Most helpful positive review
19 of 20 people found the following review helpful
Very few complaints about this mobile!
on November 18, 2012
This thing is WONDERFUL! It's HUGE, well made, and my son LOVES it. He will sit under it and just coo and babble at it for a good 30 minutes. The best part? It doesn't even need to be on! The patterns and colors captivate him enough. When I turn it on, and the music plays, and the wings flap, he absolutely loses it! He doesn't stop smiling and kicking his legs and arms. We're both VERY, VERY, happy with this product!
The only things I don't like:
- You have to manually change the songs. While the songs are cute, and not as annoying as most other mobiles, I don't really want to listen to the same one for 15 or 30 minutes.
- There is no mute button. There are two volume levels; "soft" or "deafening". Okay, it's really not *that* loud, but it's pretty loud, and there's no way to turn it on the quieter setting first. It always plays the first song at the highest volume.
- The firefly, itself, doesn't spin. There's nothing that says it does, but it would be nice if it did. It just dangles from a hook on the arm and sometimes my son just needs that little extra movement to keep his attention. But, it's nothing a little manual spinning doesn't solve. It'd just be nice if it did it on it's own.
- The arm that hangs over the bed wiggles back and forth A LOT. While I'm sure it's not going to break off, I would feel better if it were a bit more steady.
- The wings are a little difficult to switch. My son is easily captivated by the different sides, but sometimes he favors one over the other. It's not that big of a deal, the joints are just a little snug (which wouldn't be a complaint if I didn't want to switch them :P)