on January 12, 2012
Format: Paperback
I was excited to get this book a couple months before my vacation to Finnish Lapland. However I'm a bit underwhelmed. First I noticed a small mistake: they list the airport code to Kittilä as KTL, but it's actually KTT. That's not a big deal. But then was disappointed to find that they don't even mention the area I'm going to visit. Ylläs is the largest ski area in Finland in terms of number of ski runs/slopes and lifts. There is no mention of it at all is this book. It's in between 2 villages: Ylläsjärvi and Äkäslompolo, both of which have local tour guides offering husky, reindeer and snowmobile safaris. No mention of these towns or tour operators either. They do mention Levi, which has the largest ski village and more amenities than Ylläs. There's probably a lot of good info in this book, but if you're going to Finnish Lapland, I think you'd be better off buying the Lonely Planet Finland guide.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on February 26, 2014
Format: PaperbackVerified Purchase
It is a very comprehensive and detailed book. We will be very useful on our trip. We are happy with the guide.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again