Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on November 13, 2012
It was given to me as a present and my 4 months old absolutely LOVED it. But soon I started to notice plastic fibers thinner than hair coming out of it (the stuffing I guess). It was very disappointing since I had read that lamaze is one of the few companies that have high quality products, non toxic, PVC free, lead free, etc. They should care also about what is inside the toys or use an exterior fabric with smaller pores!
11 comment17 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2011
I received this as a gift from a friend and my infant liked it so much I chose to buy it for my niece as well. It is a good, durable toy that has many different facets that engage children. My daughter loves the shiny, crinkly mermaid tail, while my neice loves the mermaid's floppy hair. The clip allowed me to attach it to my daughter's carseat, and my sister attached her's to an umbrella stroller. When it gets dirty I just throw it in the wash. Great toy!
on December 9, 2010
This is a great baby toy. My daughter loves the texture of the hair, which is strips of fabric. She also really loves the rattling star and the mirror tail. There is a crinkle patch too but I do wish it were bigger because she loves the crinkle sound on other Lamaze toys.
on January 19, 2012
I have received several Lamaze toys for my children in past years and decided to buy this one for my six month old's first Christmas. She loved it! I was also very happy to find it was easy for her to chew on the sea horse, and I was also very happy to find the the mermaid tale is a mirror which I could not tell from the picture. Amazon even got it to us earlier then predicted.
on May 2, 2014
I bought this for my 4 month old and she didn't like the hair because it is very stiff, I have purchased other lamaze toys and she likes them better than this one and I think it is because of the hair. Since mine came in the mail, the hair was not positioned right, it goes to one side and it won't go down. :(
on February 19, 2012
I bought this for my daughter when she was 5 weeks. She is 3 months now and it continues to be her favorite toy. She talks to it and is fascinated by it. We have several Lamaze products and all are well made. We will buy more products from them.
on August 30, 2011
I bought this doll for my 4 month old daughter. She is fascinated with the hair strands and crunchy tail fin fabric. It is also very cute and colorful.
on June 9, 2015
I'll be honest, I bought this for myself apparently :/ as I love the lamaze line of clip toys - i always love the vibrant colors.

It was probably our 4th Lamaze clip toy and my girls love mermaids so I bought this for baby. She was never interested in it. I think she chewed on the chewy green part a couple times but never played with the star rattle, taggies on tail or tried to find herself in the tail mirror.

I did eventually run this through the wash - because I believe anything fabric - used regularly - and certainly chewed on by a baby deserves to be jostled about in the washing machine - I could have hand washed, maybe I'm lazy or maybe I just figured since we don't use this much we can donate it but I want it clean first - if it can't hold up to the wash its probably not worth keeping.

Again, I think it is totally CUTE. But concept wise it didn't engage the 2 kids who it was intended for.

After the wash it "cracked" the mirror - which is just hard plastic lined with the mirror film.
on January 25, 2016
A fantastic Christmas gift from an Aunt! Our infant also enjoys the Lamaze peacock, the firefly and the giraffe. However, Marina the Mermaid is her favorite. Marina seems the most versitile of the similar Lamaze toys with a "mirror" (thin safety material with backing), a teething toy, starfish rattle, textured hair, clothing crinkle and ribbons attached near the mirror. Our infant has interacted with Marina and Jacque the Peacock the most, the giraffe is her 3rd favorite. She loves to chew on Marina's hair. I also investigated the Lamaze doll with hat from this line and found it did not compare with regard to the textures and activities on the single doll. We use extra toy clips to hang Marina from the car-seat headrest in front of our daughter when going on travels. That system keeps her from being dropped. Marina also works out great with Tiny Love Play mats and clipped to a stroller or for lap play with a parent of sibling.
on June 29, 2013
I LOVE Lamaze toys for young babies. I have Marina as wellcas a couple others for my baby. I started hanging Marina in front of my baby starting at 2 months. At first she just stared at the big eyes in front of her, then started lookin at the different colours like the bright orange hair or yellow sea star on her hand. The first toy my baby ever grabbed for was the little yellow sea star! Now at 4months old, we never leave the house wihout Marina. My baby holds Marina's hair which is a fun wavy felt material, as she sits, and plays with the star rattle. She has also just discovered the mirror on the mermaid's tail and loves looking at herself. She also puts the ring, meant to hang the toy from, in her mouth, as well as the green plastic seahorse. It has been amazing to see my daughter develop socmany skills with just this one toy! Definitely recommend for the baby girl in your life!