Top critical review
52 of 59 people found this helpful
Warning Extremely Dangerous Avoid
on July 25, 2010
We have 9 month old twin girls who liked this mirror. Seemed like a safe toy but this morning I heard one of them coughing and when I investigated I found the stitching had come undone along the side, exposing wads of the extremely fine fibrous padding material used to line the side. My daughter had a large piece of this in her mouth, which had blocked her airway and she had started choking. Only by good fortune had I heard her coughing and was able to get the material out of her mouth, which revealed a matted string had extended into her throat, causing the choking response.
In my view this could have been a fatal incident. I believe this happened because of poor manufacturing standards. The padding material should have been encased in a protective sleeve, and the stitching on the hem of the mirror should have been of a much more robust nature. It's important to note that the toy had not been abused, and I would describe the usage as pretty low. Certainly far below the point the product would start to disintegrate.
This is clearly an extremely dangerous product, which should be recalled immediately. The build quality is utterly sub standard and it's only a matter of time before someone else's child comes to harm as a result of the shoddy design and construction.