5.0 out of 5 stars Baby's Best Friend
Jacques is one of Lamaze's best offerings! The peacock is light enough - and the feather panels thin enough - for little hands to grab, tug and pick up without easily dropping. The feather panels also provide several chewable surfaces for little ones who love to put everything in their mouth.

The shape of this toy also makes it easy to tuck into a car seat...
Published on July 2, 2007 by Susie G. Everett

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as easy to grab
We have both the Lamaze Jacques the Peacock and the Lamaze Freddie the Firefly. The baby instantly took to the firefly absolutely loving it from 3 months to 6 months. The peacock was much harder for him to hang on to and despite being similar in style was ignored. If I had a choice I would go for the firefly instead... Lamaze Freddie the Firefly
Published on November 22, 2009 by Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby's Best Friend, July 2, 2007
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Jacques the Peacock Take Along Toy (Baby Product)

The shape of this toy also makes it easy to tuck into a car seat. While a lot of toys seem to fall out of the car seat once baby starts playing with them, the flatness of the feather panels and the flat bottom of the peacock body seem to help this toy stay in the seat. Also, the feather panels are easy for baby to reach out for an edge, grab and pull back into reach.

For these reasons, we made our peacock a "car only" toy so that our little one, who was not fond of car travel at 4 months, would have something he liked in the car. This toy was an immediate favorite even before our little one really became interested in these types of toys.

The back of the peacock feathers have different black and white panels which makes the toy interesting even when the toys happens to be upside down. The cute face and large eyes appealed to our little guy and were worthy of cues and smiles - a friend indeed. I could not be happier with this toy. Our favorite Lamaze character!

5.0 out of 5 stars Insanity, January 31, 2010
M. Lyon (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
I've never written a review for any baby toys before, but I'm going to make an exception for Jacques. We call him Pierre the Peacock, because alliteration is more fun than consonance, but I digress.

As far as our 5-month-old is concerned, Jacques is the greatest thing that has ever existed. Our son goes absolutely insane at the mere sight of Jacques. Even a month ago, when he was not such a grabby baby, he wanted to touch all parts of Jacques simultaneously. With great intensity, he wants to stare at Jacques and never look away; he wants to squeak and scream and laugh at Jacques as loud as he can. His love for Jacques is metaphysical.

In fact, if it was possible to be a little too excited by a toy, Jacques might potentially fit that bill. Sometimes our son is overwhelmed by his excitement for Jacques. Jacques is baby cocaine.

Our only complaint is that we wish Jacques was machine-washable. He fell on the garage floor and got very dirty, and now our son spends his days in a deep, Jacques-less, existential depression. C'est la vie...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamaze makes great toys, May 17, 2007
Around 10 weeks, my baby finally started noticing the Lamaze toys we had around the house - we had the Emily doll first - and now that is her ultimate favorite toy. I just purchased Jacques for her, and she loves him too. The back of the toy is patterns of black and white fabric, and has the crinkly sound babies seem to love. Each of the "feathers" has a different interest point - a squeaker, a soft bulb, a mirror, and satin touch ribbons. This is a really great deal, too - Babies R Us sells the same toy for $12.99 as of today.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as easy to grab, November 22, 2009

2.0 out of 5 stars Jacques Peacock, February 6, 2011
This is such a well designed toy. Our 4 month old loves it. He can easily grasp the loop handle. The vibrant colors catch his eye and each time I bring it to him he smiles. The wings make a nice crunch crunch sound. There are many things on Jacques that stimulate baby's senses. My only concern is he muches on the wings and the loop. Not sure if the loop is BPA and phthalates free. Otherwise, a very well designed toy to stimulate your child's senses.

**Update** I still love the vibrant colors and crinkly feel of this toy. However, I did some research about its safety b/c I was concerned that our son kept putting all parts of it into his mouth and sucking on it. I was disturbed to find out on the goodguide.com that the product contains antimony. According to Wikipedia, "antimony and many of its compounds are toxic, and the effects of antimony poisoning are similar to arsenic poisoning. Inhalation of antimony dust is harmful and in certain cases may be fatal; in small doses, antimony causes headaches, dizziness, and depression."

This is the link to the goodguide.com's review. They sometimes do in-house testing but also have a third party do chemical testing on the products that they review.

[...]

I called learningcurve to ask them them what they thought about this and whether the product contained antimony and the customer representative just named off a list of what the product was made of. I asked her about the goodguide review and she said that she can't say what they put on the product when it was tested or how they tested. She said the company meets all industry and federal standards and the product is safe.

I don't know who to believe. So, when in doubt, I must say goodbye to Jacques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy!, November 4, 2007
Robia G. Pautler (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
We saw this in Babies-R-Us and our little baby couldn't stop laughing when she saw it. I think it's the combination of the BIG EYES, the squeaker in one of the wings, the mirror in another wing, the krinkly sounds and the bright colors.

The hook on top is useful for hanging from the carseat or from the swing -- however, if you are just trying to make Jacque dance for your baby, the hook kind of gets in the way but that is a minor note.

Overall, I highly recommend Jacque -- she has not tired of him yet and everytime she sees good ol' Jacque, her face lights up and she babbles at him.

2.0 out of 5 stars not a hit with a 6 m/o, October 29, 2008
We bought this for our 6-months-old son. It's not a hit. The problem is that the tail consists of very hard and large pieces that barely bend. The kid has a hard time grabbing the toy and cannot really manipulate with any elements. Nothing here can be stretched, squeezed, rolled, pulled -- unlike, say, those long legs or necks or tails in other similar toys. Our son can't even stick any part of this toy in his mouth! So, he understandably doesn't want to play with it. The peacock looks pretty, but you don't really want to touch it. Our kid loves the elefant, the giraffe, and the monkey made by Tiny Love.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it more than my baby, July 9, 2007
When I first saw this peacock, I thought my baby would love its colors and textures (she has a similar toy, a firefly that she loves). Well, it turns out that she grabs and looks at it for a short while and then turns it down in favor of other things... I am still surprised she is not interested... but I still like it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Our lad's favorite!, November 26, 2007
I bought this toy on a whim for our little guy when he was about 10 weeks old, and it has been his favorite toy ever since. Whether he's chewing on Jacqes many wings, scrunching them to hear the crinkly noises, or just manipulating the many surfaces, he really keeps himself entertained! It's great to see such a wonderful toy, especially at this price. He's now almost 8 months old and he still loves it, although now that he's starting to appreciate things that make noise when he shakes them, other toys compete for his interest.

3.0 out of 5 stars 4 month grandson, December 22, 2009
This toy has too many stiff / hard edges for my 4 month-old grandson. He is quite strong and swings his toy-filled hands hard and fast. He cried when hit by a much smaller 5 month-old who accidently swung her hand and hit him in the face, so he would hurt himself with this toy. Although it has a lot of colors and designs, it does not have any animation to entertain him. It does not have a very loud rattle, the tags are too small, the feather sections have stiff/hard inserts and not much area to grab. He needs no help with focusing and loses interests if he does not see the activity in the room or car; this toy must be for newborns, not 4 months and up.

Rate and Discover Movies