Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 27, 2014
Nothing inspires feminism in grown men like having a little girl. I'm so sick of princess stories where the main character has to wait around for a man to save her. As the proud daddy of a princess that's not only pretty but SMART and STRONG, the lack of woman-as-leader stories is astounding. Most cartoons are boy-only affairs which never bothered me as a little boy, but the fare offered up for girls is unimaginative and stereotype constrained.

As for this book, it's a remarkable tale of a woman known almost exclusively for her acting that did important things in a field dominated by men. My daughter can be anything she wants to and even though at six she wants to be a scientist, I hope to keep exposing her to more women that did extraordinary things. I found this book from the Facebook page, "A Mighty Girl."
on February 20, 2016
My 8 year old daughter had to do a report on a scientist and her library only had books on Benjamin Franklin, Benjamin Banneker, and the woman who invented paper bags. Not a wide or exciting selection. I'd heard that Heddy Lamarr invented the precursor to wiki so I went looking for a book. This is it. It was the perfect length for a quick read. She read it in the car on the way to Karate practice and again when we got home. She loved the graphic illustrations (I did, too) and the historical summary at the end. Not to mention the story, it's exciting, informative, and well written. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect fit for this assignment. I think the book is part of a series and I want to own them all. I hope I can find more so we can pass down the whole set to my son.
on February 28, 2015
Great book for kids. It summarizes the story of the "most beautiful actress in the world" who turned out to be smarter than her looks. Especially inspiring for young ladies. I bought it for my daughters, but it started me on a quest for more biographies about Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler, better known to the world as Hedy Lamarr.
on March 3, 2014
Nice color graphics, but only about 25 pages long , hardly worth the money, read it in about 5 minutes, looking for an in depth story, this is not it. would only recommend for kids up to elementary school only,
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 10, 2008
Very smart format.
My 8 yeats old son loved it. His fisrt introduction to Marvel type comic book, but very clever and informative. Great inspiration for girls too.
on October 5, 2013
It's basically a comic book and not a very thorough one at that. Other works explore the same subject in much more detail.
on August 5, 2014
It's exactly what I expected, and in excellent condition
on January 4, 2015
Very well down. It is almost like a comic book
on March 1, 2013
Poorly written and does not discuss the historical background taht existed in the 1930-s.

It is not a book an adult cartoon. Expensive too!