From the Back Cover
Hands-On Advice from a Master Woodworker
Whether it's kitchen, home office, family room, or any other kind of built-in cabinet work, this classic technical handbook shows you exactly how to approach the complex job of designing and making custom cabinets. Robert W. Lang takes the mystery out of the job with clearly written text, meticulously detailed shop drawings, and sharp photographs that show how cabinets go together in the real world.
From the planning stage all the way through installation, Bob Lang'sThe Complete Kitchen Cabinet Maker, Revised Editiongives you a firm foundation for designing and building kitchen cabinets from scratch. This comprehensive handbook gives you the choice of building either traditional face-frame cabinets or contemporary frameless Euro-style cabinets. You'll benefit from practical and shop-tested methods and time-savers on every page.
Take the confusion out of cabinetmaking by learning:
• How to measure a room and design cabinetry.
• How to develop working shop drawings and cutting lists.
• How to work with solid wood, veneered plywood, MDF, and plastic laminates.
• How to build traditional face-frame cabinets and Euro-style frameless cabinets.
• How to cut and join the basic box for any project.
• How to construct wall-hung cabinets, units with lighting, and floor-to-ceiling styles.
• How to make doors, drawer faces, drawer boxes, and countertops.