Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 19, 2008
I bought this book for my Geol 110 class at the University of Maryland in College Park. It's completely unlike every other lab manual I've used in college. It does not directly relate to the lab project, its more like a textbook or information packet to prepare you for the concepts you'll cover in lab. It has glossy pages instead of the usual paper so I'm discouraged from writing notes and lab findings in it. I feel like we probably could have gotten this information out of our normal textbook rather than buying a separate lab manual.
on March 11, 2011
I received the Lab manual just in time for class. The local book store has ridiculous pricing so I looked on amazon where it was much more affordable. Great quality since it was new. Too bad once I get done with it I wont be able to sell it back. There are lots of little diagrams to cut out. Hope this helps.
on March 15, 2012
Informative and comprehensive lab manual for physical geology. My prof didn't use all of the materials, but overall impression of this manual is great. The manual condition was as described: used,but like new. The previous user must have written nothing on it, and only flipped the manual around.
on May 9, 2011
This book is an excellent, very useful supplement for any intro course in Geology. It is not much of a read on its own, and would certainly not make much of a text on its own, but it isn't intended to stand alone. It's a lab manual; it's intended to be supplemental material, and as such, it accomplishes what it sets out to accomplish quite well.
on July 10, 2010
good color images, good charts, 'geo-tools' including percent estimate, grain size and cleavage goniometer! Pages for notes included, and graph and log paper in back. Also back cover oversized so you can use it as a bookmark. I won't tear any lab pages out, this book is too good as a reference.
on December 26, 2010
I bought this book for a geology lab i took for a semester. This book contained general information about geology and Lab activities that were most of the time enjoyable. When i looked for this book online i found that Amazon offers the lowest price for the book brand new.
on November 21, 2010
This book was in excellent condition. Not only did the previous owner take good care of it but they also filled in all of the missing page numbers(in light pencil) for easy reference and even left some helpful notes that didnt obstruct any of the original content.
on March 11, 2013
The text is clearly written and copiously illustrated, and the lab assignments are effective in providing the student with hands-on experience with the concepts and practical applications of geology.
on September 10, 2010
This product was an amazing price and good quality. So far, I haven't noticed any missing pages, and it even included the cardboard cutouts in the back. Great service. Thanks!!
on October 12, 2010
This product was delivered in a timely manner. It arrived just as it was described in the description. The price was much better than any other I had discovered.