4.0 out of 5 stars Nice starter, some small gripes
This is my first and only fountain pen, and I'm very satisfied with the writing dynamics and converter system. The stainless body is confidence inspiring for daily carry and use, with no paint or anodizing to scratch. I do have two small gripes worth mentioning.

Published on July 16, 2010 by SandalledMechanic

Published 16 months ago by Juli Mallett

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice starter, some small gripes, July 16, 2010
This review is from: Lamy Logo Stainless Steel Fountain Pen (Office Product)

1) The trim on the end of the pen is chrome plated plastic. The chrome on mine peeled off after a couple of months of use, and is now a translucent plastic with small spots of persistent chrome remaining.

2) The barrel of the pen is very thin steel and isn't difficult to dent. The brass threaded insert might be somewhat susceptible to cross threading and has a tendency to come unscrewed in my pocket.

Most of my issues come from carrying it alongside keys. Despite the cosmetic flaws, it continues to accompany me nearly everywhere I go, and it's the only pen I'll write anything important with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, little, cute, convenient, and a nice-flowing pen, May 2, 2012
This review is from: Lamy Logo Stainless Steel Fountain Pen (Office Product)
I have to give it a '5' because it's just exactly what I wanted and the price is quite reasonable. Another reviewer pointed out this is not a tremendously sturdy device, nor does it have much heft. It's quite light weight. Also I would add on the minus side that, uncapped, in my more or less average size male hand it's just a little short for perfect comfort, and when capped, it is plenty long but the weight is a little bit unbalanced towards the cap end. So why am I giving it 5 stars? Because it's so reasonably priced and writes so well for an inexpensive device, that I could not be happier with it. It writes very smoothly, and it's really fun. The pocket clip is also hinged and sprung, rather than just relying the clip bending to hold it shut. If this one gets run over by a tank, as happened to the other reviewer, I will feel I got its true value and wouldn't hesitate to buy another one. The 'fine' nib is also just to my liking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Remarkably-unremarkable, and a bit of a disappointment from Lamy, December 11, 2012
This review is from: Lamy Logo Stainless Steel Fountain Pen (Office Product)
I've owned a lot of Lamy pens, and this is by far the one that feels roughest and flimsiest. The steel is implausibly-thin, and it's not brushed smooth but with a relatively-unpleasant surface that feels more like coarsely-ground with grooves. It's very light, lighter than some plastic Lamy products. It actually doesn't look as nice in person as it does in a small picture, I'd strongly suggest sticking to other models if you want something that feels nice and hefty. If you want something that feels a little delicate but is still well-made, this is probably a very nice pen, but that has never been where my tastes lie, so I can't say for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars This has rapidly replaced all my other pens, February 16, 2014
This review is from: Lamy Logo Stainless Steel Fountain Pen (Office Product)
I have loved Lamy fountain pens since i lived in Heidelberg Germany. This pen replaces one that I bought 30 years ago and lost on a trip recently. I love it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality Not What I Expected from Lamy, February 5, 2014
This review is from: Lamy Logo Stainless Steel Fountain Pen (Office Product)
I have a Lamy Studio ball point, Lamy Studio roller ball and a Lamy Studio fountain pen. All three pens are wonderful writing instruments. The Lamy Logo is not very good in comparison. The brushed finish is coarse and not attractive. You can feel the coarseness of the finish when writing with it. On the upside, the finish may help people have a better grip.

The end cap of the pen was made with disappointing quality and finally, the medium nib felt scratchy -- lots of friction even with quality ink (Iroshizuku).

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Lamy Pen, January 26, 2014
This review is from: Lamy Logo Stainless Steel Fountain Pen (Office Product)
I like fountain pens and I've had a Lamy Safari forever now. But I really like the Logo because it's so much slimmer, and still writes incredibly well.
I would recommend this pen to anyone looking for an inexpensive fountain pen.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice, August 31, 2009
This review is from: Lamy Logo Stainless Steel Fountain Pen (Office Product)
What a great pen! Classy and understated, writes great, reasonably priced, very durable. I ended up buying two of them because the first one got run over by a tank. (no, really.) Best purchased with the Z26 converter and a bottle of your favorite ink.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamy Logo Stainless, January 1, 2014
This review is from: Lamy Logo Stainless Steel Fountain Pen (Office Product)
I've had a Lamy pen in the past, but this one is exceptional. It's sleek, masculine and writing is much easier. I'd recommend this pen to anyone who likes using a fountain pen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pen - Perfect Daily Driver, December 4, 2013
This review is from: Lamy Logo Stainless Steel Fountain Pen (Office Product)
I've had quite a few fountain pens ranging from a $20 Parker Vector to an $85 Lamy Studio. This was my second Lamy, and it was intended to be my daily driver at work (I love my Studio but it's a bit to expensive and nice to toss around at the office). The pen is light, which gives the impression it's built poorly, but it's surprisingly durable and puts up with daily abuse quite well. The brushed finish on the barrel, grip and cap are elegant looking and pleasant to the touch - the grip in particular is excellent. It's comfortable to hold for prolonged periods and the texture makes it easy to get a good register on the pen (in contrast to the Studio, on which the polished grip section gets a bit slippery). I also like the spring-loaded clip, which allows me to carry the pen on anything from a pocket to a thick wire spiral binding on a notebook. My only concern is that the end piece on which you post the cap is made of a silver-plated plastic, the sort that usually flakes off with some wear. Fortunately, after a few months of user, the finish on mine seems to be holding up just fine. I still wish it were made of metal.

As for the writing experience, there's not much to say. I prefer Lamy's EF nibs so I replaced the stock F nib on this pen right away - I can't say how well it wrote because I never used it. That said, the EF replacement nib went on without issue, and like most Lamy nibs, writes smoothly (for an EF) and reliably. I use the pen with the Z26 converter and Aurora ink.

Overall, this is a fantastic, reliable, relatively inexpensive pen which performs flawlessly, and surprisingly I get quite a few compliments on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Graduation Gift, July 12, 2013
This review is from: Lamy Logo Stainless Steel Fountain Pen (Office Product)
I was looking for a nice pen for a graduate and found this high quality, stylish pen. The graduate was thrilled and anxious to use it on those important documents she'll be signing.

ARRAY(0xa75976f0)