Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th

Size: 40g|Change
Price:$6.20+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on March 5, 2013
I've tried probably 80% of the creams on the market for this problem. Us mothers have it rough. Here's my break down on this particular one.
Pros:
Doctor recommended
Soothes pain
Lasts a long time
Baby safe
Inexpensive

Cons:
Very thick
Stains clothes/bras/pads

The staining aspect can take away from the value of being inexpensive because some stains don't come out in the wash. I've taken to only using this before bed for that reason- I don't mind what my pajamas look like. In the morning or on the run I'm using nipple cream by Motherlove instead; Motherlove Nipple Cream + FREE Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion Fragrance Free - 8 oz.. It's thinner and works just as well. It absorbs a lot quicker though so much less stain or residue worries. It's a little more pricey but saving my clothes is worth the extra couple bucks. Plus, I've noticed it works great for my daughter's diaper rash. Items with multiple uses are a mother's best friend.
22 comments|137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2010
I'm not a first time mom, and have experienced the pain of cracked and painful nipples during the first weeks of breastfeeding before. During my last pregnancy, I came across Lansinoh's HPA Lanolin cream. After reading the many good reviews, I decided to give it a try. I purchased this cream in my 37th week of pregnancy, and started "pretreating" my nipples using this once a day. Since my baby's been born, I've used this after every feeding and I have to say: it works! This time around, breastfeeding has been so much less painful, and I have not had cracked nipples.
The Lanolin cream is indeed pretty thick (somebody described it as having the consistency of honey - this sort of fits) and very greasy. All it takes is a very small amount, so one tube should last quite a while.
I would definitely recommend this for anyone pregnant or nursing, and will continue using this while breastfeeding. Only caveat (and the reason for my 4 stars instead of 5): this may leave grease stains in your clothing. You might want to consider using nursing pads when using this product.
on November 6, 2008
Forget about breast feeding..... this is the ONLY product on the market that works effectively in healing dry, cracked, painful CHAPPED LIPS. And you would not believe what it can do for rough, DRY FEET! I use this stuff every day, and I don't have any kids!
22 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2014
I'm a guy, I can't comment on the sore nipples. However, my pharmacist recommended this product for extremely sore and chapped lips. This stuff works wonders on my lips when carmex just was no longer cutting it.
on May 12, 2007
I love this product. A little goes a looong way. Very soothing. Don't buy two tubes. One lasts forever. I used mine every day while I breastfed and I didn't even use a quarter of it. It is a great buy.
on March 1, 2009
I had an issue with very dry nipples and flaky in my fifth month of pregnancy. My doctor recommended Lansinoh to help with the dryness, so I used it from month five and continued while I nursed. I didn't have a lot of the soreness and chapping many women report and that was with a child who had an infection of his umbilical cord, making him want to nurse constantly both because he needed hydration and because he needed comfort. I truly believe that by condition my nipples with Lansinoh before I gave birth made them more pliant and supple and helped me be successful with nursing even with a bit of a rocky start.
on July 6, 2010
I know this is for breast feeding mothers, but it also works great on dry chapped lips.

I had spent a lot of time in the sun and it really took a toll on my lips, I had also developed a dependency to Carmex because of its contents. Someone recommended I try Lanolin. I went to Baby's R Us and bought a nice tube of Lansinoh brand Lanolin cream. I also used Cortizol 10 to stop the itching. Between the two, my lips are 100% better and I couldn't be happier. A little thick when first putting it on, you might want to soak the tube in some hot water to soften it up a bit before applying. This is quality stuff!
33 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2013
Not as good as he Medela brand. This one is thicker and stickier. It caused a couple of clogged pores because its so thick. And it gets everywhere. I finally decided it was better to pump without anything than use this -- that's how bad it was. Then I found tried the Medela brand. I wouldn't go back if you paid me!
on February 1, 2014
I actually use this for chronic dry lips. If I use this stuff, my lips become soft and perfect. If I use Chapstick or Burts Bees or ANY other thing (I've tried everything), I am wasting my money. I squeeze this stuff into my old chapstick tubes and lip ointment tubs and I take them with me everywhere. Just be aware that it's sensitive to temperature. The tube is hard to squeeze when cold, and if it's too hot, the lanolin pours out too quickly. Keep it somewhere that it won't be exposed to temperature extremes, and you'll be fine. Oh, and I gave a tube to my breastfeeding daughter who was having chafing issues, and within a couple of days, she was fine. I asked if she wasn't going to use it any more to give it to me rather than throw it away, and she said she's been using it for diaper rash, with amazing results. I think there are many uses for this stuff - it's natural and it works.
on August 18, 2014
I love this product. First the product itself is awesome when nursing, but the mini sizes are incredibly convenient to have around. One in my purse, diaper bag, in the car...it's nice to not have to carry a large tube around. Not to mention remembering where you laid it. I like just having little ones where I need them. Convenience with children is a priceless commodity.