Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 24, 2003
Packaging looks nice but after opening, the "laptop" part gets set aside and never looked at again, you are better off opting to buy markers, paper, etc separately - much better value. Don't waste your money on this one.
on March 4, 2005
We got this for our son for Christmas and it fell apart the same day. It falls apart when you try to close it and the plastic thing that the markers are supposed to go in are too much for small kids to deal with. Would be much more economical and practical to just buy crayons, paper, etc.
on February 20, 2008
I bought this on sale for $4.50. We have a purple one (for a 4 yr old girl) and an orange one (for a 4 yr old boy). They like the contents and the back section is a good place to store separate pieces of paper for them to draw on. However, it is WAY too hard for a 4 year old to open the case. Also, on the drawing surface there are two raised triangles with slots in them to help hold the pieces of paper, but only the plain paper that comes with the kit fits in the slots. They are too close together to hold regular 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper and they are too close to hold the dry erase activity sheet that comes in the kit. It comes with chalk but we don't find any sort of chalk board in ours. I would buy it on sale if you want a kit to keep in the car and you want to help your young child open it. I definitely would not pay the list price for it. Now we have had it for about 2 months and over time it has loosened up and become easier to open so that now my children can open it by themselves. It is a convenient way to carry around markers, crayons, colored pencils and paper. The reason I give it 4 stars instead of 3 is that my daughter has really enjoyed being able to bring her drawing case with her and it has kept her happily occupied during times that we have to wait. Also, it keeps the drawing supplies all together.