5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have reference for students (and adults), January 30, 2012
This review is from: I Laid an Egg on Aunt Ruth's Head: Conquering English and Its Ruthless Ways (Paperback)
This book is made up of short, funny, memorable stories that tackle different English grammar points that perplex many of us. It creates great visualizations that are key in helping readers really remember the lessons. It is appropriate for all levels, from elementary school through adulthood. My children, ages 15 and 17, found the stories funny and the lessons clear and understandable. IT is a wonderful reference book to keep on hand in the classroom, or the family room, where lessons can be looked up or studied one at a time. It would make a great teacher gift!
I was also very happy to read that it is OK for me to say "I feel good."

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book to read for either leisure or learning!, January 21, 2011
As a homeschool student, I have found this book very helpful. Not only do you learn the grammar, but you also enjoy learning it at the same time! And because the rules are told in such a fun way you really do remember them! I am not lying when I say I now know when to use lay and lie! My younger sister is always begging me "Read me an Aunt Ruth story! Just one more!" It's her choice for a bedtime story! This book is my absolute favorite and I am waiting impatiently for a sequel!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reference book for every bookshelf, September 18, 2010
I taught English in Fairfax County (VA) public schools for many years and this is, by far, the most comprehensive (and entertaining!) grammar and usage book available. This is the only time I have ever seen students read a grammar book FOR FUN! Schnoor's book gives grammar a shot of adrenaline and never lets up. This book is essential for all school systems, students grades 6 and up, anybody studying for SAT's and ACT's, and adults who don't want to make embarrassing grammatical errors in their personal or professional lives. BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Each Story is a Nice Grammar Lesson, December 19, 2012
The stories do an excellent job of driving home
an individual point regarding correct grammar usage.

If you care about improving your grammar then buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THIS!, April 27, 2014
This is a GREAT book. My daughter is loving it. I love it. My friends love it. I wish this writer had the same flair for math as he does for grammar!

I Laid an Egg on Aunt Ruth's Head:  Conquering English and Its Ruthless Ways