Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on November 23, 2010
I have twins and got them the my friend Emily and this one. Both of them were more attracted to this one. They really really loved it since they were 3 month old... The first thing that attracted them was the crinkly sound of the skirt and the black and white lining underneath it. Now that they are teething every part of Sophie gets chewed on and there is a lot of variety with the ring, the hair, her crown, the link, feet... The BIG downside: Like all Lamaze gym toys Sophie is surface wash only. I like to wash toys before giving them to my babies and even though I skipped it on this one, by now especially with all the chewing it is time for Sophie to take a bath. I will try gentle and cold but expect the ring to break since this seems to be the only low quality part of Sophie. So in the end it is a great toy if you would ask my girls but because it's not a keeper i only give 3 stars. A BABY TOY HAS TO BE WASHABLE from my point of view.
22 comments9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2011
Princess Sophie was gifted to my daughter when she was almost 2 months old, and she took to her immediately. The crunchy skirt, the bright, varying colors--all great. She likes to chew on the ring and jewels Sophie is carrying, but often just likes to chew on the ring the doll hangs from! :) I haven't tried washing her, though I probably should... she's definitely been eaten and drooled on plenty.

Overall a great toy. Would love if she were easier for my daughter to grab, but that's about the only small issue I have.
review image
on January 14, 2014
Excellent 1st doll-- bought one for my 1st grand niece, she loved it--1st item grabbed for--bought another for the 2nd grand niece-she to just loves it . The krinkle noise, the different shapes in black and white , the colorful skirt, the great chew on ring to chew or hold on to. The feet are just the right size to have a soft chew area. It even clips on the stroller or car seat--never lost.
Would definitely recommend to anyone.
on May 15, 2012
I bought this dolly for my 4 month old granddaughter because she liked the crinkle sound the skirt material made. She fell in love with Sophie! So much so I bought a second one to keep at daycare. She goes nowhere without Sophie and every picture includes her new friend!
on March 31, 2010
This doll is absolutely adorable. My daughter who is 11 months has never been interested in it though. She tends to like musical toys. Maybe when she is older she will play pretend with it.
on December 10, 2013
My 4month old granddaughter loves it! I initially showed it to her right out of the delivery box. She was fascinated with the face and the sound of the crinkly skirt. I took it away to remove the cardboard packaging and she immediately started crying. Once I gave it to her minus the packaging, she stopped crying and was again fascinated with it. There are many aspects of this toy to keep her busy, she loves the skirt, the ring with shapes and she fingers the dolls hair.
on December 2, 2011
I saw this in a local store and my daughter loved it, so I jumped on Amazon and purchased it. She loves the crinkly skirt and the beads the doll holds. However, she does get bored of it easily. I think this is more a result of her being 6 months old and wanting to explore more as opposed to sitting and playing with one item. I think it would be better for smaller babies. It's a great product though, bright colors and well made.
on October 26, 2011
I purchased this toy for my grandchild who will be born soon. The parents decided to name her Sophie, so of course the Lamaze Princess Sophie was a must-have. The skirt crinkles when you touch it and this is a sound that my other grandchildren have found to be very interesting and captures their attention. Sophie has bright eyes that will definitely be an attraction to very young babies and the clip to attach to car seat, baby carriers, etc. is perfect.
on December 28, 2012
I received this about 10 months ago as a baby shower gift and my daughter loved the crinkly dress but within a couple of months that ring holding the 3 beads broke. For a while it wasn't a big deal because she couldn't get the beads off but she has since figured it out and I found her trying to shove one in her mouth. Needless to say this toy has been thrown away. Be cautious.
on April 25, 2012
I bought this to attach to my daughter's shopping cart cover (along with some other toys) to keep her busy while we were out & about. It is ADORABLE! It makes "crunchy/crinkly" type sounds, which my daughter loves. It also looks like my daughter so that makes me love it even more!