1,593 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Medela and Motherhood sleep bras
Published on July 6, 2011 by Chris B.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit
There really needs to be a sizing guide for this bra. I think it would have been okay if it fit. I'm a 38-40 B and the large was too tight. Just thought I'd put that out there for anyone looking to gage what size to buy.
Published on November 13, 2011 by MJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Medela and Motherhood sleep bras, July 6, 2011
Chris B. (Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Cotton Spandex Sleep Bra for Nursing and Maternity (Apparel)
I have now tried 3 different sleep nursing bras: Medela, Motherhood, and Lamaze. The Lamaze is definitely the best, both in quality and support. The Medela was made of thin fabric, ran very small, and had little support. It seemed more like a training bra than a nursing bra! The Motherhood wrap bra was cheaply constructed (also thin cotton fabric), and also not supportive at all. It was also loose and baggy in the straps, and not supportive enough to hold nursing pads in place. The Lamaze bra was the last bra that I tried, and it was exactly what I was looking for! It is comfy enough for sleep, but supportive enough to hold nursing pads in place. The 95% cotton 5% spandex blend gives it breathability, but enough shape to not be flimsy. One note, I agree with another reviewer that the black runs smaller than the white. The white seems true to size, while the black seems to run small. I suggest ordering a size up in the black.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sizing chart info, May 29, 2013
I have not actually tried this bra yet but I intend to. It looks very practical and comfortable. It seems one of the biggest challenges customers have had with this product is getting the sizing right. So I did a little research before ordering and found the sizing information for this bra on a different website and thought I would post it here to help take the guess work out of ordering. I will update my review once I've received and worn this bra...

Lamaze Cotton Spandex Nursing/Maternity "Sleep" Bra. Can be used while pregnant and after as a nursing bra. Very comfortable and will offer support while you sleep. Great for mid night nursing sessions.
S 34B, 34C
M 36C, 36D
L 38C, 38D
XL 40D, 42D
XXL 42-44DD

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this bra! Runs small though!, August 28, 2012
I took the other reviewers advice and ordered an XL despite being a size 38 D (a size L according to sizing chart). I'm so so glad I did. The band is tight but not uncomfortable.
Honestly I ordered this because my Mother is coming out and I don't want to get the "you don't wear a bra, your boobs are going to be hitting your knees" lecture. I'm a stay at home Mom that has her boobs out for nursing constantly. So much so that I haven't had any desire to be encumbered by having to let out the boobs every time my son wants to eat. Well this is the perfect solution. It's super comfortable, flattering, supportive, and so easy to "unleash the hounds" as it were. I'm not having the boobs falling out issue but I'm not sleeping in it so it works perfect for me. Hopefully I'll be able to order more in the near future!
Update: After having worn this for a few days I'm totally getting the boobs falling out issue . The bra goes on great but after wearing it cleaning, walking around, moving, etc. There was total excessive boobage. That being said I would choose having to tuck in the beasts once in awhile over having them pancaked to my ribs as it is with many of the other nursing bras. Next time I'll look for a similar design with wider boob coverage.
Update #2
So in desperation to make this bra work I actually sewed the bra together where it is opened for boob release from the band to right where the seams split to go to each shoulder. Now no more breast exposure and there's still plenty of stretch to open for feeds. Yes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Sleep Bra for Nursing, October 23, 2010
I was looking for a cotton sleep bra for nursing. After reading many of the negative reviews, I was hesitant to buy this bra but decided I would go ahead and try it anyway. I am so glad I did!

I am a size 38D and have not experienced any problems with being a larger size. I use the nursing pads with a sticky back which probably helps them stay in place. I can lay on my sides and the bra supports them well. The fabric is definitely of higher quality than other sleep bras.

I've worn the Medela and the Fancee Free sleep bras for nursing and this Lamaze is by far the best. The Medela fabric was too thin and had scratchy lace on the sides and the Fancee Free (similar in design to the Medela but again, better fabric) runs large in sizing.

I'm guessing this bra doesn't work with the shells (which I too use in the first few weeks of nursing) because it's not made to be used with them. I wear a more supportive bra at night until my milk levels off and there is no more need for the shells (usually about the third or fourth week).

I haven't washed it yet but another reviewer says it shrinks so I will probably just let it hang dry. Over all this is an extremely comfortable bra which makes it very easy to nurse in at night.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't fit, November 13, 2011
MJ (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not your answer to the perfect nursing bra, April 2, 2013
It's an okay fit until your milk comes in. I wake up with both breasts completely out of the bra, defeating the purpose of this. I'm a 40 D nursing (up from a 36C) so the XL should fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item., August 7, 2011
I found that I needed a sleep bra to keep all the stuff inside, whether it is breast pads against leakage or my "booby tubes" for cushioning or even the gel liners, this bra holds it in well. I usually order small in tops, but I got medium and it fits perfectly, I was a 34D before and now am more like a 34DD/E or 36E now. The rubber band at the bottom can leave a bit of indentation in the skin, but nothing too bad. Also, easy enough to breastfeed without taking it off, works well pulling it to the side, it stays and does not hurt to do that. Overall good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 8, 2011
This is perfect for what I wanted it for - a sleep/around the house bra. Fit is great, I did order a size bigger than what I would normally think I would be so it's not tight (Medium). Very soft, great fit for smaller bust (B/C) and would recommend over lalecheleague/medela/motherhood sleep bras which all had some itch to the bands. This does not and is also 2 layers which is nice and not quite so thin. Will be ordering more!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good bra at all!, August 28, 2012
This bra was not true to size. I even ordered a size bigger just to make sure it was comfortable. It was still too small. It also did not stay in place through out the night. Don't waste your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars stretchy and comfy, April 15, 2011
when I first got milk in, this was great because of the stretch. I was engorged, but this bra didn't feel uncomfortable to wear. I have also found that this is a great bra to wear under a button down shirt because it makes for quicker/easier access. I wish I had bought more like this.
I have a size L, and my normal bra size is 36B.