5.0 out of 5 stars Lafuma gets it right
Published on September 2, 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, but . . .
The value of this chair depends on the climate where you live. It was given to me in LA as a gift, and was great there; however, when I moved to Tucson, AZ where it was exposed to the sun a great deal of the time, the fabric ended up rotting and a large person actually fell through it! It was only 2 yrs. old at that time.
Published on February 22, 2004 by NiteOOwl

5.0 out of 5 stars Lafuma gets it right, September 2, 2000
By A Customer
This summer we decided to replace our old PVC deck chairs in Maine, updating the style, getting rid of the ottomans (bulky extra pieces to lug or trip over) and to be rid forever of the sopping cushions vs. cushions in the livingroom debate on every rainy, dewey, or foggy day. Sound familiar? I was skeptical that a folding chair could be comfortable, but the Lafuma recliner claims to be ergonomically designed and looks similar to my husband's well-loved leather relax-the-back chair in our family room. I was also concerned that the mesh would be rough on the skin. I needn't have worried - the Lafuma recliners are perfect. I like the sleek, black profile and they fold for storage during the winter. They are light enough for me to carry yet are heavy enough to stay put on windy days and to stand up to a lot of use. The cushiony stretch mesh dries quickly, they are easy to sit on, even for our 90 year old mother, and, once you get the hang of the reclining action, they are sinfully comfortable. During their recent visit, I found our 80-something Aunt and Uncle napping in them in the living room. The only problem with the Lafuma recliners is keeping them out on the deck!! Well, that and being sure the supply holds out so I can buy a few more to prevent bickering amongst our usually well-behaved elderly relatives. I'd hate to obstruct the ocean view with safety fencing for those who arrive too late to claim a Lafuma.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, but . . ., February 22, 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars comfortable but dangerous, April 12, 2003
Desmond Stack (Los Alamos, NM United States) - See all my reviews
This chair is as comfortable as they say it is. Unfortunately it has quality issues that could be dangerous. After two months, the elastic cord that runs the perimeter of the frame and holds the webbing on broke. I tried stretching it a little and tying a knot which worked for about a week. The next time the cord broke the whole side of the chair collapsed injuring my back seriously enough to go to the emergency room. I am fairly large (195 lbs) but would not recommend this chair for anyone over 150 lbs. I called LaFuma and they don't handle thier warrenty claims. They told me to call someone else that I have not been able to get ahold of. I assume this will show up in Consumer Reports eventually as a potentially dangerous product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and easy, October 23, 2002
David Casker (Johnstown, PA United States) - See all my reviews
One of the most comfortable recliners I've reclined in, and it folds up with no problem. It's pre-set at a comfortable angle for head and butt and legs, but it would be nice to be able to adjust the back without the lower part or vice-versa. As it is, you move at a fixed angle. Nevertheless, it's very comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every dime!, September 30, 2002
I have owned this lounge chair since May 2002. We have taken our time, using the chair extensively, prior to writing this review. My husband has severe osteo-arthritis throughout his body so it is difficult for him to find a chair that is comfortable. He absolutely loves this lounge chair! It conforms to his body while tilting back to any position he desires. As for the chair's durability, we live in the hot dry desert; this chair has been outside in the sun at 116 degrees all summer and looks, feels and operates like new. I highly recommend this lounge chair. It's the most comfortable chair that has been developed in the past 100 years! The chair also folds up and stores easily in your garage. We keep it out because someone is always sitting in it! Thank you! UPDATE: Dec. 27, 2002 - I'm tired of fighting over who gets to sit in this wonderful lounge chair...I'm ordering another chair for myself! It's unbelievably comfortable. My husband asked me if we could put it in our living room because he says it's more comfortable than his recliner! Don't hesitate to buy this chair. It's worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lafuma!, August 2, 2001
By A Customer
We bought 2 Lafuma mesh chairs a couple of weeks ago. They are very comfortable and so easy to use! We have a Backsaver chair that is somewhat similar to the Lafuma recliner. However, the mechanism to make the chair recline and stay reclined is a pain to use. The Lafuma chairs don't have to be locked into place because they automatically stay at the level you decide to recline. We live on a hill overlooking the beach and we've both napped in these chairs while listening to the sounds of the waves from our deck. There is a RV camping area along a beach path we often use for walks. We noticed many of the people with RV's had Lafuma chairs so we decided to give them a try. In my opinion, any chair you can nap in as comfortably as a Lafuma, must be a Lafuma!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's My Bed!, August 2, 2001
By A Customer
As a 250 lb woman, spending nights at my dying father's bedside was physical torture -- until I tried a LaFuma. I have now been sleeping (resting, reclining, reading, watching TV) exclusively in this remarkable chair for 3 weeks -- all right by his bedside, 8+ hours a day. I have a host of physical problems, and it's ergonomic design lets me adjust it with just a slight body movement to the most comfortable position for me at that moment in time. What more could I ask for? I have just purchased another chair for my livingroom. You can't buy a better chair.

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY I WOULD LIKE AFULL REFUND, September 16, 2001
matthew f. barnett (bala cynwyd, pa. United States) - See all my reviews
THE CHAIR ITSELF IS EXTREMELEY COMFORTABLE! THE MATERIALS THAT ARE USED IN THE CONSTRUCTION,LEAVE ALOT TO BE DESIRED. AFTER THREE MONTHS OF US,THE METAL AT THE HINGES AND THE ZIG ZAG BAR HOLDING THE MESH FABRIC ARE COMPLETELY RUSTED OUT. THE FINISH IS SUPPOSED TO BE POWDER COATED. THE CHAIRS WERE KEPT UNDER AN AWNING DURING THE DAY AND BROUGHT INSIDE AT NIGHT.I AM TOTALLY UNHAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT. I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR REPRESENTATIVE GETTING IN TOUCH WITH ME. 610 664 7550

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute comfort at first sit!, May 10, 2002
By A Customer
I bought 2 La Fuma chairs about 4 years ago. They vie for the designgation as the most comfortable chairs in the house! The style that I have is the dark green fabric type. The chirs are used on our balcony daily as soon as the weather starts to turn warm. As a matter of fact, we oten enjoy relaxing with a lap robe and/or sweater. Three cheers for a great product! Keep up the good work!
As I've noted, we give the chairs frequent use. The elastic ties used to suspend the fabric are starting to show signs of wear. Do you have a repair kit available, or can you supply me with the name of a firm that will fix the chair and return it to its original comfortabe state?
Thank you for your product and for your assistance.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most "chair-a-peutic" thing I've bought in a long time., August 30, 2005
My 62 year old wife of 42 years suffers from chronic pain deriving from fibromyalgic symptoms, a cracked tail bone, and numerous bone spurs on her cervical vertebra, - all coupled with severe food allergies and environmental sensitivities. Ordinary sitting and lying down that we all take for granted as ways to relax are difficult and often agonzing for her. We liked the first LaFuma chair so much after she had used it for several weeks that we bought two more and had them shipped to places around the country which we visit regularly for several weeks at a time. I can't speak highly enough of the design and engineering of this chair. Now if only I could get the airlines to equip their planes with a few LaFumas, then air travel would again be something to look forward to.

Rate and Discover Movies