Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on November 16, 2009
Great daily devotional for those short on time. The devotionals are short, clear and well written, which allows for good dicussion and thought provoking ideas to implement.
on January 8, 2010
Not what I was expecting, perfect for any relationship and my husband will actually discuss this with me since it's just a short exercise. Wonderful
The One Year® Love Language Minute Devotional by Gary Chapman is based on thirty years of counseling experience. The devotional is designed so that you can read individually or as a couple "whether your relationship is strong or struggling, stable or challenging." Each day begins with a scripture verse from different Bible translations: NLT, NIV, KJV, NASB and ESV. A short devotional insight follows centered on the theme of relationship and love.

Some of the daily devotional topics include:

* Parenting as a Team
* Dealing with Irresponsibility
* Balancing Work and Family
* God's Plan For Sex
* Languages of Apology

The One Year® Love Language Minute Devotional by Gary Chapman would be excellent for engaged couples or those newly married. However, I found the book disappointing and at times frustrating, since I was not interested in counseling. The assumption of the book is that something is wrong and needs to be fixed. When I open a devotional on love I anticipate words flowing with beauty and scripture, not marital counseling and financial advice. The book is helpful and likeable for other readers, it just didn't fit my season of life.

This devotional is available in imitation leather, Kindle format or lavender softcover. I purchased the lavender softcover and it's very beautiful. The the spine is embossed with a decorative pattern, the back cover is embossed with these scripture words" Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8 NLT
on November 17, 2010
This book is easy to keep up with on a day-to-day basis, and it encourages me to love my husband in the way that Christ does.
on January 31, 2010
This ia good book for a quick daily spousal study and prayer. No awkward questions just points to think on and pray about. My husband and I have never been able to stick with other studies, but I think this one will last.
on January 19, 2010
It's still very early in the year but so far this book is very well written and insightful into your partners frame of mind. It explains in details how everyone is different in how they proceive actions, which the author calls our launguages of love. The author explains how you need to figure out what your spouse really relates too and then proceed accordingly. You could be a gift giver, some one who enjoys buying little things you think your spouse needs to show you care or were thinking of them throughout the day and you may become offended and think your spouse is inconsiderate because they dont often give you things. Where as your spouse could be more of a touch person and just by giving them a hug you are showing them you care and that same spouse my mistake your little gifts as just a buy off or an after thought so that you do not have to spend quality time with them. So even though you are trying your hardest you are actually offending your spouse with your efforts. It has shown me that alot of our frustrations are misconceptions or misinterprations of our partners feelins because we do not truly understand in which way we express our love. I have learned that not only do I need to know how my husband expresses things so that I am not offended by him or think he is neglectful BUT I need to be able to express to him I love him but on his turns , by doing things that make him feel valued and loved. I think as humans we try and try and when the person we are trying to please seems unpleaseable we get frustrated , we argue and eventually quit trying which ends in divorce. But if we could all just realize it's not about what makes me happy they are a separate person and realize that your spouse isnt being intentionally difficult we can break it down and have a btter marriage. Over all I think teh daily lessons are short enough you could persuade any husband to read it and I think if nothing else it could open doors to discussions in your marriage.
on June 21, 2014
This book,when read together by husband and wife,will change your relationship.Not only will you grow together but you will grow in your relationship with Christ.We highly suggest that all couples should take the time every day to read this and then apply the messages to their lives.You will grow closer!
on August 20, 2015
These daily devotions help keep my wife and I close and intimate. A little quiet time together everyday really keeps things fresh!

The devotionals in this book spur great conversations about concepts that my wife and I would not have discussed otherwise. I enjoyed every day through the entire book and wish it hadn't ended. One minute each day is a little bit of a stretch, especially if you talk about what was in the lesson, which you should!

My wife and I don't have kids yet, so a large portion (maybe 1/3 or so) of the book wasn't really applicable yet. But we talk about kids often and are always learning whatever we can for the future.
on February 15, 2016
Wonderful addition to our (husband and wife's) bedside table. We all need reminding every now and then about the importance of "love language" and this little gem provides that reminding every day of the year.
on January 25, 2016
I got this devotional for my dad and his wife for Christmas and they love it. They say that every day the topic is something that speaks to them. They are hard to buy for so I'm glad they are enjoying it!