5.0 out of 5 stars great reference
We recently purchased a house with a large yard that is rough in several places. Since I am a beginning gardener I find this book a great help in guiding my efforts to enhance and plant our yard. I love that it includes construction help as well as information on plants and flowers.
Published on June 9, 2008 by J. Foster

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for
I imagine this book will be helpful for many more people than those for whom it is NOT helpful; I am one of the latter group. I was looking for landscape ideas, but this book is more about how to put in a patio, how to build a deck, an arbor, etc. Fault is entirely mine...it's called "step by step landscaping" so I should have paid more attention to the title.
Published on December 28, 2010 by Lori M. Campbell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great reference, June 9, 2008
This review is from: Step-by-Step Landscaping (2nd Edition) (Better Homes and Gardens Gardening) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overview, April 10, 2010
Jess R. (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
Having very little gardening or landscaping experience, I found this book to be a good introduction to the topic. It doesn't go into crazy levels of detail on any particular subject, but instead gives you a good overview of what's possible. It stresses planning, explains the importance of practical things like grading and observing the patterns of sunlight year-round, and gives you an idea of how much work is involved in things like building a deck or retaining wall or pond (helpful in deciding whether to DIY or hire a professional).

There's probably not much new in here for experienced gardeners, but as a complete beginner, I now have some ideas about how to start planning the yard, and what subjects I should read about more in depth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for, December 28, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars A thousand inspirational photos, May 11, 2007
Over a thousand inspirational photos accompany these step-by-step outdoor landscape ideas, which appear in a new updated edition of a classic coverage. From swimming pool options and decks and patios to handling slopes and tricky problem areas, STEP BY STEP LANDSCAPING comes packed with both building and planting tips and will be an excellent pick for homeowners who want to transform their outdoors environments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Landscaping, May 26, 2012
This book was required for a class I was taking.
It has a lot of good ideas, although not quite enough actual step by step instructions on the projects I was interested in.
I use it for a reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!!:), July 28, 2010
I love this book it has everything in it. So informative and great photos. I have the "new decorating" book by better homes and garden and it's a lot like that it takes you through step by step to create a great place:) worth every penny:)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference, February 17, 2013
T. Benitez (San Jacinto, CA) - See all my reviews
Could include more details, other than that I enjoy referencing it for landscaping ideas. FYI this book is not for a beginner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Step-by-Step Landscaping..., March 19, 2013
It's okay. There were some good ideas. However, other books I had already purchased were better. I don't know if I would recommend purchasing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good with good ideas easy to make, February 19, 2010
It is an in teresting book with very good ideas easy to do. Actually is one of the best books I have bought about making a good garden. There is a lot of plans well explained with the real photo. There are also make yourself suggestions and plants for different situations. In my opinion it is a good shopping. I would recommeded it to my friends!

3.0 out of 5 stars A starter landscaping book, March 5, 2014
This book has a lot of ideas, but they did not fit what I was looking for. I guess it takes a lot of effort and money to do a project right. I wasn't really looking for a park in my yard.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Step-by-Step Landscaping (2nd Edition) (Better Homes and Gardens Gardening)
Step-by-Step Landscaping (2nd Edition) (Better Homes and Gardens Gardening) by Better Homes and Gardens (Paperback - February 13, 2007)
$24.95 $18.34