1,158 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, portable toy!
Published on December 21, 2007 by vtbonita

3.0 out of 5 stars Freddie the Firefly vs. Tucker the Turtle for a newborn
Published on July 2, 2009 by VP

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, portable toy!, December 21, 2007
vtbonita (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Play and Grow, Freddie the Firefly (Toy)
This is one of my son's favorite toys. He first started paying attention to it at about 2 months, mostly because of the bright colors, I think. He's now nearly 5 months old, and he enjoys grasping it so it crinkles, chewing on the attached bug and rings, a and looking at himself in the mirrored wing. The toy is small enough to take in the diaper bag, and the included clip is really handy with the infant seat and stroller. This is a great toy for infants, and you can really see changes in the way they play with it as their motor skills develop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Freddie - A Great Baby Toy, November 7, 2007
This review is from: Lamaze Play and Grow, Freddie the Firefly (Toy)
Freddie became my baby's favorite toy when he was about 2 months, now he is 6 and he still LOVES this "fly" (as we call Freddie). It is great for touching and feeling, chewing and playing all sorts of games. It is easy to hook on to anything, stroller, bouncer, high chair or car seat and I washed it with soap and water and it looks great. One of our best "investments".

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BABY GIFT....EVER!, May 7, 2012
This review is from: Lamaze Play and Grow, Freddie the Firefly (Toy)
We received Freddie as a baby gift. At first I kinda thought he was just a cute, but tacky useless stuffed animal. Boy was I WRONG! My son (who is now 4 months old) has been obsessed with him for months now. When he was tiny he loved to just stare at him. Freddie's back is done in big white and black print which dear son could stare at forever. When he started holding things it was easy for him to hold because Freddie has big, but flat wings and it was hard for him to drop him. Now he loves hearing Freddie crinkle, looking at the mirror, chewing on the lady bug in his pocket, and grabbing his rings. Freddie does have a small squeaker that isn't too annoying and is semi hidden so only my husband and I push it when wanted. It'll be a little bit before the baby can grasp squeaking it on purpose. And even then it's not loud and obnoxious like lots of baby toys.
Freddie is by far our favorite baby item. We've accidentally left him at home once and that was a BIG.MISTAKE. This toy is now my "go-to baby shower gift" for all moms. He's FANTASTIC.

3.0 out of 5 stars Freddie the Firefly vs. Tucker the Turtle for a newborn, July 2, 2009
VP (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Play and Grow, Freddie the Firefly (Toy)
I have both the firefly and the turtle. Both have pros and cons. I prefer the turtle because of the large mirror on his belly. My newborn has been fascinated with this since she was a month old. The firefly mirror on the wing is too small to interest her even though she is now 3 months old. However, the tangling teether from the firefly should come in handy in another month or two. If you were to buy only one Lamaze for a newborn, I recommend the turtle for its nice size mirror.

5.0 out of 5 stars Years of use!!!, July 10, 2013
This review is from: Lamaze Play and Grow, Freddie the Firefly (Toy)
Freddie is one of the best investments that I have made in toys. We have several Lamaze toys. Spike the dinosaur was the first toy that my first child ever picked out on her own over six years ago, and we love all of their toys, but Freddie has it all. My 9-week old son loves to watch him dangle from his car seat or toy bar. My 19-month old daughter loves the crinkly noise and all of the textures to explore, and even my six-year old daughter loves this toy. We live in the South, and fire fly hunting is part of our summer-time routine. Thanks to this toy, we can do indoor firefly hunting. When it's rainy outside we take turns hiding and seeking this firefly just like an Easter egg hunt. Tonight my daughter told me that she likes indoor firefly hunting better than outdoor firefly hunting. This really is a great toy for the whole family. You'll get years of use out of this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves this toy, March 18, 2009
This review is from: Lamaze Play and Grow, Freddie the Firefly (Toy)
My son is 5 months old and loves this toy. It makes crinkling noises when he grabs it. It also has a teether and a great quality mirror on one of its wings. I hang this toy from his swing and car seat. He enjoys grabbing it and chewing on it. My only concern about this product is that I am not sure if it is BPA free. I emailed the company and haven't heard back yet. If the Lamaze line of toys is BPA free, I will definitely be buying more.

12/25/09: I heard back from the company. They assured me the product is BPA free.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but..., July 20, 2008
This review is from: Lamaze Play and Grow, Freddie the Firefly (Toy)
My 5 month old son loves this but with a week or so the red thing that hangs down came loose and could have choked him to death. Other than that, good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars couldn't believe my daughter would love this dumb toy, May 10, 2012
This review is from: Lamaze Play and Grow, Freddie the Firefly (Toy)
We got this as a gift and I just set it aside thinking my daughter wouldn't like it since it's so bulky. At about 3 months she started to grab thing and I thought for sure she wasn't ready for this toy since her hands are so small. Lo and behold she started playing with it and she loves it. She likes to grab on to those two rings on the bottom and bite on that plastic hanging red lady bug thing. She also likes the sound of the wings that makes a crinkly crunch noise. It's also great because it has the hook on top so you can put it on the carseat or any jungle gym.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but not made well, February 25, 2009
Rebekah "Bekah" (IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Play and Grow, Freddie the Firefly (Toy)
It is a fun toy but the head started coming off within only a week of owning. I had to sew it back on and so far it has been fine. My 6 month old enjoys chewing on this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best take along toy., July 26, 2013
This review is from: Lamaze Play and Grow, Freddie the Firefly (Toy)
I absolutely love Freddie, and so does my daughter. I received this and 5-6 other similar ones (some Lamaze and some by other brands) but this one is the best. I introduced it at about 6 weeks by showing her the black and white side and letting her feel the different textures. Then she liked grabbing and exploring it while laying down in her gym. By 4 months, we hung it on her car seat and it has been there for 3 months. She has not gotten tired of it. She loved the squeaker for a while, but once teething hit she loves the plastic bug that hangs down. It really appears to be well made and with thought, as the parts are great sizes and locations for tiny hands.

I do have to say that this is a go-to gift for me for baby showers. However, it has to be Freddie. If you compare him and Fifi in store, Fifi is a bit smaller and seems to be a step down from Freddie.

Lamaze Play and Grow, Freddie the Firefly