5.0 out of 5 stars W.O.W
Published on April 15, 2008 by Sara Vieira

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but no cigar
This CD I originally purchased for myself but found the songs and their all over sound too country. I passed the CD onto my husband but he did not care for it very much, he stated none of the songs resonated with him either. I liked a song they put out a year or so ago and I was hoping I would find something as enjoyable on this new CD but did not.
Published 18 months ago by V. J. Fauntleroy

5.0 out of 5 stars W.O.W, April 15, 2008
This review is from: Lady Antebellum (Audio CD)
Amazing CD by a very talented group. Their vocals are beautiful and the lyrics are very touching. Especially the song "One Day You Will". Very powerful song. I expect great things from this group. They remind me a bit of Little Big Town with more of a rock edge to it. Hilary and Charles each have voices that could stand on their own but together they create a rare and phenomenal sound.

Buy it! You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new album listen to over and over, April 17, 2008
This review is from: Lady Antebellum (Audio CD)
The diversity of this group is what makes for simply great music. The vocals are beautiful, the lyrics modern and emotional. Best album I have heard in a long time. We purchased the day the album came out and have been playing at our business; customers continually asking about the artists. You will not be disappointed in any of the songs, very strong from start to finish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut album from new group!, April 24, 2008
Allen Chapman (STAFFORD SPRINGS, CT USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Lady Antebellum (Audio CD)
I first heard of Lady Antebellum thru Victoria Shaw who is a co-writer and co-producer of the album. I've been a fan of Victoria's for years, she has written hit songs for Tanya Tucker to Garth Brooks as well as her own solo career in the late 90's. So I figured I'd check out Lady Antebellum. I was not disappointed. The album is one of those great summer albums, one of those albums that you want to crank up with the windows down. They sort of remind me of Little Big Town in some ways. For me country music has gotten very generic sounding, Lady Antebellum breaks out of that sound. Great harmonies, great hooks, great songs. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the name of the group, sounds like a girl group rather than a trio of two guys and one girl. That aside, this is a great album and if you like Little Big Town, I think you'll like Lady Antebellum as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Debut!, April 17, 2008
This review is from: Lady Antebellum (Audio CD)
The first time I heard of Lady A was when they were announced as an opening act for a concert I was attending. I've NEVER been so blown away by an unknown band before, and they do NOT disappoint on their debut album! The songs have a lyrical style reminiscent of legends like Carole King and James Taylor, and the harmonies of the three singers are flawless. I especially appreciate that H. Scott and C. Kelley share lead vocal responsibilities throughout the album. A MUST HAVE for any country/folk music fan...and I even encourage Top 40 fans to give them a listen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic songs and vocals!, April 16, 2008
This review is from: Lady Antebellum (Audio CD)
I was very excited for this album to finally come out after listening to their debut song many times over. Lady Antebellum doesn't disappoint. The ballads are sweetly sung with the harmony of Charles and Hillary's voices and the upbeat songs are catchy. What a truly awesome new album. Can't wait for this trio to go on tour. All We'd Ever Need and Things People Say are soft and poignant ballads and Love's Looking Good on You is a great upbeat song.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Lady A'd, April 18, 2008
Karen L (Hudson, MA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lady Antebellum (Audio CD)
Lady Antebellum's debut CD has a fantastic mix of music, all written by the members of the Lady Antebellum team. Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott mix their harmonies nice and tight, and their voices complement each other. Throw Dave Haywood's harmonies into the mix and they rival the harmonies of Little Big Town.

Having seen this band live, some songs disappoint as studio cuts, and lack the energy of their live performance. No doubt, as they gain experience in the studio this energy will translate.

A bargain buy at Amazon. Get on board with this band. They're going places!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great New Country Group, August 15, 2009
This is a great new country album. The group manages to inject their own style while still giving country music listeners what they want to hear.

Pros: Energetic, Upbeat, Fun Songs like LOve Don't Live Here, Lookin' For a Good Time, Slow Down Sister, and Love's Lookin' Good on You
Beautiful Ballads like the inspiring I Run To You and One Day You Will and the heartfelt love songs All We'd Ever Need and Can't Take My Eyes Off You
The personal Home is Where The Heart Is is also great.

Cons:There is really nothing to complain about here. it's just a great country album.

Please remember that you can comment on my reviews if you''d like for me to revieww something. Of course, i don't own everything. I will help if I can, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Lady A, April 17, 2008
This review is from: Lady Antebellum (Audio CD)
They are great - every song on the CD was written by the band all that musical talent in one band who could ask for more!

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, April 30, 2008
J. Barclay "Photoguy" (Chalfont, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lady Antebellum (Audio CD)
I am quite happy to have run across this new band. I agree with another reviewer who says they are listening to this disc over and over, I am too. I find the vocals work excellent, songwriting strong and production of the album spot on. I do think Lady Antebellum is here to stay and we are going to hear much from them in the years to come. Nice job!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great CD with a country flavor, December 19, 2009
This review is from: Lady Antebellum (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for my wife because she watched them on an awards show and loved their sound. Upon listening I found it to be a really good CD. Reminiscent a little of Dixie Chicks and Sugarland. I enjoyed it even more the second time around. Fresh sound.

Lady Antebellum
Lady Antebellum by Lady Antebellum (Audio CD - 2008)
Rate and Discover Movies