4.0 out of 5 stars comments re: battery
The battery meets my expectations. My only thing I would have liked is to be able to clearly view the label on the back of the battery. I need to know the date on the battery but there seems to be a label on top of the date. I know the lifespan of the battery may only be about 3 to 4 years years.
Published 14 months ago by Karen Donaldson-Rivera

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage
Published 5 months ago by Patrick

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, July 4, 2014
This review is from: Laptop Battery for 593553-001 - HP Original Battery - MU06 Notebook Battery "Laptop Power" TM Branded (Electronics)
This didn't hold a charge as long as the 2 plus year old worn out battery that came with the laptop, in fact it was about half. Several days later it wouldn't charge at all, giving a 0% available "plugged in, not charging message." I re-installed the old original battery and it instantly started charging showing 55% available within 15 minutes. This is junk, I'm not pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars comments re: battery, October 19, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, April 21, 2014
I ordered this about a month ago to replace the original HP battery in my Pavillion g7. The original was 4 1/2 years old and would no longer hold a charge for more than 20 minutes.

It appears to be an HP original, but I was disappointed that the new battery had an expiration of 11/2013 - already 4 months past date. It does hold a charge pretty well, though. It seems to last almost 2 hours (depending on what I'm doing), and since this laptop probably won't last that much longer, it will do.

1.0 out of 5 stars "New" HP battery did not work, July 22, 2014
The battery was advertised as "new" and had proper HP labels but did not come in HP packaging. This wouldn't have been an issue except for the fact the battery did not work. The computer's HP battery test showed battery was about 2 years old and would not charge or discharge. Had to return.

5.0 out of 5 stars That is still better than having you notebook/laptop plugged into an outlet, August 8, 2014
Theresa H. (Harbor Beach, Michigan) - See all my reviews
This is the "HP" 593553-001 lap top battery, not just a "look like" one. The battery fit well into the compartment of my notebook and after charging (and letting the battery discharge to 7% as directed), seems to be working well. The life of the battery is not as long as the battery pack that came with the notebook but it last for 4-6 hour just surfing around the net or reading. If your going to play games that are downloaded, well it doesn't last as long, about 2 hours. That is still better than having you notebook/laptop plugged into an outlet. I hate that tethered filling.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed by physical condition of battery, July 4, 2014
The battery lasts about 45 minutes under continuous use and a couple of days of "once a day" type use. The tabs holding the battery into the computer were worn and did not hold. Under closer inspection, it appears as if they have been worn down or filed. I use packing tape to hold the battery in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unplugged Again!, March 6, 2014
I can use my computer unplugged again! My original battery had a short in it.
This battery arrived early, works, and I'm satisfied with my purchase, thus far. I'll edit this post if anything changes.

1.0 out of 5 stars sold me a NG part, June 3, 2014
battery wouldn't take a charge. tried it in 2 computers. A computer tech from a chip mfg., said he saw corrosion in the coppers connection points, the battery was open stock, maybe it was already sent back before it was sent to me.? I did get my money back and the money I spent on shipping too. So I trust Amazon. They also followed up on if I I was satisfied, and I am. I paid a little more and got a Amazion battery that fit and charged with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked good, April 20, 2014
After reading about a house fire because of non brand name replacement batteries in a laptop, I bought this and it was just what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power free again, June 6, 2014
JC (Wausau, Wisconsin) - See all my reviews
needed a new battery for my surprisingly old battery, the item I got was model number 593554-001 but it works still and I couldn't be happier, im finally cordless once again, and the battery life is wonderful dependent on what your doing on your notebook, my system was a HP Pavilion g7 if that helps out any, installation was easy as cake out with the old and in with the new, life of the battery so far im getting 5 hours with just simple net surfing, but it does go down if you do viewing like youtube or movies, wonderful and most people should replace a battery around 3 years or so