Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on May 10, 2012
Glad we only got one of these. I've had my fair share of sippy cup reviews with three little ones. I preferred not to use this wobbly, hard to put cap on without spilling milk (handles get in the way). Also its germ infested...you need to pop off the dome slider that covers the straw, otherwise mold grows in there (even when run through the dishwasher). There also is a film of milk left behind (unlike any other cups) and this takes forever to dry because of its shape. Also mold grows in between the weighted base and clear cup...doesn't effect its use, just gross.
on June 14, 2012
Full disclosure -- I received this cup as a free sample from Lansinoh so even if this product was poor, I wouldn't have cared very much since I didn't spend any money. However, I have been very happy with this cup. I use it for my 14 month old for her daily kefir (a yogurt drink, which is thicker than milk but not as thick as regular yogurt -- she is not a fan of cow's milk). This cup is as spill proof as it comes -- the swivel cover that tucks the straw inside keeps EVERYTHING in, I've never seen a drop on the outside, ever. I use Munchkin's Spill Proof Click Lock straw cups for her water, but those will still occasionally leak if I don't put the straw back in correctly. She's also never had any issues sucking her drink up, from day one. I wonder if it's possible younger babies might have issues sucking strongly enough to get the liquid up? Or perhaps the straw wasn't placed correctly, or the top might have been pinching the straw base?

I have two minor quibbles: 1. It doesn't really wobble as well as advertised, but that's not a huge issue since my tot is past that developmental stage. and 2. The round shape makes it hard to fit neatly into existing insulated bottle packs, which accommodate regular cylindrical sippy cups nicely, but not so much this bulbous shape. It leaves me less room to pack food but to be honest, I don't pack THAT much that needs refrigeration, but I can see it being an issue for others who do.

As far as washing goes, I do this by hand with hot soapy water and it takes 30 seconds. Since i'm personally rinsing out the nooks and crannies, I don't worry about mold growing anywhere at all. So I would recommend hand washing over dishwashing for sure!

Anyway I'm overall very pleased and definitely thinking of buying another cup to have as a backup!
on August 21, 2015
What is the point of a weighted straw if the straw doesn't bend? The cup is meant to be able to be tipped any which way while the child drinks, and the weight at the bottom of the straw keeps it in the liquid. The straw is RIGID. It sits in one spot in the bottom of the cup, and if the volume is low and cup is tipped the slightest bit away from that angle, nothing is drawn up into the straw.
on June 7, 2012
I'm working to transition my now 8 month old to a straw cup as he is increasingly interested in feeding himself. I need a totally leak-free cup since he only gets pumped breast milk. I really wanted to like this cup since it is made by Lansinoh, but I do not, and it's already been thrown away.

First, it is very difficult to clean. The straw comes apart just fine and is easily washed, but the lid itself does not come apart. It is quite easy for milk and other nasties to accumulate in places you can't clean. I'll try to upload some pictures of the problem areas later. Also, due to the weighted bottom of the cup, it ALWAYS flips in the dishwasher, leaving it full of gunk and collected water. Because of it's weird shape, it doesn't fit on my OXO drying rack either.

Second, it is very difficult to drink from. For some reason the resistance through the straw is quite high. I think because the end that goes in the mouth is not a regular straw end, but instead is closed with a cross-cut almost like a bottle nipple. My baby seems to have a lot of difficulty getting milk from it at all.

Third, it leaks. Not a whole lot, but enough to frustrate me. I work hard to pump that liquid gold. I want my baby to have it, not the floor.

Fourth, the weighted straw ball does not follow the milk. At all.

Fifth, because of the shape, you can't use a sippy strap like BooginHead SippiGrip, Pink/Green/White. So I have to repeatedly pick it up off of the floor during a meal.

So what do we use instead? Playtex Baby First Lil' Gripper Twist 'n Click Straw Trainer Cup, 7 Ounce, Colors May Vary It leaks a bit, too, but it is much easier to clean and to drink from. We also have NUK Disney Winnie the Pooh 5 Ounces Learner Cup Silicone Spout, 6+ Months which is probably his favorite, but it has a nipple not entirely unlike a bottle, and I'd rather transition him away from that.
on November 13, 2015
I returned this because it was hard to suck out of. I love Lansinoh products very very much! We own 7 of their Sippy cups! Best Sippy cup for transition fro bottle! But this product was discontinued my the manufacturer, they have the new improved version , http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006W79L3M/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?qid=1447412824&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=momma+sippy+cup&dpPl=1&dpID=31ui98a1MmL&ref=plSrch , this one in the link works very well
on April 12, 2014
These cups are great! For the most part, they work well and my son loves them. They're also super cute. ;) However, they do have a couple flaws.

PROS:
- my son loves the round shape, and grips the handles easily
- the cup and straw are easy to clean (with a straw brush and regular sponge)
- you can use the cup base with a bottle nipple if you use Lansinoh bottles with a younger baby, which I do! The whole system is interchangeable which is nice.
- super easy to put together
- holds a good amount of liquid

CONS:
- the bottom part of the straw sometimes comes loose out of the upper part of the straw when you have anything thicker than regular liquid in the cup (like a smoothie). Kind of a pain.
- the cup leaks from the straw from time to time - but then again, my kid likes to shake the cup upside down...

Overall, LOVE these cups! They're so adorable. I'd definitely recommend them.
on April 5, 2016
Great concept, but needs some tweaking. The cup does not leak much at all, but the straw is extremely difficult to pull liquid through. I have a hard time sucking anything thorough it--my 1yo son can't get anything out at all. I was expecting the cup to right itself when turned over, but it does not.
on September 17, 2015
This is the only cup my son will drink from. I tried a few different types/brands before with no luck. Fortunately I found this one! This cup allowed us to get off bottles by 10 months old!!! It does not leak. It is easy to hold. My son sips from it easily. The straw is amazingly leak-proof and made of safe & soft silicone. All parts are dishwasher safe. If your baby drinks breastmilk from this cup, you will need to clean it out with a bottle brush because the clear plastic gets foggy. I love this cup so much that I have 10 of them! We will use these for a long time. They are durable enough to pass along to our next child.
on August 23, 2015
My one year old has had no problems drinking from any straw cups (he transitioned right from bottles to straws), except for this one. It was very difficult from him to drink through the straw on this cup. The cup also rolled around very easily. Not a fan.
on March 3, 2014
This is a great straw cup. It’s easy for my son to hold on to (started using it at 8 months) and the straw is soft but easy to use. My favorite part is that the bottom part of the straw comes off and is a harder plastic so it’s easy to wash by hand or in the dishwasher. I put the bottom straw part in the silverware container in my dishwasher and the rest of the pieces on the top rack and it washes up great. Wonderful cup.