Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on September 20, 2007
It is so difficult to shop for a breast pump. If you buy one, you are stuck with it. You can't return pumps ... not even to Target or Walmart. So, hopefully, this will be a helpful review.

I researched quite a bit before choosing this pump. For my needs, it works great. It is very quiet and very efficient. There are only a few parts, so cleaning and assembly is very easy. It is very simple - one dial for suction and one dial for speed. I have been using it semi-daily for a month now and have not had any difficulties.

It works on A/C adapter or on batteries. I am not a full-time pumper; I just use it once or twice a day to increase production and have a little milk stored for emergency or super-hungry-baby days.

It is quiet enough that I can pump on one side while nursing the baby on the other. I love that you don't need to clean the tubing ... all parts that come in contact with the milk are easily cleaned/sanitized.

Also, Avent makes a conversion kit (available on Amazon and at Babies R Us for about $10) so that you can pump directly into Avent bottles rather than transferring the milk into bags, etc. Works GREAT!

If you are totally new to pumps, here's my advice: skip the manual or single pumps. I had the Isis manual pump for my first baby and that was a complete waste of money. I would sit and pump for 20-30 minutes and could barely get two ounces. Electric pumps are so much more efficient. Spend the extra money and get a good pump. It helps increase your milk production and can help with sore nipples.
22 comments|366 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2007
I researched pumps for months before I decided on this one. This is the same exact pump as the ameda purely yours except that it is marketed under lansinoh and is purple (I even contacted lansinoh to verify this). The pump works great and is super easy to clean. The main reason why I decided on this pump was that it (and the ameda) are the only ones that are FDA approved b/c the milk never comes in contact with the tubing or the motor (as opposed to the medela pumps). The one drawback is that you will have to buy your own carrying case and cooler bag, but for the price, its worth the small expense those will cost you.
55 comments|149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2007
I am a mother to a three-month old baby boy, and because we had many problems nursing, I pump exclusively for him, meaning that a durable, efficient pump is an absolute MUST-HAVE for me. I purchased the Lansinoh double electric pump recently after the demise of my old Medela Pump in Style. I was interested in using this pump because I had good experiences with other Lansinoh products and I was in the market for an affordable but durable double electric pump. This pump has not disappointed me!

One thing that I love about this pump is that the design makes it easy to clean and maintain. Milk cannot back up into the tubing, which is a big plus. One minor downside: there are a couple of smallish parts in the assembly (namely the silicone diaphragms that fit in the top of the two flanges) which I could see getting dropped or lost pretty easily at some point in the future. Spare parts are not as readily available in a retail store as the Pump in Style parts, but can be ordered off the manufacturer's website.

I also appreciate that this pump is compact, making it fairly portable. It does not come with any kind of case or bag, but I was fine with it since I found a lot of the breast pump bags overly bulky (not to mention they just kind of looked like breast pump bags...) It has the options of plugging into the wall or using 8 AAA batteries if you are on the go.

The pump is very easy to use. I agree with reviewer that the suction is not as strong as it could be. The Medela suction is probably a bit better. However, the performance of the two pumps is comparable: I can still express the same amount of milk in the same amount of time as with the Medela Pump in Style. I get more than enough to give my son all breastmilk every day.

I would highly recommend this pump to any new mother who would like to pump regularly (even exclusively) but does not necessarily want to pay the Medela price tag.
11 comment|143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2013
I did not purchase this from Amazon, I drove to Wal-Mart and bought one there. After reading last night about how to increase milk supply, I figured I should buy a double pump seeing as how I was using an Evenflo single electric pump. I do love the Evenflo one, however, I didn't think I'd be using it as much as I do. My son is coming up on 4 weeks old, and he requires 3 1/2 ounces at the moment...it's like he moves up a half an ounce every week, seeing as how he's already demanding more. (Little fat butt)...Anyways, I was breast feeding him, but he'd fall asleep too quick and wake up 15 minutes later mad and hungry and looking at me like "What the heck woman!" So I decided I was just going to have to pump and feed him a bottle that way he'd get it all down because he conked out...

ANYWAYS, moving on to the Lansinoh Affinity Pro. I've had it at the house for 4 hours now and used it twice. Not going to lie, I was a little disappointed at first because it does not seem to have the "holy crap" suction that my Evenflo one has, but it is gentle and does NOT hurt me, which is nice. I pumped out my first 7 ounces with it and waited til the next go around. After the 2nd time of using it, I started feel a little better about it and here's why. I got 3 1/2 oz out of one and 4 out of the other, this was after 20 minutes (this thing does take it's sweet time, but it's worth not having your nipple sucked into the bottle), so I figured I'd hit the "Let down" button again to see what happened...the speed/cycle changed and after about 1 1/2 minutes, the let down reflex kicked in...FREAKING AWESOME! I felt like my 3 year old handing a cup to me and saying "More please?". I was able to get 1 more full ounce between the two. So now I know how to make my body think I need more milk, and I'm hoping this will help.

With my daughter, I wasn't producing near as much, but I know that was because of my lack of pumping and feeding knowledge, but with my son...as soon as the milk came in, I started pumping. I feel like a fricking dairy cow but it's nice because I already have enough milk stored in the freezer to keep him happy for a month and I'm still going. I love it. I am praying that I'll be able to keep this up so he'll have breast milk for his first year.

I do like the different settings, which are easy to control. I wish it had a memory so I didn't have to reset it when the actual pumping begins, but hey...no biggy, it's comfortable.

The only thing is, I have to pump in the middle of the night 2 times, since this pump does take a long time, I will be using my Evenflo one because it's so much faster and I can get to bed quicker.

I hope this helps someone with the choice to buy it. If I have any updates, I sure will post them...but for right now, I'd say "I like it".

*UPDATE 4/21/13*

I've had this pump for a week now and I must say, I like it a lot better now than I did when I first bought it. My Evenflo pump was, as I said, really harsh and I have noticed that when I pump with it, I only get 3 to 3 1/2 ounces at a time with it. Not sure why. However, when I pump with the Lansinoh, I am able to get 4-5 ounces on each side everytime. I don't know if it's because the suction is more gentle and like that of an infant or what, but I really do like that I am getting more. My milk production has gone up which is great and I'm not in pain from pumping which is even better. :)
33 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2013
I've been using this pump 3 times a day, 5 days a week, for the past 6 months and it works just as it did the first day. It has the same suctioning power of a Madela for a third of the price. A little background: during the first month of my baby's life I used a hospital grade Madela Symphony that I rented from my hospital. So here is my comparison of the two:

The Madela has a dial that varies the degree of suction, and it is much quieter, but it is very bulky and heavy.

The Lansinoh has buttons that allow you to vary the degree of suction and the speed as well, it has a timer that allows you to see how long you've been pumping,it is very light weight, but it is quite loud. (To muffle the loudness of the Lansinoh pump I simply place it under my knees while pumping at work. No one has ever complained of hearing me.)

Another thing to point out is that the tubes from a Madela are not protected, so water vapor can build up in the tubes. The Lansinoh tubes are not in direct contact with the pump opening so the always have remained dry.

In a nutshell, it's a great pump for a great price, but if you have money and don't mind a bulky, heavy, quieter pump,then get the Madela.
on January 28, 2014
I really don't know why there are so many bad reviews, Medela's people perhaps? Anyway, once you get the hang of it this thing is dead simple, and that's what we like about it. The one we got has a great motor and really isn't that noisy, once you get it set up correctly it works perfectly. A couple of tips - fashion a holder from an old bra, just cut holes in the nipples and push the flange ends through them, makes it much easier to go about other tasks while pumping. Also, to make sure you have a good suction just rotate the flanges slightly around the nipple. Finally, when assembling after a cleaning, install the diaphragm on the flange body first, then screw on the flange body cap -- do not install the diaphragm on the flange body cap first!! I can see where this would lead to a no-go, as obviously there's no suction if the diaphragm is off rotation.
You can run the parts through the dishwasher and dry them in a food dehydrator. Anyway, it is a home run purchase if you compare it to buying formula and/or a more expensive pump. Thanks!!
on June 18, 2013
Had to pump for my baby for 8 months due to latching issues. This pump was amazing and kept up with the demand. When it finally burned out after seven months of use I sent it back to Lansinoh and they sent me a new one, the only thing I paid for was shipping the broken one to them.
on December 27, 2006
This is a great pump. It's so easy to use amd it works! There are very few parts to clean and unlike the Medela, you don't have to clean the tubing because of the closed system. I've never had any problems with it.
on September 23, 2010
I don't know how many stars to give this item. I hesitate to even post this, because I can't stand it, personally, when people review things unrelated to the item that should be posted under seller reviews or similar. But as I have now ordered this breast pump TWICE from two different companies, and haven't received the item pictured, but have rather received the redesigned (and poorly reviewed!) Lansinoh Affinity Pump (you can see the reviews here: http://www.amazon.com/Lansinoh-Affinity-Double-Electric-Lavender/dp/B003B08EWM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1283971007&sr=8-1), I feel that everyone needs to be made aware that this may happen to you as well. From what I can tell, this item is drop shipped directly from Lansinoh, and Lansinoh has just been sending out the Affinity for everyone who orders this product.

Perhaps you will be able to find a seller who has stock of this item rather than it having been drop shipped, but I was unsuccessful. The second time I ordered it, I specifically ordered it from a company called AmericanRx because I was able to actually call them and ask if I would be receiving the one I wanted or if the would send me the Affinity instead, and they assured me that I would be getting the one I wanted. Now I have the Affinity in hand, and I'm going round and round with their customer service department in India, with them refusing to pay return shipping and telling me that they have no record of my call. (How could they have a record of my call? I called *before* I ordered the item). I have rarely felt so frustrated by a customer service experience or even just by trying to get the item that I actually want. Since I'm sure this item is frequently purchased --- it is one of the best reviewed on Amazon.com and certainly for the price you can't find a better reviewed item --- I just wanted to warn potential customers that unless you are able to verify that your item is not being drop shipped from Lansinoh and you're actually getting the item pictured, you're going to get their redesigned Affinity pump, which, again, has really crappy reviews compared to this item. So just be aware!
on June 5, 2009
I originally bought a pump from Amazon.com in December of 2008. Since I'm a stay at home mom, I didn't require the use of my pump on a daily basis but used it successfully (approximately three or four times a week) for about 5 months. That's about the best thing I can say for this product. Towards the middle of the fifth month, I found that the suction no longer worked sufficiently on my pump. I called Amazon and they referred me to the Lansinoh headquarters in Virginia. When I spoke with the Lansinoh representative, I was told that if the pump made a round mark on my finger when pumping then it was not a problem with the suction of the pump but an issue with the hoses and exterior pieces. I waited about 5 days to receive the exterior pieces only to find that the pump STILL did not function properly even with all exterior parts replaced. I called a SECOND time and was informed that I could have a new pump but would have to ship my broken pump in first. I shipped my pump that day and received a replacement pump approximately 10 days later. The replacement pump worked two times and then it ALSO FAILED to work. By this time, I was on a trip and separated from my baby so I was forced to go out and purchase a completely new pump from Wal-Mart. I did not even open the exterior parts from their individual packaging and only used the brand new pump portion. (This clearly indicates that the replacement pump they sent me was defective). Now, I am being told that Lansinoh will not reimburse me for the second pump that I had to buy - they will only send me another replacement for the one that isn't working so that I will now have two working pumps. This is not a satisfactory arrangement because if the pumps did not break frequently then there is no reason why a mother should need more than one breast pump.

I am very unhappy with the overall integrity of the machine that does not appear to function well over time. I am angered further by the policy that mothers have to jump through hoops to correct a problem that arises. (For those of you who are nursing, you know that it is extremely difficult for a mother to go without a pump for such a lengthy period. If you're away from your baby for over four or five hours, you have to pump to keep up your milk supply and avoid clogged ducts.) Now I'm out nearly $300 and I have not one, but two pumps that are of highly questionable quality. I should have bucked up the money for a Medela in the first place. I have lots of mom friends who bought the Medela and none of them regret it.
22 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse