Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 16, 2013
This is a great "bomber-style" jacket at the price.

First - the so-called bomber jacket was introduced for American fliers in the early 1930's. They had some distinctive features and were treasured items for those who received them. Apparently, original bomber jackets in good condition can cost upwards of $1000 today.

Second - when you buy this jacket, it is important that you understand what you are getting (and not getting) so you will not be disappointed.

What it is NOT - this is not an original, authentic US Airforce A2 bomber jacket. It is not correct in every detail. For instance, original specs called for a single piece leather back, for comfort and durability. This jacket has a three piece leather back (nothing wrong with that, it is the same as my fancy and very costly dressy leather jacket in my closet). It is leather, but the originals were specifically made from goat or horse leather (the type of leather is not specified in this jacket). The original jackets were cut very tight across the waist and shoulders and did not have dual entry pockets - a handwarmer pocket behind the patch pockets on the front (more recent genuine jackets, starting in the 1980's, had a fuller cut and dual entry pockets - this jacket features a fuller cut and dual entry pockets, like the more recent versions, and these features add to the comfort level).

What it IS - this is a very well made jacket of soft but durable leather. I have had mine for about 3 weeks and am very pleased. A history buff may notice that it is not accurate in all details, but to everyone else this is a very cool looking "bomber jacket". The lining is soft but strong, and the jacket will keep you warm in weather down to about 45 degrees. It is not a ski jacket, it will probably not keep you warm in extreme cold (even the original was not intended to keep fliers warm at very high altitudes). The jacket is cut full enough to wear a thin sweater underneath. I find that it is true to size (I bought a medium, same size as my other leather jacket). The jacket even has a genuine YKK zipper, a quality detail. Like all fine leather, it had a strong leather smell when new, and is now fading away.

Looking around online, you can certainly buy a bomber jacket more accurate in detail, but it will cost about $100 to $400 more. For me, that is irrelevant. If you spend the money, YOU will be the only one to notice the difference.

All in all, I don't think you can find a better made, more typical looking bomber jacket than this one at this price. I believe you will be very satisfied. I know I am.
22 comments| 140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2013
Please pay attention to this comment as there are several complaints about this jacket from people who obviously didnt know what they were purchasing. First off, this is a World War II replica bomber jacket. What did we only have 48 of during WWII? That's right!! We only had 48 states during WWII. So why would someone complain about this jacket only having 48 stars as opposed to 50. Please dont give a product negative feedback unless you know what you are talking about. Second, for those that commented about the smell. Geniune leather has a rather strong aroma, possibly to some, even an odor. That is very natural. It's a part of the natural tanning process and is what to most people in existince consider desirable in a leather jacket. This jacket is no different. I have been in love with this jacket ever since I received it.
11 comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2013
I was impressed from the start at the packaging, with touches like paper under each snap and the collar to prevent marking. The jacket has a faint smell, as all leather products do from tanning, but that is absolutely normal. The leather is soft but sturdy enough. I read some of the negative reviews before purchasing and I have had a dozen or so leather jackets in my 60 years on earth. This jacket is a reproduction of a classic military style meant for civilian casual wear. If you want a thick cowhide suit of armor for welding or falling off your Harley, this is probably not for you. If you want a good looking, well constructed value priced jacket for everyday or dress wear, this is it. I was military and this jacket is darker brown than theirs and maybe not quite as well made, but the milspec jacket is four times the price. I don't know what planet the reviewers who give this jacket a bad review are from, but IMHO, if you can get a real leather jacket of this quality of manufacture for a little over a hundred bucks, you should grab it!
on December 30, 2014
Made well. Smells good, looks good. Feels good. A gift I was proud to give to my husband.
review image
on January 24, 2013
Comfortable ans stylish. I ordered a larger size based on other reviews. In retrospect, I would have to say that it is fairly true to size. I would order one size smaller if I had to do it over again. So I recommend ordering your regular size.
on October 2, 2012
The jacket is great.. I ordered a large (my size) and found it to be a snug but good fit. It could have been a bit bigger but I will not go for a bigger size as this looks great the way it is. A great purchase and would encourage anyone to "go for it"
on August 30, 2012
Thanks to Amazon Prime, this jacket arrived in a couple of days with no shipping costs. It fits perfect and is a beautiful leather jacket. I got it in black and it will look great with everything I wear. I can't wait until it gets colder here in Louisiana so I can wear it!
on October 6, 2012
I ride a motorcycle here in oregon where a good jacket is a must. The leather is tough enough that when i had a flat tire I could crawl around on the cement and not find a mark on it afterward. I am 6`4" this size fit me perfectly. By bundeling i can cruze from the mountains to the sea in comfort. Thanks for a good product.
on February 6, 2015
Good fit and the leather is softer than i expected. Had read a lot of reviews and overall, i think it is way better value than most other bomber jackets available.
review image review image review image review image
on April 16, 2013
The jacket is very well made with very soft and supple leather. The fit for me was near perfect. My only comment is that the jacket has slit pockets on the side. Authenticate A-2 Flight Jackets do not. I will say these pockets are useful and does add to the usefulness of the jacket.