5.0 out of 5 stars Lack of Words is What Makes it so Great!
Published 24 months ago by Katherine

Published on August 1, 2012 by Harwa Frank

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lack of Words is What Makes it so Great!, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Puppy Cloth Book (Baby Product)
I saw the one-star review of this book and HAD to write my own. Here's why. I have several of the Lamaze cloth books. Some have words, some don't. My 6-month-old LOVES these books! She isn't at all patient with the board books, but there's something about these cloth books that make her sit perfectly and listen to the whole story - that Mommy makes up. For some reason when I try to "read" a book with words, she gets a little bored. But when I make up stories for Mittens the Kitten and Peek-a-Boo Puppy she sits captivated and listens. These books, I don't know what it is about them but they deserve 5 stars for not only being made with baby-safe products but also getting my daughter's attention when other books don't. I highly recommend these books.

1.0 out of 5 stars There are no words in the book, not even a title on the book!, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Puppy Cloth Book (Baby Product)
My 10 month old and I have LOVED Peek A Boo Forest, so I thought Peek A Boo Puppy would be equally enjoyable. I was very disappointed to find that the book DOES NOT HAVE ANY WORDS on the book. Not even a TITLE or a BENEFITS OF THIS BOOK FOR YOUR CHILD on the back of it. It is literally a "picture" book, like the description says, but you'd think they would have even ONE WORD on the pages. But there was not a single word on the entire plush book.

The book is described as intended for 6 months old plus. Six months old and older are all about learning language, not just learning pictures. My 10 month old just looked at this book, flipped through the pages, and looked at me with a look on her face that said, "This book is broken."

I could never find this item in stores, so I never got an opportunity to see what the book was all about. So I thought I'd take a chance with amazon. I have sent a customer feedback message to Tomy Lamaze also. I will update on here if I receive a reply.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good kids learning book, June 26, 2013
Leeroy (Brighton, Victoria Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Puppy Cloth Book (Baby Product)
Just as it looks like in the pic! Matches the lamaze puppy (which we don't have) But my son loves the cloth books.
They have plenty of colour and is particularly hard wearing.

We like how it's washable if it gets dirty (or in our case, baby dribble)

3.0 out of 5 stars There are other cloth books that are better, November 16, 2013
This review is from: Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Puppy Cloth Book (Baby Product)
This book doesn't have any words. Its been interesting making up the story. I just don't like this as much as our other Lamaze cloth books (Peek-A-Boo Forest is the best one!)

3.0 out of 5 stars No Words!, August 24, 2013
This review is from: Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Puppy Cloth Book (Baby Product)
We purchased the Peek-A-Boo Forrest book before this one and it was a huge hit with our son. We wanted to expand the collection and decided to purchase this Peek-A-Boo Puppy book. We were extremely disappointed to find it had no story...it's just a cloth book of pictures, which is less exciting and engaging for our 9 month old son. My husband created a rhyme for the book, but still disappointing since he and I are the only ones that know the words so no one else can 'read' this one to him.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright Colors and Cute, April 20, 2013
This review is from: Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Puppy Cloth Book (Baby Product)
This fabric book is adorable the only thing that I would of wanted to see is words for the story to read it to our daughter but making up a storyline will do good too

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft and safe puppy book, July 10, 2014
This review is from: Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Puppy Cloth Book (Baby Product)
Cute and colorful and sure to be a hit with the baby. It has soft edges and is light and flexible and a great first book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Books, June 21, 2014
Troublebaker "Troublebaker" (Spanish Springs, NV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Puppy Cloth Book (Baby Product)
Every time I order something from Amazon (which is often) I try to add one of these cloth books to my order for my daughter. She absolutely loves them, they are interactive in many ways (touch, crinkly sounding pages, visually) and they holder her attention well. They are very short books and for good reason, but whether she is read 1 or 5 at a time she is very engaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Indestructable, May 25, 2014
This review is from: Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Puppy Cloth Book (Baby Product)
Excellent toy for a very young child. Attractive colors and strongly constructed. The eleven month old it was given to loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great colors!, May 6, 2014
This review is from: Lamaze Peek-A-Boo Puppy Cloth Book (Baby Product)
Cute graphics and great to use for baby. Not sure how I feel about no story line to read from. I was fine adding own dialogue but a few others struggle. I liked Peek-A-Boo Forest better.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›