4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had used this with my other babies
Published on October 1, 2010 by busy_mom2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Too thick for comfort
I had very little tenderness when I first started breastfeeding. I mainly wanted to prevent cracked nipples as they were a little tender those first few days. This product comes out incredibly thick and is difficult to even squeeze out of the tube. When applying it is still so thick (even after rubbing between fingers to soften) that it hurts to apply. I would recommend...
Published on March 31, 2010 by Junebug

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I had used this with my other babies, October 1, 2010
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin 1.41 oz (Health and Beauty)
I'm not a first time mom, and have experienced the pain of cracked and painful nipples during the first weeks of breastfeeding before. During my last pregnancy, I came across Lansinoh's HPA Lanolin cream. After reading the many good reviews, I decided to give it a try. I purchased this cream in my 37th week of pregnancy, and started "pretreating" my nipples using this once a day. Since my baby's been born, I've used this after every feeding and I have to say: it works! This time around, breastfeeding has been so much less painful, and I have not had cracked nipples.
The Lanolin cream is indeed pretty thick (somebody described it as having the consistency of honey - this sort of fits) and very greasy. All it takes is a very small amount, so one tube should last quite a while.
I would definitely recommend this for anyone pregnant or nursing, and will continue using this while breastfeeding. Only caveat (and the reason for my 4 stars instead of 5): this may leave grease stains in your clothing. You might want to consider using nursing pads when using this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have!, August 23, 2010
Lisa Allen "Lisa" (Chesapeake, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin 1.41 oz (Health and Beauty)
Any nursing Mom should have this on hand and use it after every nursing session those first few weeks. I didn't use it consistently with my first son and my nipples cracked and bleed and were so tender I would cry to nurse him, it was awful! Second time around I had this stuff in the hospital and used it EVERY single time for the first four weeks and my nipples never cracked, it was so much more bearable, HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! It does come out a little thick, but I would just soften it with the warmth of my fingers. And you only need a small amount. It's also safe for your little one's inconsistent nursing habits in those first weeks, they can get it in their mouth. This is the only brand I know of with no preservatives, it's the way to go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great on dry chapped lips too!, July 6, 2010
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin 1.41 oz (Health and Beauty)
I know this is for breast feeding mothers, but it also works great on dry chapped lips.

I had spent a lot of time in the sun and it really took a toll on my lips, I had also developed a dependency to Carmex because of its contents. Someone recommended I try Lanolin. I went to Baby's R Us and bought a nice tube of Lansinoh brand Lanolin cream. I also used Cortizol 10 to stop the itching. Between the two, my lips are 100% better and I couldn't be happier. A little thick when first putting it on, you might want to soak the tube in some hot water to soften it up a bit before applying. This is quality stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my dry, peeling lips!!, August 27, 2011
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin 1.41 oz (Health and Beauty)
Having lips that constantly peel, crack, and bleed for the past few years, I've been in desperate search of something to relieve my lips and put some moisture into them. I've tried practically everything--natural and organic lip balm (Burt's Bees, Dr. Bronner's, etc), medicinal lip balms (Blistex, Neosporin, Carmex) and lotions/creams (Aquaphor, CeraVe, Aveeno). Most of these would help the first day I used them, but my lips would soon dry out and peel not very many hours after. So after much searching, I heard about the ingredient lanolin and it's moisturizing properties. So with nothing else left to lose, I bought a bottle of this stuff. It might seem pricey for a 2 oz bottle for your lips, but a little goes a long way and lasts me hours and my lips no longer peel like they have! . I squeeze it into a tiny .5 oz tub so I can carry it with me. It is a little heavy like petroleum jelly is, but as long as you don't use a lot, it's fine for me. I'm so glad I found an alternative use for this stuff! Glad to have ended my search finally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing for dry lips!, September 24, 2011
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin 1.41 oz (Health and Beauty)
I had extremely dry and chapped lips the first time in my life and I had no idea what have caused it. I had been using the same toothpaste, mouthwash, lipbalm, so it is not like I was allergic to some new ingredient. No matter what kind of heavy ointment I would put on my lips after I had scrubbed them gently with almond meal, within 24 hours the skin would be peeling off them, they would be raw and painful. Even smiling or chewing would be uncomfortable. I kept reapplying jojoba oil, organic lipbalm, Neutrogena handcream, etc after each meal and after brushing my teeth, but nothing helped. This went on for two weeks, while I was searching for a natural cure on the internet, because I did not want to see a dermatologist.
Many websites had great reviews on the Lansinoh lanolin, so I got it for $13 from CVS. I am so glad I did, because after only 3 days of keep reapplying it, my lips have completely healed. You only need to use a small pea size amount. Because it hardly has any taste and makes my lips supersoft, I will use this instead of lipbalm. Save money and get it from Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, December 23, 2010
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin 1.41 oz (Health and Beauty)
I have not even started nursing yet (still pregnant for a few more weeks) but this product has been a lifesaver. Since you are not supposed to apply anything to your nipple other than lanolin while nursing, this is simply the best option on the market. It only takes a small amount to get help with the dryness (which I have already had an issue with, making them very painful). The bottle says apply a "pea-sized amount" and that is just right. Soften it between your fingers, apply, and go. :) Within a day, and only two applications, I saw a huge difference in my dryness problem.

I have not noticed it staining my cloths at all, so even though it feels greasy, I don't think it would stain anything if you use the correct amount and don't glob it on. I will update this review after we start nursing.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good and effective, May 2, 2010
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin 1.41 oz (Health and Beauty)
I started applying this cream from eight months and I love it. It applied it on my nipples after taking bath. After my baby boy was born I tried to apply after each feed to prevent soreness and cracked nipples. Until now, even though I have mild soreness in my nipples I havent suffered from cracked or bleeding nipples. I would recommend this to every breastfeeding mom.

4.0 out of 5 stars a little goes a long way, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin 1.41 oz (Health and Beauty)
I am a first time mom and wanted to breastfeed my daughter. I got a tip from a fellow mom that the first week or so of breastfeeding could be "uncomfortable". On my daughter's second day of life, my nipples were cracked and sore, and this stuff came in handy. It soothes the stinging feeling until your nipples get used to your little barracuda. A tiny bit of this lanolin goes a long way, as it is pretty thick and you may want to warm the tube in your hands a bit before trying to squeeze any out. This tube will last a long time (mine's still pretty much full and my daughter is now 2 months old). Just try not to goop too much of it on you or baby may slip and not get a secure latch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to use regularly..., March 11, 2011
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin 1.41 oz (Health and Beauty)
Great product but of course you have to remember to use it regularly for it to be effective. A negative is that it will leave unsightly stains on clothing when not wearing a bra, otherwise does what it says it is meant to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Multipurpose, March 10, 2011
Stephanie Griffin "Griff" (Everywhere, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin 1.41 oz (Health and Beauty)
I ran into the many hiccups that most new mothers experience when they begin to breastfeed. Sore nipples, painful scabs, even some bleeding! This product helped ease this pain I experienced. The taste and texture didn't seem to bother Baby, either.

This product has other uses. Now that Baby and I are comfortable breastfeeding, and I no longer experience pain, I use the lanolin to soothe Baby and I's chapped lips. I also apply it to her rough elbows, and it seems to help.

Lansinoh HPA Lanolin 1.41 oz