5.0 out of 5 stars I love the star cut outs
Exactly as described. Made well. I love the star cut outs. It's great!
Published 5 months ago by bunnyblue

3.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't buy it again
Published on September 6, 2012 by Trac

3.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't buy it again, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Landmann 23152 Patio Lights Starlight Firepit, Black (Lawn & Patio)
When I set about assembling this firepit, I seemed to find problem after problem with the pieces. I really did not want to have to repack and ship this 35lb firepit back to Amazon, so I chose to contact the seller, Landmann, directly and seek resolution with them. Under the advise of their Customer Service Rep, I sent an email describing the issues that I found and attached several picures of such. Below is the description of issues that I put in that email.....

1. The pit itself was scratched with a small dent. I honestly wouldn't have worried had this been the only issue.

2. The pre-assembled bolts in the safety ring were rusted to a point of being so tight that I stripped the heads on a couple of them getting them out and had to use pliers to actually get them loosened. I replaced the bolts at a cost of $3. Was actually still not going to contact you nor worry on it.

3. When putting on the safety ring, I simpy could not get the holes to line up with the ring pieces. I tried 3 or 4 times using different starting points, different tension on the bolts before completely installing, etc. Everytime, the 6th bolt was a good 3/8" off from the ring segment. This is an issue and prompted the contact. I have two grandsons, 2yrs and 4yrs old. I need to get a safety ring on this pit. Not to mention the fact that the pit lid doesn't work without the brackets on the safety ring assembled onto the pit.

For resolution, they offered to ship me a replacement ring (*or maybe I misunderstood someething...?) and a free firepit cover. When I received the package, I found one segment of safety ring (*ring is comprised of three identical segments) and a firetpit cover (*for a different firepit than the one I bought) inside. And, to date, I have not been able to find a combination of these safety ring segments that actually fits. No matter what the combination of pieces I try, the 6th bolt is still 3/8" off from the pre-drilled hole in the firepit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice design but somewhat poorly executed., July 10, 2012
This fire pit is a very nice design but the materials and workmanship lacks and shows. If this pit was made in USA, Canada, Europe, S. Korea or Japan or any other first order nation with good quality control I think it would do very well and fetch a premium. However, upon reading the box label it is clearly marked made in China.

The paint job is rough especially on the cover and the metal is thin and should be thicker for a size like this. If one is to buy this for decoration only and viewed from a distance then it merits 4 to 5 stars. But if one is buying this to use it, then I think no more than 3 stars due to poor construction and paint job.

I am waiting for a made in America fire pit from this company as I like the design. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the star cut outs, July 7, 2014
bunnyblue (Long Island, NY, US) - See all my reviews
Exactly as described. Made well. I love the star cut outs. It's great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tons of fun, April 7, 2014
We have Already used it multiple times. seems well made. Be careful with the screen though. It seems like it can get bent out of shape quickly.