Lansky Diamond Deluxe Sharpening System
Extra Coarse, Coarse, Medium and Fine Hones
Keep all your knives honed with a professional, razor sharp edge with the Lansky Controlled-Angle Sharpening System. The system comes with four sharpening hones of different coarseness: an extra-coarse diamond (70 grit), a coarse diamond (120 grit), a medium diamond (280 grit), and a fine diamond (600 grit). As a result, you'll have the tools to sharpen virtually any type of kitchen, hobby, or garden knife. Diamond kits are very aggressive, and are the sharpener of choice for quickly setting an edge or resetting the edge to a different angle. That's because diamonds remove steel much faster than their aluminum oxide counterparts.
The system is easy to use, with a controlled-angle sharpening system built into the precision-engineered knife clamp. Simply secure the knife, choose your preferred angle, and you'll receive a sharp edge every time. Each of the four angle options is suitable for a different knife type. The severe 17-degree angle is recommended for razor blades, X-Acto blades, scalpels, and similar tools, as it provides an extremely sharp but delicate edge. The 20-degree angle is commonly used for higher-quality blades, making it ideal for kitchen cutlery and filet knives. The 25-degree angle is recommended for knives that need a durable, sharp edge, such as hunting and outdoor knives. And the 30-degree angle is recommended for heavy-duty knives that commonly cut cardboard, wire, or carpets.
Each honing stone is color-coded, with finger-grooved safety holders to keep your hand secure. The kit also comes with a guide rod for each honing stone, specially formulated honing oil, extra-long knife clamp screws, easy-to-follow multilingual instructions, and a custom molded storage/carrying case to hold all system components.
- Hones include: Extra Coarse Diamond (70 grit), Coarse Diamond (120 grit), Medium Diamond (280 grit), and Fine Diamond (600 grit)
- Precision-engineered, multi-angle, flip-over knife clamp
- Sharpening hones on color-coated, finger-grooved safety holders
- One guide rod for each honing stone
- Specially formulated honing oil
- Extra long knife clamp screws
- Custom molded storage/carrying case to hold all system components
- Complete easy-to-follow multi-lingual instructions
- 17 degrees: A severe angle recommended for razor blades, X-Acto blades, scalpels or similar tools. Provides an extremely sharp but delicate edge.
- 20 degrees: A commonly used angle for higher quality blades and provides an excellent edge for kitchen cutlery and filet knives.
- 25 degree: The recommended angle for most knives that need a durable, sharp edge. Ideal for hunting and outdoor knives.
- 30 degree Angle: An outstanding angle for knives that see the heavy use of cutting cardboard, wire or carpets. Recommended for heavy duty use.