Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lamaze Clutch Cube
Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion

Color: Clutch Cube|Change
Price:$44.49

on August 24, 2008
This is a cute toy, but I'm a bit disappointed in the "interactiveness" of it. Granted, it is called a "clutch cube" because that's about all you can do with it --clutch it. I had mistakenly thought this was a cube that I saw on line made by Zolo toys. The Zolo toy cube has "lift up tabs" on EVERY FACE of the cube with interactive things, such a streamers, squeakers, pull things, mirrors, etc.... You should NOT get this toy if you are looking for an interactive toy. Instead, get the one by Zolo Toys. I thought every face of this cube had a "hidden thing" underneath, but it's only one side -- the mirror side. If you notice, that's the side that is advertised in the picture. Don't let it fool you -- that's just about it with the flaps. If your kid loves to "clutch things" then this is a good cube... but if your kid loves to actually interact with a toy, then this is not the toy for you.
on September 7, 2007
This is an excellent toy. My daughter has enjoyed it since she was 3 weeks old and still plays with it at 4 months. When she was younger, we hung it above her in a baby gym activity mat. She loved to swing at it. When she started to grab at things, she enjoyed gripping onto the soft handles and the hard handles with different textures. Now, she is starting to sit up and can play with the toy for around 20 minutes without getting bored. Her favorite side is the panda face with crinkly noises. We also lay her on a Boppy for tummy time and put this cube in front of her. She loves it. This is a great toy that an infant can enjoy for many months.
on December 26, 2007
This is by far my daughter's favorite toy. She's been playing with it since about the age of two months. She would just look at it and smile but now at 9 months, she still loves it and manipulates it in every way. The hook is great for hanging it on play gyms, strollers, or car seats. The "handles" on the corners are perfect for tiny hands to grasp. The two little rings on the handles make a pleasant soft clanking sound and make great teethers. The panda face makes the crinkly sound and if you lift it up there is a mirror underneathe for playing peek a boo. There is also a green apple scent on the underside of the panda face. I have heard other reviewers say it stinks, but I think it is pleasant and not too strong. It still has the scent after all this time. There is also a monkey face and some different patterns on the other sides of the cube. There is a satin like fabric and a flannel feeling fabric on some of the sides. So many different colors and textures to keep baby entertained for a long time. There is also a bell that rattles when you shake the cube or turn it.

Our daughter's favorite is the crinkly green-apple smelling panda face. This is the one toy we ALWAYS have when we are on the go. She will play with it in the car, it entertains her at restaraunts while we eat and is great fun at home too. It's roughly 6" cubed, so it can be a little big, but can still be crammed into the diaper bag.

Highly recommended!
on October 9, 2015
Both my kids loved these toys (we had two over the course of years) as babies.We dragged them everywhere, used them as rattles, teethers, comfort toys. I always buy it for my friends who are to become parents for the first time.
on August 22, 2013
I purchased this for my four month old grand nephew and it has become his favorite toy. He loves the crinkling sound of the flap as well as the mirror that is exposed when the flap is raised. With all of the loops and rings, it is easy for him to hold. Highly recommend.
on November 5, 2012
On its surface, this seems like a total perfect first toy: black and white, contrasting colors, mirror, rattling, crinkly...but it is kind of big for a baby or small child. I know it doesnt look it, but both of my kids had a hard time picking it up with their little hands and really getting to all of its features.
on February 22, 2012
When my baby was 4months old, she LOVED this toy. The crinkly arms, the cushiness of the cube, and THE RINGS. Oh, she LOVED the orange and blue rings. This toy entertained her everyday for a good couple of months. At 7 months old, I think she might have grown bored of it? I still think its a great toy, but I think some of the other Lamaze toys provide more variety of textures, colors rattles, and other discoveries.
Lamaze makes a very high quality soft toy. Like the others my grandson has been given, the Clutch Cube Baby Toy is very well made. The seams are securely sewn. The different fabrics offer differing tactile experiences to stimulate baby's sense of touch. The bright colors are visually stimulating. The hard rings are wonderful for gumming when baby's teeth are coming in. The hidden panel which opens to reveal a mirror provides the element of surprise to entertain baby.

My only criticism is that this cube is rather large and is hard for younger infants to handle. I question whether older infants who are large enough to handle this toy will find it interesting. For a six month old who is very interested, this toy is just too large to handle and Grandma ends up manipulating it to entertain baby.
on January 3, 2012
Like the other toy I purchased from Lamaze, this is high quality and very entertaining for my baby. The clip make it literally a snap to attach to her bouncer. I will be buying more from Lamaze. She loves these toys.
on January 10, 2013
I have a 7 month old and he's just starting to sit up. He enjoys holding and playing with this toy. I also plan to attach it to our stroller once we go for walks bc I think it will keep him entertained.

I read the reviews on it before buying and all seemed positive.

See 1 answered question