5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
I have been using a Laptop Desk 2.0 for the past couple of months and love it. The desk is light and thin making it easy to carry in my laptop bag. Its also sturdy and makes working from my laptop when on the road much more comfortable. Highly Recommended.
Published on May 21, 2007 by Brian N. Warren

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure how this got good ratings...
Published on December 11, 2007 by Sean

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure how this got good ratings..., December 11, 2007
Sean "Sean" (Reston, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Laptop Desk 2.0 (Electronics)
I read many reviews on this and people seemed to love it. I have yet to figure out why. I have a 15" and 17" laptop and neither are good on it. The plastic is cheap and feels like it is going to break but has not. (it does bend a bit) The thing is not big enough and the laptops don't seem to rest well in any position. They slide around and wobble. I would prefer that it was thicker as well to get the laptop up higher.

I also purchased the mouse extension and it is the most frustrating thing ever. If you bump it against any small thing, it pops off and the mouse tumbles. Using a mouse on this is a bad idea anyway... tilt the desk slightly and the mouse slides off.

I will give it kudos for being foldable and can easily pack into a laptop bag. Decent try but by no means great.

2.0 out of 5 stars There is better out there, December 4, 2007
This review is from: Laptop Desk 2.0 (Electronics)
Had this product now over 1 year. Main part of desk is OK but still gets hot after an hour or so. Underneath is not very comfortable on your leg as there is no padding. The add-on Mouse extension is a joke. It locks on with just pressure clips and falls off constantly. It also is slick so unless flat the mouse will slide off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, May 21, 2007

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the best quality, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Laptop Desk 2.0 (Electronics)
This product is flimsy and tends to become lose the more you use it. Made from very cheap materials, so it is definitely not a good value for the price. BEWARE - IF YOU RETURN THIS ITEM YOU WILL ONLY GET 50% OF YOUR MONEY BACK. THIS VENDOR HAS A HEAVY RE-STOCKING THAT IS NOT ADVERTISED WHEN YOU PURCHASE THE ITEM.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless...waste of money !, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Laptop Desk 2.0 (Electronics)
I should have read all the reviews before I ordered this thing. It is cheap feeling, has virtually NO real area to operate a mouse and feels like it just might break at any minute. The size of the lap top in the pictures must be a netbook. A 15 or 16 inch lap top over whelms this thing.

I guess it would be barely acceptable IF you did not use a mouse....but the mouse is a deal breaker for me....Will donate to local thrift shop rather than return. Not worth the hassle and postage. I WILL be more careful when I buy something like this again.

Frankly the lap desk I got at the big blue box store for nine eighty eight is way, way, more functional than this. I'll buy another one of those tomorrow to use when I'm in bed surfing.....

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing newer model..., April 19, 2012
S. Gibbs (Newport, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Laptop Desk 2.0 (Electronics)
We got the original lap works fold out desk a few years ago. More recently my wife upgraded her laptop and we found ourselves fighting over the desk, to the extent that the most sensible solution was to buy a second one.

A real let down. The new one does not fold open smoothly - or flat - and is very evidently produced more cheaply and from cheaper grade more brittle plastic that 'creaks' when you lean on it or apply any pressure.

We're stuck with it now of course, the apparent victim of a company's success in the marketplace. Sadly, I cannot recommend it like I so easily could the original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for use with 15" Macbook Pro, January 18, 2008
This review is from: Laptop Desk 2.0 (Electronics)
I've been using one of these for 1.5 years and it has made using the Macbook Pro more comfortable, especially when laying in bed or on the sofa. The Macbook Pro sits well and doesn't slide. I have even fallen asleep with it on my lap and it hasn't slid off. I can plug things into the ports without worrying about the connectors and my iPhone says nice and stable next to the Macbook.

I use it at home and when I travel (with my larger laptop bag). I also use it on my desk and find the adjustable angle makes the laptop more comfortable.

Unfortunately mine broke today when I applied a little too much energy when opening it and stressed the edge of the hinge. I realize how much I miss it already. I'm ordering a replacement but will probably go to the store to pick it up since I can't wait for the shipping.

This is a great product for any laptop owner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, March 19, 2009
This review is from: Laptop Desk 2.0 (Electronics)
I see this product less as a "desk" than as a heat shield for my lap. At that it does a fine job. It's also light and folds nicely to fit in a briefcase or backpack.

I use mine when I work on the road, which is often. Last week I left it on an airplane, so I'm ordering another today.

4.0 out of 5 stars On the other hand it's pretty awesome when used in the desktop mode, September 30, 2014
This review is from: Laptop Desk 2.0 (Electronics)
It's really functional at preventing the escaping heat scorching one's tighs. On the other hand it's pretty awesome when used in the desktop mode, gives you varying leverage options to suite your preferred gradient whilst using your laptop's keyboard. The only con is the support that's engaged in desktop mode, it's plastic - which I doubt is strong enough to last a lifetime, hopefully Laptop Desk 3.0 improve upon that!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good for sitting on a table so the laptop gets ..., June 28, 2014
This review is from: Laptop Desk 2.0 (Electronics)
It's good for sitting on a table so the laptop gets more air underneath, but there's no padding on the underside, uncomfortable on the person's lap.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Laptop Desk 2.0
Laptop Desk 2.0 by LapWorks, Inc. (Mac OS X, Windows XP)
$29.99 $17.95