Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Video Game|Change

on November 14, 2011
I bought the game yesterday for my just turned 3 year old. I was going to play through it once and have her watch so she would get how to play it, but she wanted to take over right away. It was pretty easy for her to understand. All directions are spoken so knowing how to read isn't a requirement. I think an older child would get bored with this game. I also think it was a bit overpriced for all that it does, but my daughter loves Lalaloopsy and loves her new game. The dolls do have a recommended age being 4-6 years old, so it does make sense that the game is also aimed for a younger child to play, even though so many older girls love them, too.
on June 19, 2012
The whole purpose of this game is for your child to obtain a charm from each friend in lalaloopsy land to complete a charm bracelet. This game is mostly a preschool math concepts game with some letter recognition and spelling (very little reading). It features a number of games that require matching, color recognition, patterns, spatial reasoning skills, shapes, spelling names by ordering letters on a bracelet and following visual and auditory directions. It requires a bit of cognitive ability on the child's part. They will be given a visual example of something to copy or do and they need to do it exactly as suggested. So if they are to decorate a pillow, they need to do it exactly as they see it in the picture given to them to copy. While its really important that the game requires they match exactly, I had hoped that after it was over this lack of creativity thing would disappear and the kids could create on their own and that didn't happen. I will say this though when they play the mini games, if they make mistakes and don't follow directions it is a forgiving game. They can still progress they just won't get as much credit. The worst they will hear is, "oh no" from a Lalaloopsy friend which is the signal something was done incorrectly. Auditory directions could have been a little more detailed with some of the games. Its visual, auditory and reading. That means a child can do the tasks if they can hear..and not read as well. Or they can read what to do, or see what needs to be done. There is the spelling that will be harder for a younger child. The graphics are cute and the concepts are good, we just found it to be too repetitive and boring after a while. A really young child will need some help initially to do some of these tasks, yet an older child may find this game too easy. I think it would have been better had there been more of an adventure involved in this one. It was played in 3 days, not sure how long it would take a child under 6 to complete it. The pros are it does teach math heavily, some spelling/letter recognition but not much of that. Its adorable and the auditory directions make it easier for younger kids. However the cons are that younger kids will need some help with understanding what to do to complete their bracelet properly and how to do some of the games. Its not a parent free game for 5 and under at all. Its very repetitve and there isn't much to do other than the same stuff. The game never switches gears and adds new elements other than adding new features to each mini game of which the max is 3 features anyway..and it limits creativity if you want full credit for mini games but that isn't a requirement to finish a mini game which is a nice feature. I hope they come up with something for the older kids thats more of an adventure. This is cute and has its place for sure. We are glad we got it. We are just picky gamers.
on April 13, 2012
The older Lalaloopsy fan is going to get bored quick...
It's hard to judge games aimed strictly at children with other titles. These are often very simple and would bore most adults to death. That's the case with Lalaloopsy for the Nintendo DS. The main meat of the game is introducing the Lalaloopsies to one another, improving your friendships by gifting things to them which you create. Each Lalaloopsy's house makes something different, so you have to go to Mitten's house to make mittens, etc. As a side quest, you can find their missing pets and play a simple pet sim mini game. It's all very simple, and while there's plenty of text to read, it's not necessary as the game also explains in pictures and through voice instruction, so even very young children can play it.

They did a nice job with the Lalaloopsy property... all the characters look as they should, have their correct houses and pets. This may not be a big deal for some, but those kind of details are very important to kids who love the Lalaloopsy Sew Sweet world. It's bright, colorful and very accurate.

After you have increased your friendship stats, chatted with your friends, made a stack of cookies and ballet slippers and cared for all the pets, there's not a great deal left to do, which makes this a short but sweet game. Younger children will enjoy replaying it over and over again (3-6), but older girls like Lalaloopsies too and there's not much here for them to tackle. Both of my daughters insisted that it deserved "100 stars"... and it is true that it is well put together, but if you are looking for something with a little more "game" to it, this is not the title for you. As a relaxing friendship making series of on screen tapping craft projects... it works just fine.
on December 28, 2011
My 6 year old daughter loves this game. She has a bunch of the Loopsy dolls and I think that they are junk, but the game at least seems to be fun. She's been playing it for a few hours at a clip since getting it for Christmas. I got this from Amazon for $15 plus free shipping and feel that it was worth the money for the play time that she's getting from it.
on January 14, 2015
Not as easy to do as I thought it should be. I'm in my thirties and I had a hard time cutting and sewing sometimes. You have to get it exactly right. I was hoping this would be good for my 4 year olds, but even my 6 year old had trouble with it. It's not terrible, with our help they can clunk their way through it, but it's frustrating and not much fun.
on December 4, 2012
I bought this for my daughter for reaching her goal of reading a set number of books. She doesn't get video games often, but when she does this is usually the one she chooses to play. She is 6, but she is on the autism spectrum and has some cognitive delays, so she acts like a very young 6 year old. But she's figured out how to play this game by herself and never needed my help to play. If you have a Lalaloopsy fan, this game is great.
on June 7, 2014
It's like the Cooking Mama series, where you are asked to craft and do other little tasks to create something. Great for hand-eye coordination and remembering instructions. Even if your child can't do any of the stuff, they can still enjoy walking around and tapping on things with the Lalaloopsy music playing in the background.
on September 11, 2014
I have no idea how a DS works, but my 4 & 6 year olds have this game totally figured out and enjoy it. They love Lalaloopsy, and one of the first games has them making pies and following instructions to add the items it tells them.
on February 19, 2014
I bought this for my granddaughter Katie and she absolutely loves it. Katie is 5 and to hear her talk I gave her the best gift ever. This came in record time - a big thank-you to the seller for great packaging and no perfume / smoke odor. Have a wonderful day and Jesus loves You, Joy
on March 11, 2014
My daughter likes it, however she has only played it once because she wants to play as a certain character which I don't know if you can play as or if you have to unlock it. But she's happy since it's lalaloopsy.