5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite shows, for teens & up
Who would think that a Husband & Wife at the age of 49 would stay up all night long to watch
Published on October 3, 2009 by Tuesday Miles

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
I will continue to buy the Degrassi dvds as long as there is Degrassi however this season was a dissapoinment. The series does go back and forth between the graduates (Paige, Marco, Ellie) and the seniors (Liberty, Emma) however there are a bunch of newer characters being introduced that I cannot garner interest for.
Published on May 19, 2009 by D. Dixon

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, May 19, 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars Time to skip to the NEXT next generation?, July 21, 2009
I've been a die hard Degrassi fan since Mr. Simpson was a student - in other words, since the original series, which tells you I'm much older than the target audience ;) However, I watched the first 5 seasons with as much enthusiasm as I did when Snake and I were both in junior high school. The young actors from those seasons (particularly Lauren Collins as Paige - her character has developed wonderfully over the course of the series) are marvelous - and look like REAL kids, not models - and the storylines are topical and interesting. But now that the first crop of 7th and 8th graders have passed through the newly combined Degrassi Community School (junior AND senior high), they've taken the best of the show with them. Maybe it's just that Paige, Spinner, Emma, Manny, Craig, Ashley, Jimmy, Marco et al were so good, the new kids just don't measure up for me. I just don't find any of them likeable or interesting. We're also seeing a lot of the same storylines from the early seasons rehashed in the later ones. Paige was raped, now Darcy is. Emma was the victim of an online stalker, now we have Darcy again in the same situation. Marco struggled with his sexuality, now Peter does. There are even elements of the original Degrassi Junior High thrown in, like teenage mom Spike in the first series and teenage mom Mia in the new one. The scenes played at DCS just aren't fresh and interesting anymore. Much more watchable are the scenes with the graduates in the university housing, but those are tapering off, and though I haven't seen more than an episode or two of Season 8, I hear that most of the original cast is virtually gone. Such a shame. Maybe it's time to end the show and resurrect it 10 years from now, with Mia's daughter Isabella starring in the NEXT next generation? :)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite shows, for teens & up, October 3, 2009
Degrassi: The Next Generation, thats how much we love the show. I will admit, I sure miss Lauren Collins, and find she is missing in a lot of episodes, she plays the perfect little miss priss, which brings that edge and laughter to the show. I started watching the show with my then pre-teenager, now over 18, and stayed a fan. The show is clean, with life experiences teens can learn by and adults can reflect back in school days, going through the same exact issues. Sad to loose JT from the show, his story line could of been written a little longer with maybe him & Liberty smooching again. The new cast is a tad short on excitment, but should draw the attention of the juniors. We must admit, we have a favorite actor on the show, Marco, out heart goes with you sweetie, your the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Degrassi edgy season, May 23, 2009
This season of Degrassi really started edgy with Darcy's unvoluntary divirgenization & blaming someone else for it. Most of the characters from season 6 are still on this one except for ALEX that was written out but appeared on the first few episodes. Ashley makes her appearances in several episodes & so does Toby,though he appeared a lot which makes me think he shouldn't never been written out of the cast. New characters makes their presence too.
She was mentioned through each & every season by every character, I even thought she was a ghost or so she was cause no actress played her, but her sister did appeared as a new character & was recognized right away,this is none other than HOLY JAY SINCLAIR, sister of HEATHER SINCLAIR.
HEATHER SINCLAIR was mentioned in all the seasons of degrassi but it was never played by anybody making her a ghostly character though HOLY JAY is an existing character & damn she is a bitch like her sister supposedly is,but it makes it interesting cause one SINCLAIR sister is more than enough for DEGRASSI.
This season has a very awesome ending with a very awesome guest & whoever is a DEGRASSI unconditional fan will agree with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars another winning season, November 23, 2009
Season 7 is the first to deal with the major characters in college, and I thought the show had a fantastic transition. I'm so glad I watched it all unfold on dvd because this season, even more than those in the past, featured different characters in different episodes. Cliff hangers kept me watching most of this season in one sitting because storylines lasted for several episodes. For some, the mix of locations might not be as enjoyable, but I think it's wonderful to see these characters grown up. As always, please start with season one, or the character development and their witty antics won't be nearly as entertaining.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Degrassi, Hate Echo Bridge Home Entertainment, August 16, 2009
This season wasn't too bad, given it retained Ellie, Marco, Alex and Paige post graduation and still kept us up with Emma, Manny, Toby, Liberty, Jimmy, Spinner, Jay, and Ashley (on occasion until her as left with Craig). Also, it focused on later season inserts Peter, Darcy, Derek, Mia and Danny. Yes, it introduced a whole new crew as well which was kind of hard to take at first, but hey, it's happened before and it'll keep happening so long as the show is on, so you just gotta deal. In short, we get all the drama in Degrassi high, as well as with the college kids.

Now my real reason for displeasure with this set was Echo Bridge Entertainment, they suck. I miss the Funimation and Alliance Atlantis form of release. Why? Well the quality REALLY sucks, especially when you have a 52" flat screen, it is grainier than a desert. I know none of the seasons have made their way to Blu-Ray yet and I am not upset by that at all. However, with the Alliance Atlantis releases, they at least still held up well on my big TV. This set has poor, poor digital quality. Likewise, we get some nice bonus features, but no audition tapes like they used to include. Thankfully, we get the webisodes which include the well written "Degrassi Of The Dead", and some other very funny ones (my fav being the Queen Bee battle between Paige and Holly J., and Paige findig out Holly J. is related to her arch nemesis Heather Sinclair; priceless!). All in all, it's nice to have this season on DVD, but I only wish the quality was as good as previous seasons. Echo Bridge really just sucks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Show Ever, August 26, 2009
Degrassi the Next Generation is an excellent show for teens and young adults. It deals with a vast array of adolescent issues, including sex, relationships, drugs, family, and friends. In season 7, we are introduced to new, exciting characters, but are also able to see some of the favourites, such as Emma, Manny, and Spinner, who all graduate in the final episode. This season is even more shocking than the previous six, and if you are a Degrassi fan, this will not dissapoint. I highly recommend this product and can't wait to buy season 8!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 15, 2014
A very intense drama that is very realistic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13, 2014
A great coming of age show that's constantly going. i love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Season, April 26, 2014
My son LOVED this season. He was late and started watching Degrassi the season after and Netflix didn't have it so needless to say he was THRILLED when I got amazon prime and saw that he was finally going to see it. Thanks!!!