Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 16, 2008
I have owned Lakewood quartz heaters for yrs. and use them on a daily basis in winter. They put out allot of heat and aren't very noisy.
In the good old days if a part was needed Lakewood would send it out at no charge. Now I get my occaisional parts from Colorado.
To the gentleman that has switch problems--When my switches get a little hard to turn on, i just remove the selector knob and spray a little WD 40 in one of the holes, run it back and forth and its good as new.
Lakewood used to stand behind their products and thats why I stay with them.
on January 7, 2015
I have very bad asthma, dust allergies, chemical sensitivies and sensory regulation issues, so finding a healthy space heater seemed like a hopeless task. I'd heard good things about Lakewood heaters, so I decided to give this one a try.

First off, I'll address the off-gassing issue that a lot of space heaters have. With this one, I barely noticed any odor (a little plasticy at first), and that's saying a lot with my health problems! The faint plastic smell was completely gone within a few days. On colder days, when it has to run a lot more to heat my room, there can be a faint burning dust smell, but it's barely noticeable.

Second, I'll discuss the sound. The 1500 watt setting does make some whirring sounds, and I can imagine it irritating someone when it turns on and off, but the 750 watt setting barely makes a very soft and tolerable whirring sound. Since I have white noise machines going while I'm both awake and asleep, I can handle the sound from the 1500 watt setting just fine, however it is a little bothersome when I'm trying to fall asleep.

Finally, it's time to talk about heat. I only use this heater to supplement the baseboard heater in a particularly cold room (~120sqft), which can drop below 50F in the winter. It heats the room very quickly and efficiently. I can even feel its radiating warmth from 7 feet away when it's on the 1500 watt setting! I haven't even had to turn the dial passed a medium setting.

So overall, this space heater is fantastic. It doesn't smell, isn't too loud and heats my room very well. It's definately a great buy.

UPDATE: ~1.5 MONTHS (2/21/2015)

It still works amazingly! No complaints!

Also, I recently tested out a little Vornado space heater that my dad has had for a few months, and the off gassing from that was overwhelming. Within a few minutes, I started feeling dizzy and nauseous from the powerful odor. It really made me appreciate the virtually non-existent off gassing from my Lakewood heater!

UPDATE: 2 Winters' use (4/11/2016)

The 750w setting no longer works (the right quartz tube has died), and the fan doesn't blow on the 1500w setting, though the left tube does still hear up. I'm unable to find replacement tubes online, so I'll be contacting Lakewood to see if it's even capable of being repaired. The heater has worked beautifully for 2 winters, so I hope I don't have to give it up.
on January 16, 2012
The first one we got had a rattle that wouldn't quit. Customer service cheerfully replaced it and everything has been working fine for some time now. Very powerful heater makes sitting on a cool deck quite tolerable. Quite satisfied overall.
on February 22, 2008
The heater works good. The only problem I have is that the fan noise is excessive, especially when in the 1500 watt setting.
on December 1, 2014
I purchased this heater in November 2007. It has worked flawlessly ever since. The thermostat is a very nice feature that allows me to set it and forget it, sit back and let it cycle on and off as needed to keep the temperature that I want. I have decided to purchase three more for different rooms so that I don't have to heat the entire house just for one room and save on my heating bill during the winter.
on December 2, 2012
I've owned 3 of these heaters. I like them because they don't give off a toxic plastic odor while running like so many others. However, they only last a couple of winters. After 2 seasons, the 1500 watt setting, which I rarely used, burned out on the first one and it became very noisy. A few days ago, I started smelling something burning- it was the (2nd) heater. The house was filled with burning smoke odor. I'm glad I wasn't asleep. The 3rd one is up for review. Someone gave it to me because he said it was too noisy. So I definitely will not trust it unless I'm present. Too bad they don't last.
on September 15, 2012
I've had this heater for several years, and while it heats nicely, it turns itself off if I turn it to 1500. I typically operate it at 750, and even then cannot turn it all the way up or it turns itself off. Also, the light blinks constantly if I'm using an appliance like washer/dryer, and the warning light comes on too much for my comfort. This is a nice heater as long as you don't leave it running unattended - I still don't trust it. It seems to want to flip out when asked to heat to advertised capacity.
on March 3, 2009
A good value for the money. Have had it for over a month now and works great. With two heat/fan settings it easily heats our rec room in the basement. Fan a little noisey on the high setting but not a serious problem - good white noise.
on July 23, 2009
I've been buying these quartz heaters for years. They are very quiet and give off a good amount of heat. I've keep one beside my bed and a second one next to my office desk. Also, they don't run up my heating bill.

J. A. Buxton
Either of my books listed below
would make a fun and inexpensive gift
1,000 Words or Less - A Collection of Contest Entries

Home of the Red Fox
on December 8, 2008
this heater produces almost zero noise at the 750w setting and a very mild fan hum when at its max setting. It produces a lot of directional heat but takes a little while to heat a room (as all heaters do).

I have had mine for a year and it still works as advertised. What more do you want in a product?