4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice
I've tried probably 80% of the creams on the market for this problem. Us mothers have it rough. Here's my break down on this particular one.
Pros:
Doctor recommended
Soothes pain
Lasts a long time
Baby safe
Inexpensive

Cons:
Very thick
Stains clothes/bras/pads

The staining aspect can take away from the value of...
Published 18 months ago by Becky W.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!
Not as good as he Medela brand. This one is thicker and stickier. It caused a couple of clogged pores because its so thick. And it gets everywhere. I finally decided it was better to pump without anything than use this -- that's how bad it was. Then I found tried the Medela brand. I wouldn't go back if you paid me!
Published 11 months ago by Michelle

4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers, 40 Grams (Health and Beauty)
Pros:
Doctor recommended
Soothes pain
Lasts a long time
Baby safe
Inexpensive

Cons:
Very thick
Stains clothes/bras/pads

The staining aspect can take away from the value of being inexpensive because some stains don't come out in the wash. I've taken to only using this before bed for that reason- I don't mind what my pajamas look like. In the morning or on the run I'm using nipple cream by Motherlove instead; Motherlove Nipple Cream + FREE Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion Fragrance Free - 8 oz.. It's thinner and works just as well. It absorbs a lot quicker though so much less stain or residue worries. It's a little more pricey but saving my clothes is worth the extra couple bucks. Plus, I've noticed it works great for my daughter's diaper rash. Items with multiple uses are a mother's best friend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, September 23, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle stuff!, April 17, 2013
KEMBLER (Greensboro, NC) - See all my reviews
This amazing, all-natural product relieved painful nipples after breastfeeding (just the smallest little amount was all that was needed), and also works as a great diaper rash cream.

My baby and I ended up with thrush, and both of us were miserable. We tried a random treatment I read about online (1:1 mixture of white distilled vinegar to water), and I would use a washcloth soaked and wrung out to wipe my nipples after nursing. I would then use the lanolin and within 1 day, the pain was almost gone, and by day 2, I was completely better! My baby had thrush on her bottom and we used the vinegar solution on cloth wipes and then just a tiny bit of the lanolin. She went from a very angry, blistery thrush diaper rash to nothing in 2 days. Amazing! We tried almost every diaper rash cream on the market!

This stuff is just wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver, May 20, 2013
I tried another expensive cream which i used for 2 days in the hospital. it left me cracked and dry. i switched to this once i got home and it's taken about 3 days to repair the damage from the previous cream, but this stuff is magic. i apply a light coating after every feeding...will be buying more for sure!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but don't get it on your clothes!, January 6, 2014
I bought a tube of this to use in conjunction with the Avent Nipplettes, but I'm sure it will come in handy when jumping into breastfeeding as well. I will say take care not to get it on your clothes, because it tends to leave an oily stain that won't come out in the wash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice lanolin, easy open-close, tube, kept my nipples happy!, November 11, 2013
emtay (Mission Viejo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Nice thick lanolin that is easier to apply if rubbed between the fingers to warm up. I appreciate the tube, which has a clip top rather than a screw top, so is easy to open and close.

I started using this before the birth to moisturize my nipples and protect them in advance, and then used it regularly for the first month or two of breastfeeding to keep them supple and protected. I never had any kind of problem, so can't speak to that, but I think it helped me in preventing any kind of dryness/irritation.

Apparently it is safe for babies - no need to wash it off before nursing. I tried to apply it immediately after nursing so baby would not be licking it off, and baby never seemed to notice that it had been there during the next nursing session.

I always used disposable breast pads to protect my bra from the lanolin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, you need this for breastfeeding., June 30, 2014
Awesome stuff. It's like Chapstick for your nipples. Apply after every feeding for relief.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most wonderful cream out there, July 2, 2014
The most wonderful cream out there. It works wonderful. But be careful if you get it on your clothes it will stain. A little tip: scrub it with dawn dish soap to get the stain out.

5.0 out of 5 stars There are also other great uses for lanolin, July 1, 2014
A must have for breastfeeding moms! I have used this with every feeding for the first several months and as needed as the baby grows older. There are also other great uses for lanolin, like chapped lips, peeling nose from a cold, diaper rash, etc. Always great to have this item on hand. Much better value here on Amazon, particularly with Subscribe & Save, than anywhere else I have found it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thick, September 3, 2013
I bought it, but used only few times. My baby didn't like the taste or the consistency, and wouldn't latch. The lactation consultant said it's too thick, and recommended Medela oint instead, which I am successfully using. Medela is also less expensive.

Rate and Discover Movies