Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

Format: DVDChange

on December 27, 2012
Who would've thought the 1999 classic would be turned into a cheesy franchise? Now I for one love the lake placid movies. Part One was a beast of a movie that combined humor and thrills along with some fun/funny actors and actresses. Part Two went all the way on the cheesy factor and it combined cheesy acting with even cheesier CGI. Part Three took it self a little bit more serious but it still came out strong on the cheesiness and entertaining sequences. Now, Part Four was a bit different, you could tell that it had a bigger spending budget for some main fact points, The CGI was decent, the Acting was decent, the gore was decent, and the cinematography was the best out of all four movies. Part four is definitely the best of the sequels.

Plot: Black Lake has now been quarantined and locals are furious, they just want the beasts dead, however some hunters are looking to get some bounty while a group of high school students accidently travel past the open gate and must fight to stay alive, meanwhile some polices officers and a couple of environmentalists are searching for the kids and are trying to end the life of these so-called precious crocodiles.

Review: If I were to breakdown Lake Placid: The Final Chapter into one word it'd be.... Perfect, this movie is a Syfy Channel/Lake Placid Series lover's dream come true. It packs some serious bite and it never lets up until the surprise ending, I had a feeling that this film would be perfect when I saw some pictures before the release. This sequel brings back everything you loved about the first one. Since Part Two was too unserious and Part Three was just a bit too serious this sequel hits it just right and by combining humor, thrills and more it can compete with the big budget first one any day. I grew up watching films such as Lake Placid, Deep Blue Sea, Anaconda, Jaws, Jurassic Park and I started watching Syfy when their movies were first starting to come out, films such as Crocodile 1 & 2, Python 1 & 2, Boa, Boa vs. Python, Komodo, they were awesome to watch This movie brought back the feelings of good old Syfy and I appreciate that very much.

Acting: Robert Englund steals the show along with Yancy Butler who reprises her awesome role as Reba and the rest of the actors were pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Most of them were not truly bad in fact they were quite decent.

Gore: This is the goriest Lake Placid of them all! We get a grisly decapitation, lots of blood spraying, a chomped off genitals scene, a guy gets devoured by baby Crocodiles in a gruesome fashion, people get crunched on brutally and more.... I have not seen the unrated version but hopefully there is much more!

Bottom Line: I believe that the Lake Placid series will go on and become as big of a franchise as Wrong Turn! This is my favorite sequel next to Part 2 and I hope to see a Part 5 eventually!

Rated: R for bloody creature violence, language, and some sexuality/nudity

My Favorite Lake Placid Movies in Order
1.Lake Placid
2.Lake Placid: The Final Chapter
3.Lake Placid 2
4.Lake Placid 3
Is it worth the Buy on a scale of 1-10: 5 (Just for the Film Itself)
For the Movie itself on a scale of 1-5: 3 (I would give it a 3 and a half out of 5 but unfortunately Amazon will not let me)
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2013
A tree hugger, fish and game representative, and a sheriff are all out on a cold northern lake looking for giant crocodiles... My criticism of the cold blooded nature of reptiles surviving in a cold climate has been addressed in this film with one word: mutation. Thank God as these films were starting to get silly.

Reba (Yancy Butler) is a survivor from the previous film where this one picks up some time later. There is a huge "Jurassic Park" fence around the area. The sheriff (Elisabeth Röhm) encourages her daughter Chloe(Poppy Lee Friar- Seriously? This is her real name?) to go on a senior camping trip by that other lake without said crocodiles. Meanwhile Robert Englund leads a team of poaches in an attempt to get some DNA from the creature to sell. My goodness. How do get these far fetched subplots to collide?

Chloe likes a cute boy who is going on the trip. He has a girlfriend (Slytherin's Pansy Parkinson) with "gator bait" practically written across her forehead. Not that these things are predictable. Reba has the best lines and attitude in this film, which it could have utilized better. Not as good as "Lake Placid 3." It is the "Piranha 3DD" to "Piranha 3D", billed higher but delivers less. The film boasts two memorable scenes, 2 more than most films in this genre. The girl whose foot gets snared in a trap. Then there is the cell phone inside the croc, reminiscent of the ticking clock in "Peter Pan." Thumbs up.

Parental Guide: F-bomb, brief sex, nudity.
on February 27, 2013
As far as I'm concerned this was no better or worse then any of the previous sequels, and certainly not in par with the first one.
Crocs are CGIed to death,along with most of the blood.
That did not surprise me one bit, however I was hoping since it's called Final Chapter that this would be a nice conclusion to the franchise.
Should've known better.
Called Final Chapter and at the beginning there's a nice reference to the title where one dude says something along the lines of " if you want to get rid of the crocs for good you will need to find the source for their mutation " and with that I thought good this may show us some new stuff.
Nope, not so.
One girl comes off as such a bitch that she might as well have "going to die soon' tattooed in her forehead, the crocs as always are way to fast for any animal of their size and dimensions, and it's weird because they don't need to make crocs faster to make them scary but hey let's do it anyways, one guy is Jeremy Renner's long lost brother (I swear to god...just a little more bug eyed), and the stupidity of every character in this is hysterical. (Robert Englund is a magnificent idiot in this)
They troll waters hoping to rescue their lost kids in a boat the would amount nothing more then random toothpicks glued together to the crocs in the lake.
Here's a thought get a helicopter you morons.
I could go on but suffice it to say that for horror movies nowadays, this is about normal fanfare but seriously why not end it like the title says??? OR why call it Final Chapter if it isn't meant to be the Final Chapter.
And how do I know it's not the Final Chapter well go ahead and watch it you'll see. (done oh so subtlely)
Not clever...nothing that hasn't been done before...a story line that makes zero sense...special effects amount to lots of CGI in the red and green variety...but I was surprised at how much I like Yancy Butler's character...probably my favourite out of this whole wretched mess.
Rent it cause I know you will...but if your gonna buy this make sure low budget, non-sensical horror movies are your thing.
on April 7, 2014
Love the Lake Placid I have all 4 of them! Thanks AMAZON for making these available. Never get tired of watching them!!
on November 26, 2013
I liked the first three so had to see this one. it was ok. fast shipping and the kids liked it a lot. watched it a couple of times.
on July 2, 2015
This is probably closer to 2-1/2stars, but I actually watched the entire thing so I gave it 3 stars rather than two.

Alert ... the black guy & the skank die. You also have the obligatory 10 seconds of teenage nudity. The sexy sheriff & the handsome fish and game representative end up in bed & then fall madly in love (which was totally wasted on me as I don't like chick flicks) Toss in totally improbable story line of a bus driver driving a bunch of kids on a Senior trip ... he's on a dark country road, but instead of actually driving, he's watching some chick on his phone while saying "yeah baby shake your a**"" & he doesn't plow into a tree or off the road. Not to mention the coach/chaperone who is sitting right behind him doesn't notice that the bus driver isn't paying attention to the driving, AND while all this is going on the bus driver magically drives the bus through the slightly opened gates to get them in with the crocs.

Only found 1 funny line when the coach states "this is going to be difficult to explain on my resume" after a bunch of the kids have been eaten by a croc.

Yancy Butler is really about the only good thing in the movie, Luckily I checked this out of the library before purchasing
on April 7, 2013
I like movie's like this and that is why i rated it so high. It really is a good movie and i would recommend
it to anyone to watch.
on February 10, 2013
"You again, do you really want to do this?" Chloe (Friar) has finally decided to relax and go on a trip to a lake with her friends. When they get there they are all having fun until they see one of their friends eaten by a croc. When they find out they are at the wrong lake things go from bad to worse, then they meet Jim Bickerman (Englund). Another sequel, another croc, bad effects and worse acting. I will admit that my expectations were very low because after really when you start a series with Betty White there is no where to go but down. Also this is a SCY/FY channel movie and we all know how good those are. If you have seen the others then you might as well see this one, if you haven't stick with the first one. Overall, about what I expected, no better no worse. I give it a C-.
on June 13, 2014
I love the Lake Placid movies. This one keeps you on the edge of your seat. I now have all of them and love them all. I was happy with my purchase and would buy from this vendor again.
on May 30, 2014
Has in the first three movies, this one is about the same . It follows the guidelines of the original and then it comes to an end. I have this to finish off the series, for my collection. G/Gof