From the Back Cover
The #1 Step-by-Step Guide to LabVIEW—Now Completely Updated for LabVIEW 8!
Master LabVIEW 8 with the industry's friendliest, most intuitive tutorial:LabVIEW for Everyone, Third Edition. Top LabVIEW experts Jeffrey Travis and Jim Kring teach LabVIEW the easy way: through carefully explained, step-by-step examples that give you reusable code for your own projects!
This brand-new Third Edition has been fully revamped and expanded to reflect new features and techniques introduced in LabVIEW 8. You'll find two new chapters, plus dozens of new topics, including Project Explorer, AutoTool, XML, event-driven programming, error handling, regular expressions, polymorphic VIs, timed structures, advanced reporting, and much more. Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD) candidates will find callouts linking to key objectives on NI's newest exam, making this book a more valuable study tool than ever.
- Not just what to do: why to do it!
- Use LabVIEW to build your own virtual workbench
- Master LabVIEW's foundations: wiring, creating, editing, and debugging VIs; using controls and indicators; working with data structures; and much more
- Learn the “art and best practices of effective LabVIEW development
- NEW: Streamline development with LabVIEW Express VIs
- NEW: Acquire data with NI-DAQmx and the LabVIEW DAQmx VIs
- NEW: Discover design patterns for error handling, control structures, state machines, queued messaging, and more
- NEW: Create sophisticated user interfaces with tree and tab controls, drag and drop, subpanels, and more
Whatever your application, whatever your role, whether you've used LabVIEW or not,LabVIEW for Everyone, Third Editionis the fastest, easiest way to get the results you're after!
About the Author
Jeffrey Travis provides expert consulting and creates books, courses, and products for remote Internet controls and monitoring, virtual instrumentation, and Web applications through his company, Jeffrey Travis Studios. He has more than fifteen years of experience developing software, teaching, and consulting on LabVIEW and related technologies. He holds an M.S. in engineering from the University of Texas at Austin.
Jim Kring is president of James Kring, Inc., a leader in LabVIEW development, system integration consulting, and custom software design. He is founder of OpenG, a foundation promoting open-source LabVIEW tools, applications, frameworks, and documentation.
See all Editorial Reviews