Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Musical Instruments Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Lanikai LU-21T Tenor Ukulele
|Price:||$99.99 & FREE Shipping|
|You Save:||$75.01 (43%)|
- Tenor Sized, 18 Frets
- Includes an easy-to-play rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- Includes die-cast tuners for solid tuning, and binding on the top
- Has aesthetics at a price that will surprise you
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The binding is nicely done, the tuners work well, it came set up with Aquila Nylgut strings. Nice clear sound to it, cleaner than many I've tried. It holds tuning and I can go for several days without it getting noticeably out of tune, even when I probably get 30 minutes a day on it.
I currently own (in only 6 months!) 5 ukuleles and 2 banjoleles and this is second only to my concert sized Fluke.
The two items I give it a hit on:
1. The wood grain isn't as 'clean' as pictured. I have what almost looks like a spot on the front due to irregularities in the grain. It gives it a bit of character, and no one else is going to confuse it with their instrument, but it wasn't what I expected. If it had been on the back or side, I wouldn't even mention it, but it is right above the sound hole and very noticeable. If you can see the actual instrument you could make your own call, mail order I didn't get a choice.
2. I'd like to have a fret marker on the third fret when starting, but it isn't as important now.
I think they shipped it with the saddle cut too low when it should be shipped higher so you have some opportunity to adjust it. After a month of being tuned up the strings started making contact with the frets at the 10th fret. I purchased a Graphtech Tusq saddle and that fixed that issue and brightened the instrument a bit, not much. The instrument is a bit tubby sounding and doesn't produce harmonics very well above the fifth fret. That is just the hefty construction which didn't help much with the neck settling, which will happen.
Not all that cheap and not all that great but certainly good enough for strumming. If you are more ambitious in your playing than just using it for comping go up a level or two for greater playing satisfaction.
In sum, I am very pleased.
Edit: *The price has since dropped, and seems range of quality of tte instrument, I'd say it's probably worth another star* I don't play uke anymore, but I still believe if you want to learn an instrument, you should invest in a really good one that you love, so that you play it as often as possible.
So far I have been pleased. It took about a week for the instrument to stay in tune for more than 10 minutes at a time, and I was worried it was a faulty instrument. After some reading I discovered it's a natural part of the string stretching process. Since that time, it has done much better.
The instrument itself is good quality and has a decent sound. I sometimes get fret buzz, but that's largely due to my inexperience and improper technique. I would recommend this instrument for any beginner and have had tons of fun learning to play the Ukulele.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
i ordered this to compare to and supplement an oscar schmidt concert uke ou5. this was less expensive but still pretty highly rated. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ira Weiner
This is a great instrument! It has a great sound, and I am impressed with the build quality. I started playing ukulele three years ago, and about 8 months ago decided I needed to... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Kyle
Quality is yet to be determined. Item is used due a card included making reference to someone else.Published 4 months ago by rklew
I got this ukulele about a week ago and the strings loosen up really well. The sound of the ukulele is really awesome for the marked price. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Vinz gozum
Two weeks after I got this instrument the bridge broke off due to a poor glue job. It was a nice instrument before that happened.Published 6 months ago by Keith