4.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, but cute and has held up well

2.0 out of 5 stars Cutest hamper but dangerous for toddlers
Published on October 9, 2010 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Cutest hamper but dangerous for toddlers, October 9, 2010
This review is from: Lambs and Ivy Enchanted Forest Hamper, Green (Baby Product)
This hamper is so soft and cute, and the colors are much nicer in person! It's big enough to hold more baby laundry than you'll probably ever have to wash at once, and has a cloth flap on top so that the clothing inside isn't visible. This would work in a boy's or girl's room. However, after looking more closely at the hamper, I've noticed that the unfinished wood frame is full of "peeling" cracks and splinters. Some of the pieces of wood sticking out would definitely give a child a splinter big enough for a hospital visit to get the whole thing removed. It's definitely cute in my baby's room, but I will for sure be sanding the wood before he is old enough to get his hands anywhere near it! For the price of this hamper, I would not have purchased it knowing that I would have to sand it myself or risk injury to my child.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its just ok..., October 30, 2011
We got the entire set and this hamper showed up yesturday. It came broken with the screw out of the leg and loose in the box. The legs are cheap unfinished wood. The cloth hamper is lined with a netting that is so thin that the loops that hold it up are mesh as well and any weight at all would destroy it. I think it is more for looks. I was surprised because it got great reviews. Disappointed in the quality but since it matches the theme we plan on keeping it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy, but cute and has held up well, May 3, 2013
I was originally disappointed by the quality when I opened the box. Cheap stick legs to support the cloth bag, and an interior lining I was sure would just break with light use. But we've had this and used it for several months now, and it normally gets over half-full before it's emptied for cleaning. It is holding up well, and I don't see there being a problem for us having this around through until our next child has grown past its use. It's expensive for the quality you receive, but it matches the set and at least holds up over time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for heavy duty use, April 10, 2013
Definately not the most quality made item. But very eye appealing. Will see how it looks in a few months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute but fragile, January 24, 2013
It matches the Lambs and Ivy Enchancted Forest perfectly. Only concern is the sturdiness of the hamper. We're afraid our son will destroy it by the time he's able too.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, July 2, 2014
Holds a TON of baby clothes!! Matches bedding perfect! A little cheaply made so probably couldn't be rough with it but overall very happy with the purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprising!, May 26, 2014
S. Preston (Denver, CO USA) - See all my reviews
My son's bedroom theme was the Lambs and Ivy Enchanted Forest. I received the hamper prior to his birth - more than 4 years ago. Despite the comments I see here, I can vouch that the hamper I had was remarkably sturdy. The mesh bag has held up for the entire 4 years we've had it - being hauled up and down stairs, partially filled and way overstuffed, being tossed on the floor of the laundry room and walked on. Same goes for the frame; it's been carried around our house more than once, and has never given any indication of wearing out or being close to breaking. Now that my son has opinions of his own on his bedroom decor, we will be retiring this hamper, but I can definitely say that it has more than done its duty here!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, March 16, 2014
It matches perfectly!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so exited for my baby boy to be in his new room

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable hamper, November 16, 2013
We've owned this hamper for over three years now, and it is holding up well. The color is true to the photos, and the fabric is very soft. The mesh bag inside has held up well to washing. I usually loop the handles around the wood dowels a few times a few times to shorten the bag, to keep it from touching the outer cover in the event anything I put in it is wet.

I would highly recommend this hamper.

5.0 out of 5 stars very cute, September 21, 2013
I really like the hamper. It is worth the price to go with the cute bedding. Perfect for our little boys room.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›