5.0 out of 5 stars The oil of choice for our oil lamps and lanterns
Published 23 months ago by Jeri

1.0 out of 5 stars This product may cause cancer
I just purchased and read the 5 star reviews,the warning on the back of this bottle says it may cause cancer when burning,am i missing something here?
Published 18 months ago by Jay

5.0 out of 5 stars The oil of choice for our oil lamps and lanterns, November 17, 2012
This review is from: Lamplight 60009 Clear Ultra-pure Lamp Oil, 32-Ounce (Kitchen)
I believe in "standardizing" what we keep in our home to minimize clutter and maximize convenience. In that light (pun intended) when I bought our Oil Lamps for both indoors and outdoors I made sure they used the same wicks and lamp oil so I did not have to buy numerous different products. This oil is the ideal solution for the Lamplight line of indoor oil lamps and outdoor oil lanterns. I also add a few drops of essential oil for a subtle refreshing scent.

I keep oil lamps in each of our bathrooms displayed as a decoration where they are *always* ready to go during a power outage which we seem to experience a few times a year. Decorative yet Functional, what more could I ask? I also keep a torch lighter handy in a nearby drawer to reduce fumbling around in the dark.

The lamps also serve to set the scene during fall and winter holiday gatherings as well as romantic times. Very functional indeed ;-) I add a couple drops of pure essential oils to the lamp oil as a soft refreshing scent diffuser since I refuse to use chemical based air fresheners in my home.

The oil lamps we have tried and used and really like include:
My Favorite - we use these in bathrooms Lamplight Farms 22300 Classic Oil Lamp Frosted Base
I use these in bedrooms Lamplight 110 Chamber Lamp
We hang these outside under awnings Lamplight 52664 Farmer's Lantern, Black

Be sure to get extra wicks, as well!
Lamplight 9995 Flat Oil Lamp Wick, 5/8-Inch, 3-Pack

I recommend using Lamplight 60009 Clear Ultra-pure Lamp Oil, 32-Ounce to which I add a few drops of my favorite essential oil for delicate scent without chemicals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, February 6, 2012
I was very pleasantly surprised with this lamp oil. Every other oil that I have used put out a lot of soot, and some parts of my wall have been ruined because of it. This oil puts out NO soot, and it gives a beautiful flame as well. I will never buy any other kind of lamp oil.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 14, 2012
Got it on time. Works great bought it for a rock candle. Does not have that smell so its wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamplight 60009 non smoking oil, April 10, 2012
Questful (Escondido, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
Lamplight 60009 truly delivers a non smoking oil as promised.
Would love to see this come in a larger size for our weekly church use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, July 21, 2013
This is an item you have to be careful with. We use this all the time and we need to make sure they are truly clean burning and this one is. Some are smokeless but have a strange sweet smell when you burn them. The others are marked indoor/outdoor use, but they do smoke. This is the only one I suggest for indoor use. Free shipping and always available here, not always available in the store.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more smelly oil lamps., December 4, 2011
was really pleased with my purchase and how quickly it arrived. Since learning of liquid parafin, I no longer have a smelly house filled with petrol fumes. This burns cleanly with no smoking and no odor. The only way to go and a lot cheaper than buying endless candles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Um, this is not a toy., May 26, 2011
J. Fenner (Cleveland, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
Well, to start, I have no idea why this product is listed as a toy. I ordered several bottles of this lamp oil. Sometimes, it's just hard to find it locally. All the stores seem to carry it seasonally. When you find that you need some more, suddenly you can't find anyone with it in stock any longer. The quality of the oil is great. The bottles shipped quickly with no damage at all. I highly suggest you place your "stock up" order with this company. Oh yea, and can this product get removed from the "toy" category?

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean burning oil, December 7, 2012
evilsushipirate (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
There is a world of difference between cheap colored oil you buy in discount stores and clear pure buring lamp oil. This product was priced right and they provided a fair amount for the price. We burn lamp oil on board our boat at times since it gives off a warm light. The last thing I want to be doing is cleaning soot off the salon ceiling and cleaning the lamps that burn the oil. Save yourself the headache and start with clean oil, then continue using it. I have seen some very over priced oil and at first tried those products. Since using this brand, I have no reason to change. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars great oil -- works as promised, November 20, 2012
No smells no smoke when burning. Low odor. I like this product. Probably too pricey if you are a heavy user of oil lamps. But for the occasional use during a power outage, etc., I wouldn't use anything else.

1.0 out of 5 stars This product may cause cancer, April 12, 2013