4.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent *Finishing* Hone
This is an excellent stone for putting the finishing touch on serrations; however, because it is a _fine_ stone, it'll take considerable time unless one already has a good edge established. I recommend using the Lansky Medium Hone for Serrated Knives to establish the initial edge and then use this fine stone to finish it.

After some use, my stone broke off of...
Published on November 23, 2012 by R. Knowlton

1.0 out of 5 stars Not too user freindly...hated it.
I found this product very difficult to use. Hard to be at all accurate when sharpening. Received it one day and returned the next.
Published 11 months ago by ForYourReview

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent *Finishing* Hone, November 23, 2012
This review is from: Lansky Fine Hone for Serrated Knives (Sports)

After some use, my stone broke off of the carrier (bad glue set). I sent a picture to Lansky. Customer service was great and they sent another stone with no questions asked.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for getting the right shave-sharp serrated blade for those who dare?!, September 3, 2012
This review is from: Lansky Fine Hone for Serrated Knives (Sports)
This allows you to get down and dirty into the cracks and crevices associated with serrated blades. Works like a charm....have the medium and fine of these. It makes sharpening your serrated edge knives a cinch. and this allows that extra fine sharpness to be achieved on any serrated blade! What more can I say?

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well for me, May 29, 2013
This review is from: Lansky Fine Hone for Serrated Knives (Sports)
I use this stone, in conjunction with the medium hone for serrated knives. The results are great. I've put the Lansky hones for serrated knives to work on some very different knives of very different quality and I am always pleased with the results.

I've an emergency kit knife, (Cold Steel's "ER 1," which is no longer manufactured) with a stainless steel blade. This knife is an integral, important part of my car's first aid kit. I take care of that blade and I keep it very sharp using the Lansky medium and fine hones. If I need that knife; I'm really going to need it.

However, I also employ these hones with success on inexpensive serrated knives that I use for slicing stuff on my little home bar. The results, even with cheap knives, are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lansky and only Lansky for my knives., August 30, 2014
This review is from: Lansky Fine Hone for Serrated Knives (Sports)
OK where do i begin. I have used lansky sharpeners for a long long time. WHY? Because it became very obvious to me as a young person while on a trip with a friend===and he was showing me "how" to sharpen a knive that every time he drew the knife across the stone he did so at a different angle. There is no way to hold it consistently. The lansky solves that problem. So, why this? Well because I have bread knives and also things like spiderco that are 1/2 serrated and 1/2 smooth etc. The serrated blade as you know has little peaks and valleys and the pointed edge of this stone follows the "terrain" so to speak of that blade which allows it to do its magic. I was able to use my regular stones (lansky) the coarse and medium and then the medium and fine (this one) for the last few steps and voila, a razor sharp serrated knife. WOrks P-E-R-F-E-C-T-L-Y. I must warn you, it does require some effort, and patience. This is not a grinding machine promising magic in 10 seconds. HOwever, if you want to take time and do a craftsmans job on your knife edges, you will be rewarded with razor sharp knifes. Wouldn't use anything but!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as good as advertised, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Lansky Fine Hone for Serrated Knives (Sports)
Purchased this sharpener for my adult son. He has been very pleased with it. It is difficult to find a good sharpener for serrated knives and this one works great. We would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Lansky Fine Hone for Serrated Knives (Sports)
They make the best hones! I made my own sharpening system after watching a youtube video. I glued a piece of PVC pipe on the back of the hone and use a 1/4 in extension and swivel as a slide guide. Works just like Wicked Edge, but cost 30 bucks. My knives are scary sharp!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, December 21, 2012
This review is from: Lansky Fine Hone for Serrated Knives (Sports)
This is extremely easy to use and provides a very sharp edge to the serrated edge. I highly recommend if you have Lansky products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lansky Fine Hone for Serrated Knives, April 24, 2012
This review is from: Lansky Fine Hone for Serrated Knives (Sports)
I have used the Lansky products for over 15 years now, and everyone of there products are top notch! This is by far the very best home knife sharpening system on the market. I see there's a few others that have try to copy there system, but none of them have even come close! Lansky set the standard for producing quality sharpening systems

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, April 5, 2014
This review is from: Lansky Fine Hone for Serrated Knives (Sports)
Great tool to sharpen serrated edges. I use this tool every day on my knives and it is invaluable. Thanx!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well., March 11, 2014
Mark M. (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lansky Fine Hone for Serrated Knives (Sports)
You might want a medium grind for serrated knives as well. In general, I like the Lansky system. It took me awhile to get the right results. Be sure you avoid putting a curl on your blade: go light for each hone and flip sides often. You can detect a curl on the blade by running your fingernail tip from the blade side to the blade edge and off the blade. You can feel a little catch against your fingernail on the side that has the curl.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›