Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on July 11, 2008
This is probably the best baby mirror I have seen. It's portable, light weight, and easy to clean. This is a two-in-one mirror. It can attach to the crib, which is where our's is primarily. Or you can keep it fastened to the wedge and baby can use it for entertainment during tummy time. What's great about this mirror is that it's just a mirror. Not a bunch of toys to distract from the real purpose of the mirror: for baby to see himself! Baby will also love it's bright colors and patterns that all Lamaze products are known for. What's nice about putting this mirror up in the crib is that you'll get a little more sleep. Our boy wakes up and goes straight for the mirror and plays by himself for a good half an hour to an hour. When our boy was a newborn he did not like tummy time until we placed this mirror in front of him. He thought it was hilarious that he could watch himself get close and far away from the mirror. Great product.
on July 25, 2010
We have 9 month old twin girls who liked this mirror. Seemed like a safe toy but this morning I heard one of them coughing and when I investigated I found the stitching had come undone along the side, exposing wads of the extremely fine fibrous padding material used to line the side. My daughter had a large piece of this in her mouth, which had blocked her airway and she had started choking. Only by good fortune had I heard her coughing and was able to get the material out of her mouth, which revealed a matted string had extended into her throat, causing the choking response.

In my view this could have been a fatal incident. I believe this happened because of poor manufacturing standards. The padding material should have been encased in a protective sleeve, and the stitching on the hem of the mirror should have been of a much more robust nature. It's important to note that the toy had not been abused, and I would describe the usage as pretty low. Certainly far below the point the product would start to disintegrate.

This is clearly an extremely dangerous product, which should be recalled immediately. The build quality is utterly sub standard and it's only a matter of time before someone else's child comes to harm as a result of the shoddy design and construction.
0Comment52 of 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2007
This mirror is awesome--you can attach it to anything- the crib, the car seat- or just leave it on the wedge and play with it on the floor. My 4 month old adores it and is enamored with her image in the mirror. Easy to clean and unbreakable. I love it!
on August 26, 2010
I read the recent reviews warning that the mirror is horribly distorted, but I thought perhaps people had unrealistic expectations for a safety mirror. I wish I had listened to the reviews because this product is bad, even for a safety mirror. The distortion is so severe that I can't look at it without hurting my eyes. The reason I gave this product two stars, rather than one, is that the design is cute and a wedge is a great idea for tummy time.
on August 24, 2010
I received the mirror with a purple frame after reading all the great reviews. The mirror is very distorted, just like another recent reviewer said. It looks like a fun house mirror and I can't stand looking at it. I don't want my baby looking at it either! I am emailing lamaze to see if they changed the design.
11 comment9 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2009
I really like this mirror. It's soft and bright, and can be used on the wedge it comes with for floor time, or can be removed from the wedge and velcro'd onto something else like a crib. My baby loves it and for a baby mirror, it's really good quality. The images aren't distorted.
on August 10, 2010
I am not sure if I've got a defective one or if it is supposed to be like this, but the mirror I've got is a seriously distorted mirror like one in children's museums.

My husband's first reaction was "hmm, our baby will think he has a really weird face,"
and I think he would think he doesn't have a face.

Bending or flattening the mirror doesn't help the problem.

FYI, it is a purple framed one.
on June 15, 2010
Aside from what everyone else has said about this product(simple yet versatile-can be removed from its base to hook onto a playmat or crib bars), I loved that the soft mirror can be removed from its pocket and turned over if it gets badly scratched. I have used this for both of my little ones and when I realized the mirror was easily removeable and two-sided I was excited that my second child could have a brand new scratch-free surface to look into. It now looks like new! This product is definitely worth the $.
on March 16, 2011
I really liked this mirror for a lot of reasons. First, it's pretty simple-there aren't tons of tons all over it-it's just a pretty basic child-safe mirror that does what it's supposed to do, allow my child to see his reflection. The fabric patterns are bold and colorful and seem easy to clean as well, which is good. I also like that it has 2 pieces; the mirror detaches from the plush triangular base to allow you to strap it to your crib or elsewhere, which is also handy. Though the item description does say "colors may vary," (and I was hoping they would) I did get the colors shown in the picture--mostly purple, which is fine I guess. Also, this is by far the best price I have found. The image may be slightly distorted at times (depending on how close/far away you are to it or if it gets bent) but I feel like that's typical for "child safe," thin, plastic mirrors, so for the safety of my child I am willing to see passed that.
on October 18, 2011
I read the reviews on this product and was aware that some had stated that the purple-framed mirror gave a distorted image. The trouble with that is you don't get a choice when ordering. You get what they give you. So I took my chances and I got the purple-framed mirror. The image is distorted. I was kind of hoping that the other reviewers were being just a little too picky, but nope. I will say that the image is clear from most angles, but as soon as you place a finger on the mirror it becomes distorted. This wouldn't be a problem except that most babies as they grow older like to touch their mirror image. The reason it becomes distorted (in my opinion) is because the mirror is a safety mirror. It's paper thin. The construction otherwise seems adequate, although I haven't taken it out of the box yet. I'm still deciding whether to return it or not. I like the idea that the mirror is removable so that you can place it in a crib or stroller or wherever. It just seems kind of expensive to pay for something that you're not completely happy with. The trouble is that it's hard to find a floor mirror for babies anywhere else!