigger and you need to wear 2 socks to compensate. Or at least one heavy sock. Order one size smaller unless you are using very heavy socks as it is not cost effective to exchange.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, August 28, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality product, August 30, 2010
Very satisified with the service and the product. The fit is good and the material seems good quality. I have worn several times since receiving and would definitely get another pair if required. Good value for the price.

I have large feet and the fit was great, east to get of and on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so great after 2 years, November 17, 2010
jDizzle (MO United States) - See all my reviews
full size too big for me. I wear a size 10 shoes and this boot is really lose. After 2 years, the seams unglued. Water came in trying to load the boat on a freezing cold night. Doesn't last long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, October 3, 2012
happy reader (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
The boots seem fine for the price paid. They indeed have a steel toe. Not a trace of a steel shank though, just as another reviewer said. (Can it be that they don't the difference between a toe and a shank in China?) But then, I didn't buy them for the shank.

They are also 1 full size bigger than the standard sizing.

The key to them getting 5 stars is the price. If compared to more expensive boots,they would have been mediocre.

3.0 out of 5 stars immensely Oversized, April 30, 2012
After reading other reviews I decided to order an 11 even though I normally wear a 11.5 or a 12, well I got them and they are still huge, not even sure if I can wear them.

LaCrosse Men's 16" Economy Knee Boot