Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on June 28, 2013
We rate assembly a 4 of 5. A little tedious, but all parts were there and matched the instrurction sheet.
The unit has a deep ash base and holds alot of wood or coal. Because of the the four side venting, air flow is rapid and creates a furious fire within minutes. Flames are fed by more than adequate oxygen so it burns quickly with little char left.
Problem is that rain blows in on wood left in pit for future events. We removed wet ashe then used a large plastic bag to cover it. There are several covers that might fit.
on February 2, 2012
The unit arrived in great shape. Easy to assemble and it looks great. It is a bit lighter in weight than I thought it would be however, it just makes it easy to move or empty when cleaning out the ashes.
on June 3, 2013
Have used this little fireplace a couple of times now. Compared to more expensive Fire Pit's it does the job just fine. It was simple to put together, but 1 of the legs came apart and had to be secured with screws. So be aware when putting it together.
on August 25, 2013
This fire pit is great. I like that it has a cover, vice a hole in the bottom for water to come out. The 360 degree design is nice and because of the height you can get lots of warmth from it. It's very aesthetically pleasing. The only downside is the poker that it comes with is very short. I purchased a longer poker separate, but I didn't think that alone brought it down from 5 starts. Still pleased as pie with it!
at under $100 this fire pit is really a good deal. Assembly was pretty easy I appreciated that all the nuts and bolts were the same and that you could put it together just by looking at the picture. Sides seemed a little flimsy but once assembled were okaythe only gripe is that there is no tray for easy cleaning.
on October 13, 2013
Assembly was barely ok, IF IF IF you have a LONG power drill screw attachment, which I did. But the real problem is the SMOKE. Worse smoke than a campfire because the rain cover forces more smoke out the sides, where people are sitting or standing. I felt headache and slight nausea after using for an hour. I have started researching a chimneyed product. What's worse is I can't return now, because I could never re-pack it in the manner in which it was sent.
on January 24, 2013
The fireplace came well packaged but still a few pieces were hard to fit, The screen door bottom doesn't close flush no matter what you do. I screwed all the tiny screws in upside down for the lid so that i could tighten them with the screwdriver onto the Z angles of the top. The Z angles which were welded onto came crooked but that was nothing that tightening screws couldn't fix. I just gave it 4 out of 5 because the door wouldn't close flush.
on December 2, 2013
Don't know if I should rate this as a "Fire Pit" - I have a large Mexican chimenea on my deck, and bought the Haywood to place the three back grid panels around the front to prevent flying cinders. I drilled hole in th4 bottom of the pan, and use it to store wood. I cover the logs with the top of the Haywood. Was less expensive to buy this fire pit and have a guard that would work than to buy the guards out-there. It works perfectly for my purpose, and have several uses for the different parts. I saved unused section in case I have to replace panel in future. Tried first with door on front of guard, but the hinges are too flimsy to sustain constant opening under the deconstructed condition.
on July 10, 2014
This firepit looks great. Unfortunately, it only lasts for about two years.
Rust developes after one year. The screening, sides, and top are fairly robust, but after the second year the pan turns in to a paper thin rust-hole and essentially disintegrates, rendering the unit useless.
So, if you're willing to pay $50 a year for a firepit, then this stylish item is for you.
on February 12, 2013
Brings a warm glow to nighttime while sitting outside enjoying a peaceful evening. I nice glass of wine helps bring more warmth to the event.