5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent baby toy
I bought this for my nephew who is 4 months old and is really starting to like grabbing and playing with toys. Covered in bright, captivating colors and a variety of fun textures, it is about 8 inches across, so it's not too large or overwhelming for the baby to maneuver around.

Published on November 26, 2010 by Elizabeth Blair

3.0 out of 5 stars Get the peacock
Published on February 29, 2012 by Penelope

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent baby toy, November 26, 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Early Development Toy, Sir Prance A Lot (Baby Product)

Sir Prance A Lot (the knight) has a squeaker inside his head and is covered in a soft, fuzzy blue and green polyester fabric. There is also a clip on top of his head so that the toy can be attached to a stroller or car seat. The horse is mostly covered in a shinier, more satin-like fabric. There are also ribbon "tags" for his mane and lining the edge of the "blanket" underneath his saddle. The crinkle material that my nephew loves so much is located in the hooves and under the saddle blanket, and there is a bell inside the horse's head. Two plastic rings make up the tail of Sir Prance A Lot's horse.

It arrived in a sealed plastic bag, so it was well protected from the rain and snow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, March 26, 2011
We got this for my son when he was 4 months old. He had a great time with it since there were so many things he could do with it. He chews on the rings a lot and now this is in the car to keep him busy while we're driving. He's 11 months now, and still enjoys it in the car.

3.0 out of 5 stars Get the peacock, February 29, 2012
I wanted to like this toy, but it's a little disappointing, and my 6 mo old agrees. It's big and squishy, but the only squeaker is in the knight, and it's really quiet and hard to squeak. The head has a big hard spot that makes a jingle when you shake it, the body just krinkles like the feet. There's not enough variety in this toy to be stimulating. It needs a big squeaker like in Jacque the Peacock. My baby LOVES that one, which has all that this toy has, and more: Contrast patterns on the back, with bright colors on the front, A good face with big eyes (The horse's eyes are one on each side), a good squeaker, and layers of reinforced krinkle for good chomping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, November 28, 2011
The Lamze toy line is excellent. My son is 3 months old and he has been playing with Sir Prance A Lot as well as the Peacock for over a month. The toys are bright, colorful, and the textures and sounds amuse him for 30 minutes at a time, mulitple times a day. He prefers the Lamaze toys to all of his others.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for babies, October 6, 2011
JKH (Richmond, VA United States) - See all my reviews
i have no comments that could take away from these Lamaze toys.
all of the different sensory points on this one is great - squeaker in the knight, crinkle & stripes in the hooves, jingle in the head, tags all over, and rings that clang together (and according to my baby are wonderful to chew on) make this such a useful developmental toy!
we also purchased Jacques the Peacock and Eddie the Elephant who i had hoped my baby would've enjoyed because they were all so cute but this horse was his favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamaze Early Development Toys Are FANTASTIC!, September 23, 2010
I first purchased the Lamaze Mortimer the Moose for my nephew. He absolutely loves Mortie, as we call him, so I ordered Sir Prance A-Lot to have at my house for him to play with. Like Mortie, Sir Prance A-Lot is visually stimulating with many different textures and patterns that my nephew enjoys. The tail rings are great for teething, though he does seem to like chewing on the feet of Sir Prance A-Lot. The squeak element in Sir Prance A-Lot's knight always draws his attention. And you can dangle Sir Prance A-Lot above him for long periods of time, the moving feet and the sound of the bell ringing seem endlessly fascinating to my nephew.

Because of my nephew's response to Mortie Moose and Sir Prance A-Lot toys my sister-in-law ordered the Lamaze Early Development Toy Olivia the Owl for my nephew to have at his grandparents house. Basically we love the Lamaze Early Development Toys and cannot recommend them enough. Every child should have at least one. Or three.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for baby girls and boys, June 7, 2011
My little girl stared at this hanging over her bassinet from when she was very small 2-3 months (or earlier) and now she loves to play with him and his crinkle sounding feet. This is a safe interesting baby toy for all the little ones. Has a "hook" to clip anywhere like car seat or crib. Great to take any where. She also likes the rings on his tail and "jingle" sounds he makes when she shakes him. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars My review may be tainted because of the packaging being so horrible...., September 9, 2013
It arrived in the mail after a VERY long wait. Once it finally arrived, I was so excited I opened it right up to find the toy shoved into the plastic evelope with NO tags on it or anything that would show it was new. Small pieces of stuffing/fibers were sticking out of it all over. It smelled like the plastic envelop it was shipped in and overall was very disappointing.

It was just not the quality I expected and feel I received on my other Lamaze toys (which we love - the Octopus and Peacock).

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a love story, June 29, 2012
My 3mo son has been in love with Sir Prance A Lot since he first laid eyes on it, a few weeks old.

Now that he's strong and agile enough to do so, he'll spend 10-15 minutes sitting peacefully, shaking the toy, licking it, eating the crinkly feet, sucking on the helmet feather. We love this toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite toy, April 14, 2012
My 6 month old grandson loves holding onto Sir Prance A Lot. The toy is bright, colorful, textured and the sounds amuse him. He is teething so this toy helps sooth his gums.

Lamaze Early Development Toy, Sir Prance A Lot