4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice
I've tried probably 80% of the creams on the market for this problem. Us mothers have it rough. Here's my break down on this particular one.
Pros:
Doctor recommended
Soothes pain
Lasts a long time
Baby safe
Inexpensive

Cons:
Very thick
Stains clothes/bras/pads

The staining aspect can take away from the value of...
Published 19 months ago by Becky W.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!
Not as good as he Medela brand. This one is thicker and stickier. It caused a couple of clogged pores because its so thick. And it gets everywhere. I finally decided it was better to pump without anything than use this -- that's how bad it was. Then I found tried the Medela brand. I wouldn't go back if you paid me!
Published 13 months ago by Michelle

4.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Lansinoh HPA Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers, 40 Grams (Health and Beauty)
Pros:
Doctor recommended
Soothes pain
Lasts a long time
Baby safe
Inexpensive

Cons:
Very thick
Stains clothes/bras/pads

The staining aspect can take away from the value of being inexpensive because some stains don't come out in the wash. I've taken to only using this before bed for that reason- I don't mind what my pajamas look like. In the morning or on the run I'm using nipple cream by Motherlove instead; Motherlove Nipple Cream + FREE Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion Fragrance Free - 8 oz.. It's thinner and works just as well. It absorbs a lot quicker though so much less stain or residue worries. It's a little more pricey but saving my clothes is worth the extra couple bucks. Plus, I've noticed it works great for my daughter's diaper rash. Items with multiple uses are a mother's best friend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, September 23, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle stuff!, April 17, 2013
KEMBLER (Greensboro, NC) - See all my reviews
This amazing, all-natural product relieved painful nipples after breastfeeding (just the smallest little amount was all that was needed), and also works as a great diaper rash cream.

My baby and I ended up with thrush, and both of us were miserable. We tried a random treatment I read about online (1:1 mixture of white distilled vinegar to water), and I would use a washcloth soaked and wrung out to wipe my nipples after nursing. I would then use the lanolin and within 1 day, the pain was almost gone, and by day 2, I was completely better! My baby had thrush on her bottom and we used the vinegar solution on cloth wipes and then just a tiny bit of the lanolin. She went from a very angry, blistery thrush diaper rash to nothing in 2 days. Amazing! We tried almost every diaper rash cream on the market!

This stuff is just wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice lanolin, easy open-close, tube, kept my nipples happy!, November 11, 2013
emtay (Mission Viejo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Nice thick lanolin that is easier to apply if rubbed between the fingers to warm up. I appreciate the tube, which has a clip top rather than a screw top, so is easy to open and close.

I started using this before the birth to moisturize my nipples and protect them in advance, and then used it regularly for the first month or two of breastfeeding to keep them supple and protected. I never had any kind of problem, so can't speak to that, but I think it helped me in preventing any kind of dryness/irritation.

Apparently it is safe for babies - no need to wash it off before nursing. I tried to apply it immediately after nursing so baby would not be licking it off, and baby never seemed to notice that it had been there during the next nursing session.

I always used disposable breast pads to protect my bra from the lanolin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle stuff, February 1, 2014
I actually use this for chronic dry lips. If I use this stuff, my lips become soft and perfect. If I use Chapstick or Burts Bees or ANY other thing (I've tried everything), I am wasting my money. I squeeze this stuff into my old chapstick tubes and lip ointment tubs and I take them with me everywhere. Just be aware that it's sensitive to temperature. The tube is hard to squeeze when cold, and if it's too hot, the lanolin pours out too quickly. Keep it somewhere that it won't be exposed to temperature extremes, and you'll be fine. Oh, and I gave a tube to my breastfeeding daughter who was having chafing issues, and within a couple of days, she was fine. I asked if she wasn't going to use it any more to give it to me rather than throw it away, and she said she's been using it for diaper rash, with amazing results. I think there are many uses for this stuff - it's natural and it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesaver, May 20, 2013
I tried another expensive cream which i used for 2 days in the hospital. it left me cracked and dry. i switched to this once i got home and it's taken about 3 days to repair the damage from the previous cream, but this stuff is magic. i apply a light coating after every feeding...will be buying more for sure!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but don't get it on your clothes!, January 6, 2014
I bought a tube of this to use in conjunction with the Avent Nipplettes, but I'm sure it will come in handy when jumping into breastfeeding as well. I will say take care not to get it on your clothes, because it tends to leave an oily stain that won't come out in the wash.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lansinoh HPA Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers, March 17, 2014
I'm way past the breastfeeding era in life, but I love pure lanolin for any part of my body that needs TLC due to dryness or chapping. I routinely use it on my lips and the fact that this is safe for babies and has no taste or odor is a plus for that application. I was disappointed that the tube contained less product than previously purchased tubes, but that seems to be the way things are going with a lot of products. Keep this at room temperature for maximum "spreadability" and appreciate the snap-top lid.

By the way, when I was in the breastfeeding era, this was a godsend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for chapped lips, February 11, 2014
I'm a guy, I can't comment on the sore nipples. However, my pharmacist recommended this product for extremely sore and chapped lips. This stuff works wonders on my lips when carmex just was no longer cutting it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Say goodbye to chapped lips!, October 21, 2014
In all honesty this didn't do much for me when I was breastfeeding. But I am not ashamed to say that I have been using it on my lips for almost 10 years twice daily and have never had chapped lips once! It works so well and is so reliable that I make all my kids use it daily. Plus any friends or family that can handle the idea of going around with "chapstick" that says "For breastfeeding mothers" on it. The day my mom was babysitting and found my 8 year old son putting it on... well we'll save that story for another time :)

You'll just have to either believe me or try it for yourself. You will NEVER go back to "chapstick"!!!!!
I'm a lifelong customer.